Transportation between Port Everglades and the Port of Miami

Bestbubba

DH and I are disembarking from a TA cruise in Fort Lauderdale and embarking the Eclipse in Miami later the same day (seemed a good idea at the time;)) We would be most grateful for suggestions for transportation between the 2 ports. Obviously a cab would be the easiest option but is there anything cheaper out there that CC members could recommend? We were told about a shuttle service but their minimum is 6 passengers.

TIA

Sue

DH and I are disembarking from a TA cruise in Fort Lauderdale and embarking the Eclipse in Miami later the same day (seemed a good idea at the time;)) We would be most grateful for suggestions for transportation between the 2 ports. Obviously a cab would be the easiest option but is there anything cheaper out there that CC members could recommend? We were told about a shuttle service but their minimum is 6 passengers.

TIA

Sue

I was just quoted by SAS for transport between a Fort Lauderdale hotel and the Port of Miami as $15. Their website did mention the minimum, but I assume that they have enough people to fill their van as the departure date gets close. I asked for transportation for one.

I was just quoted by SAS for transport between a Fort Lauderdale hotel and the Port of Miami as $15. Their website did mention the minimum, but I assume that they have enough people to fill their van as the departure date gets close. I asked for transportation for one.

Thanks for the prompt reply....did you book on-line?

Sue

Thanks for the prompt reply....did you book on-line?

Sue

Yes, I did, with Steve. I told him what time I wanted to be picked up at my hotel and that I would be taking care of my luggage for disembarking. He agreed on the pick up time and told be to call the number (he provided) when I was about to go through customs. He would then tell me where to meet the van.

$15 each way

SAS will not take you directly from one port to another port, unless they have changed since November.

We booked with Larry's Limos for about $100 including tip, taxes and everything. Very good service, and comparable to the cost of a taxi, from what we were told by locals.

Yes, I did, with Steve. I told him what time I wanted to be picked up at my hotel and that I would be taking care of my luggage for disembarking. He agreed on the pick up time and told be to call the number (he provided) when I was about to go through customs. He would then tell me where to meet the van.

$15 each way

Thank you both for taking the time to reply....I think with SAS the problem is it's port to port, what a shame as they are so inexpensive:( We will contact Larry's Limos...thank you again:)

Sue

In November SAS picked us up ($15.00 pp) as we disembarked from Century and drove us to our Hotel in Ft Lauderdale prior to our Constellation cruise.

One very upset person on board the van thought that she could have a personal ride to FLL which included her scooter for which the driver had to haul a trailer. She resented that he was waiting for the other passengers who also booked the shuttle. As she repeatedly called the dispatcher that her flight was at ll:00 am in FLL, the driver was finally called to dump her and her scooter because of her obnoxious behaviour. The driver kept her onboard because there was no other way for her to get to her flight.

I think it was great group service for transportation between the two cities and I will use SAS again. Remember however a wait time might be involved until the van is full.

Doing good. Hope you and Steve are both well and survived the horrid Christmas weather. I found Holland Limousine very reliable and wouldn't hesitate in using them again.

Phil

Phil, don't talk about the horrid Christmas weather....highlight was a trip to Hyde Park's "Winter Wonderland" with the grandkids and being caught in a blizzard....couldn't see your hand in front of your face, throw in a nose bleed, a lost car in the Park Lane underground car-park and grid-lock in Oxford Street.....Winter Wonderland my *%^*^%!;)

Sue

Archived