Day passes at hotels in St. Thomas

Tiggercat

Do not assume that because someone is not charging a fee that means you can use the facility. Marriott doesn't charge a fee for using their pools either. They just don't allow anyone not a guest to do it.

I'm not assuming. I sent an email requesting a price for their day pass and their response to me was that they don't have a day pass but are happy to welcome non-guests to use their entire facility. They have an a la carte policy for things such as chairs, umbrellas, water sport equipment, etc.

I went on their website and went under activities and right in the middle it says "Visiting for the day?" and then it gives links to watersport prices, menu and rooms for the day. So yes you definitely can go there and use their facilities. The menu did not list prices.:)

Bolongo Bay is no where near Hull Bay or Megans. Bolongo is a south shore beach about halfway to Red Hook coming from Havensite. If I only had a few hours and wanted to go to a nice beach in St Thomas Bolongo would be pretty far down the list.

thats wierd cause i google napped it and ittook the nap to near hull bay- naybe its off

Checking out the website, it sounds too good to be true! Who cares what it looks like- What's the purpose of the day pass- to enjoy a pool, have beach access, and restaurant access!

I stayed at Krystal Resort in Puerto Vallarta with a Day pass on a cruise and was charged a flat rate entry fee of about $30 a person.

The rates at Emerald seem very reasonable..... Although I do hope that I can extend the hours of their "Day." 10-3" is not that much time....

If anyone goes or has been there as a Day user, would love to hear from them

thats wierd cause i google napped it and ittook the nap to near hull bay- naybe its off

Try googling IGGIES. It's the restaurant at Bolongo Bay. BTW I went to the site you posted and on their map it's right where I said it was, south shore about half way to Red Hook from the dock.

We are going to Emerald in Feb on our own. Gonna jump in a taxi and go hang out for the afternoon. Grab a bite, hang on the beach, swim a bit then head back to port. Nice quiet day for the family.

Could you please report back when you get home. I am very interested to hear what it is like. When we are in port there are 7 ships are we are hoping to get away from the crowds:eek:

Also let us know how much the cab ride cost.

Thanks!!

We did Emerald Bay..Best western last March..Took a cab there and dollar ride open air bus back to the Crown bay. No fee, not crowded. No hassle

purchased a couple of drinks at the bar and used the pool to rince off.

It is a perfect spot for the morning or afternoon. Close enough to the ship

no big panic getting back.

Have done Magan's was packed, very pretty but a long haul.

Have done Sapphire Beach, liked this much better than Magan's as it was not over crowded but a bit of a treck.

Have fun

• 4 weeks later...

Emerald Bay was GREAT for us!!!

Just got back Sunday. Got off the ship and there were plenty of people to get you to where you wanted to go. Found a nice fella in an open air taxi for all 5 of us. Had the whole taxi too ourselves. Cost $35.

Didn't talke long to arrive at the Best Western. Walked through the front door, out the back, around the corner near the pool and then WOW. What a view!!! The color of the water is what you see in pictures and on tv. Green-ish/Blue-ish and so nice.

Found a nice spot on the beach, feet from the water and bar. Went right in the water for a while then up to have a drink and lunch. Food was good. Loved my burger.

Back to the ship. Headed back out front where numerous taxi's were waiting to take us back. Jumped in and right back to Havensight mall to shop.

Was a nice relaxing day. Would do it again.

Enjoy

Tony

We did Sapphire Beach on 2/15. As always the beach and water was amazingly beautiful. The shame is that the resort is so run down. The restrooms weren't great but not as bad as I expected. You could rent floats, not sure how much. $7.pp to rent chairs. Taxi was $10. pp each way.

That said, the beach was so crowded, I was shocked! They have resorted to bringing tours in to use the beach. It was so crowded that I had to actually step over beach towels to get off the beach to leave. Wall to wall people. There were 6 or 7 ships in that day so I'm guessing everyplace was crowded. I heard Magen's Bay was just as bad.

We are going to St. Thomas again in Dec. and really want to find a beautiful less crowded beach.

We did Sapphire Beach on 2/15. As always the beach and water was amazingly beautiful. The shame is that the resort is so run down. The restrooms weren't great but not as bad as I expected. You could rent floats, not sure how much. $7.pp to rent chairs. Taxi was $10. pp each way.

That said, the beach was so crowded, I was shocked! They have resorted to bringing tours in to use the beach. It was so crowded that I had to actually step over beach towels to get off the beach to leave. Wall to wall people. There were 6 or 7 ships in that day so I'm guessing everyplace was crowded. I heard Magen's Bay was just as bad.

We are going to St. Thomas again in Dec. and really want to find a beautiful less crowded beach.

Yup, last year Sunny (Sunny Liston Tours) was pushing Sapphire more than Magen's. We did Magen's because we've heard so much about it, it was so crowded and we didn't really enjoy ourselves. Then when we went to pick up members of our group who went to Sapphire, we loved the beach there more when we went in to take a peek. We said we'd try it next time. Well next time is in a few weeks but I've been reading too many stories about the poor facilities/restrooms there, and that's one thing I can't stomach. We're going to try Emerald Beach Resort about 10-15mins drive from the Havensight dock.

Yup, last year Sunny (Sunny Liston Tours) was pushing Sapphire more than Magen's. We did Magen's because we've heard so much about it, it was so crowded and we didn't really enjoy ourselves. Then when we went to pick up members of our group who went to Sapphire, we loved the beach there more when we went in to take a peek. We said we'd try it next time. Well next time is in a few weeks but I've been reading too many stories about the poor facilities/restrooms there, and that's one thing I can't stomach. We're going to try Emerald Beach Resort about 10-15mins drive from the Havensight dock.

I am thinking of doing Emerald BAy in May....please let me know your thoughts when you return.....Happy cruising

I sure would appreciate hearing your take on Emerald Beach Resort, considering you have seen Sapphire and know what I'm comparing with. Thanks a bunch!

I sure would appreciate hearing your take on Emerald Beach Resort, considering you have seen Sapphire and know what I'm comparing with. Thanks a bunch!

Sure! I'll take pics. When I get back I'm usually a big grump and don't like coming in here seeing other people getting ready for their cruises (I know, I'm a big baby:p), but I'll come in and let you know ;)

Sure! I'll take pics. When I get back I'm usually a big grump and don't like coming in here seeing other people getting ready for their cruises (I know, I'm a big baby:p), but I'll come in and let you know ;)

Thank you! Have a great cruise!

We went to Emerald Beach on our crusie in August and are going again in April. We grabbed a van right when we got off the ship and arranged for the driver to come back and get us at 4PM.

The beach was very nice, calm water. We rented two chairs and an umbrella. We were able to use the restrooms which were very clean. There is a nice bar wher we had drinks and ordered a burger and a pizza (pricey, but good).

The beach wasn't crowded at at all and truly was a perfect setting and a great day!

We went to Emerald Beach on our crusie in August and are going again in April. We grabbed a van right when we got off the ship and arranged for the driver to come back and get us at 4PM.

The beach was very nice, calm water. We rented two chairs and an umbrella. We were able to use the restrooms which were very clean. There is a nice bar wher we had drinks and ordered a burger and a pizza (pricey, but good).

The beach wasn't crowded at at all and truly was a perfect setting and a great day!

Can't wait! How much did the van cost you?

Archived