Cruise Critic Community
Tiggercat

Day passes at hotels in St. Thomas

Does anyone know if any hotels in St. Thomas offer day passes to use their facility while in port for the day? We will be there in March off of the Allure and would like a great place to go to just relax for the day. It is too much work to get to St. John, so we would like to stay in St. Thomas.

The Wyndham Sugar Bay does. I think it was 30 or 40 dollars a person. Can't remember exactly.

I recently inquired about this also, was advised 65 dollars per person. Hopefully there are other hotels that do this. Diane

In april we are going to bolongo bay www.bolongobay.com. you can get a day pass for 4 people for 100$ and it comes with the use of water sports (aqua bike, kyack, hoboe cat...... and pool use .

In april we are going to bolongo bay www.bolongobay.com. you can get a day pass for 4 people for 100$ and it comes with the use of water sports (aqua bike, kyack, hoboe cat...... and pool use .

Which pier would this be closer to? Any idea how long and how much a taxi would be? Thanks for the idea; it sounds great!

Does anyone know if any hotels in St. Thomas offer day passes to use their facility while in port for the day? We will be there in March off of the Allure and would like a great place to go to just relax for the day. It is too much work to get to St. John, so we would like to stay in St. Thomas.

Have you checked with the Best Western on Emerald Beach? You will be docking at Crown Bay and it's very close.

http://www.emeraldbeach.com/

kassimer1;27589537]In april we are going to bolongo bay www.bolongobay.com. you can get a day pass for 4 people for 100$ and it comes with the use of water sports (aqua bike, kyack, hoboe cat...... and pool use .

Hi!! Just looked at their website and cannot find the day pass listed? Maybe I did not look under the right thing???Thanks

kassimer1;27589537]In april we are going to bolongo bay www.bolongobay.com. you can get a day pass for 4 people for 100$ and it comes with the use of water sports (aqua bike, kyack, hoboe cat...... and pool use .

Hi!! Just looked at their website and cannot find the day pass listed? Maybe I did not look under the right thing???Thanks

You have to call the phone # and they said you dont need to make reservations but i think its a good idea to.

Which pier would this be closer to? Any idea how long and how much a taxi would be? Thanks for the idea; it sounds great!

Im not sure how much the taxi would be but i googles it and its about 16 miles. it is at hull bay which is the bay to the left of magans bay so should cost about the same i would think, the 16 miles is from the port in charlotte amilie

Im not sure how much the taxi would be but i googles it and its about 16 miles. it is at hull bay which is the bay to the left of magans bay so should cost about the same i would think, the 16 miles is from the port in charlotte amilie

Bolongo Bay is no where near Hull Bay or Megans. Bolongo is a south shore beach about halfway to Red Hook coming from Havensite. If I only had a few hours and wanted to go to a nice beach in St Thomas Bolongo would be pretty far down the list.

Bolongo Bay is no where near Hull Bay or Megans. Bolongo is a south shore beach about halfway to Red Hook coming from Havensite. If I only had a few hours and wanted to go to a nice beach in St Thomas Bolongo would be pretty far down the list.

Well I only will have a few hours so recommendations besides that please? Thanks!! Mostly interested in a place where not ALL the cruise ships people will be and doing some snorkeling. THANKS!:)

Well I only will have a few hours so recommendations besides that please? Thanks!! Mostly interested in a place where not ALL the cruise ships people will be and doing some snorkeling. THANKS!:)

I already recommended a different location. See post #8.

I already recommended a different location. See post #8.

I concur. It's nice and it's close to Crown Bay. Not sure how crowded it gets though.

Do you know the price for day pass for Emerald Bay? it looks really close bye!

The best way to find out is to e-mail them.

The Best Western Emerald Bay website (http://www.emeraldbeach.com/watersports.htm) says "no entrance fees or day passes required" and has a list of a la carte services (e.g. $7 for a beach chair rental), but the site also looks pretty outdated (room for the day fees are from 2009).

Anyone been there recently that can confirm the prices?

Erin

The Best Western Emerald Bay website (http://www.emeraldbeach.com/watersports.htm) says "no entrance fees or day passes required" and has a list of a la carte services (e.g. $7 for a beach chair rental), but the site also looks pretty outdated (room for the day fees are from 2009).

Anyone been there recently that can confirm the prices?

Erin

:confused:I don't know what I was looking at, but I'm pretty sure it was the Best Western site, said to email for info, so I emailed at reservations@emeraldbeach.com asking about day passes. The reply said yes, $159 plus 18% tax from 10:00-3:00:eek: Maybe they thought I meant the hotel for a day.

:confused:I don't know what I was looking at, but I'm pretty sure it was the Best Western site, said to email for info, so I emailed at reservations@emeraldbeach.com asking about day passes. The reply said yes, $159 plus 18% tax from 10:00-3:00:eek: Maybe they thought I meant the hotel for a day.

I sure hope they misunderstood. Might be better to call them. This is a USVI so if you have free long distance in the U.S. wouldn't it be free to St. Thomas as well?

I just received a reply email from Best Western Emerald Bay stating that there is NO day pass fee to use the facility, including their pool. They charge rental fees for use of chairs, umbrellas, etc.

I just received a reply email from Best Western Emerald Bay stating that there is NO day pass fee to use the facility, including their pool. They charge rental fees for use of chairs, umbrellas, etc.

Thanks so much for this info. Wow, they let you use the pool too with no charge.

Do not assume that because someone is not charging a fee that means you can use the facility. Marriott doesn't charge a fee for using their pools either. They just don't allow anyone not a guest to do it.