Best beaches - Mediterranean Cruise

With so much history on this itinerary, it wouldn't occur to me to go to the beach. I could do that at home for far less money. If you really want the beach, you'll find beaches along the Riviera. The ports would determine which beach.

Well, my best recommendation is you should drive to Kiawah or Myrtle Beach! That being said, we believe one of your ports is Mykonos where there are actually some excellent beaches. If you want a nice beach with facilities you should go to Paradise. You can get to Paradise cheaply and on your own by taking the local bus from the bus station that is located in Mykonos Town near the windmills. AS to your other ports, do not waste your time with beaches as there are few good beaches and there is so much more to see and do.

Hank

Looking at the itinerary, you have a few short port days and some ports where it would be a shame to miss the sights - unless you've already seen them.

My first choice for a beach day would be Mykonos - it's pretty easy to find a great beach there without a lot of travelling too far from the ship

Second choice would be Livorno ( if you really can give up a visit to Florence). The coastline along from there has some beautiful beaches and the fabulous Italian bagni where you rent the chair on the beach . You'd need to find a reliable taxi driver who could take you there and back within the timeframe though

Mykonos is great for the beach....Paradise Beach...

Are you stopping in Corfu?...beaches are gorgeous there!

Are you in Kusadasi all day? If so you could do Ephesus in the morning and a beach there in the afternoon..on one Princess excursion I took it actually did that...the morning at Ephesus and then lunch and pool/beach at a beautiful resort in Kusadasi. We really enjoyed that day!

And of course the Riviera....gorgeous~!

• 3 months later...
Mykonos is great for the beach....Paradise Beach...

Are you stopping in Corfu?...beaches are gorgeous there!

Are you in Kusadasi all day? If so you could do Ephesus in the morning and a beach there in the afternoon..on one Princess excursion I took it actually did that...the morning at Ephesus and then lunch and pool/beach at a beautiful resort in Kusadasi. We really enjoyed that day!

And of course the Riviera....gorgeous~!

Hi- Could you share with me which beach you went to on Corfu, and how did you get there from the ship? Thank you in advance.

Archived