Cool Breeze Cruiser

Elation 1/15/11-1/20/11

We're from lower Arkansas. It was nice to go on a cruise where people spoke proper english without a funny accent.;)

It was great meeting you & Christy. Wish we had found time to hang out more. J.R. & I choose to be around positive upbeat people & you fit that bill!

Glad you found Pablo in Progreso. I thought about trying to contact him before the cruise. The seaweed could have put a damper on Progreso but we had a great day there! Gosh it reeked by the pier though!

We went to Mr. Sanchos in Cozumel & had an INCREDIBLE day there. I will post about it tomorrow.

We are in Gatlinburg for a conference. Hard to believe we were enjoying the Caribbean last week & now we are here expecting major snow!

Juli

Hi :

I just wanted to say I was on the Carnival Elation for the same cruise on January 15th and just wanted to add a couple of comments.

1st , I'm so sorry I didn't get to meet everyone on here that was on board, Juli I live just down the road from you in Murfreesboro, TN.

I drove down that Friday and it was great going from snow to no-snow the further you drove south on I-65.

I had booked a room via priceline.com and ended up staying at the Holiday Inn Downtown Mobile, I only paid $66 and it was an older high rise hotel, but the room was recently remodeled and was very nice.

I parked at the pier in the parking garage ($75), I like being able to get off the ship and into the car quickly when it's time to drive home. I pulled out of the parking garage at 8:26am on Thursday.

This was my 17th cruise, my 11th on Carnival, but my 1st on a "Fantasy Class" ship. I would like to say that the cruise was just great. Progreso was a lot of fun and was great to visit, it was like going back in time. The Carnival Pier in Cozumel has so much to do that if you didn't want to you wouldn't have to leave to see anything else in downtown Cozumel.

I took my brother, it was his 1st cruise, we had a great time. I would highly recommend this cruise to anyone that has never cruised before or that has cruised many times. The ship is well maintained and the staff is just outstanding! Carnival does an excellent job with this 5 night cruise. :)

Matt

Hi :

I just wanted to say I was on the Carnival Elation for the same cruise on January 15th and just wanted to add a couple of comments.

1st , I'm so sorry I didn't get to meet everyone on here that was on board, Juli I live just down the road from you in Murfreesboro, TN.

I drove down that Friday and it was great going from snow to no-snow the further you drove south on I-65.

I had booked a room via priceline.com and ended up staying at the Holiday Inn Downtown Mobile, I only paid $66 and it was an older high rise hotel, but the room was recently remodeled and was very nice.

I parked at the pier in the parking garage ($75), I like being able to get off the ship and into the car quickly when it's time to drive home. I pulled out of the parking garage at 8:26am on Thursday.

This was my 17th cruise, my 11th on Carnival, but my 1st on a "Fantasy Class" ship. I would like to say that the cruise was just great. Progreso was a lot of fun and was great to visit, it was like going back in time. The Carnival Pier in Cozumel has so much to do that if you didn't want to you wouldn't have to leave to see anything else in downtown Cozumel.

I took my brother, it was his 1st cruise, we had a great time. I would highly recommend this cruise to anyone that has never cruised before or that has cruised many times. The ship is well maintained and the staff is just outstanding! Carnival does an excellent job with this 5 night cruise. :)

Matt

Glad you had a good time too. Sorry we didn't get to meet. We should have held a Meet & Greet. We met ouachita at the hotel before the cruise while I was on the hotel computer on CC trying to find out about the propulsion problems from the week before & I recognized mfeenker from his pic on the roll call board & we actually ended up sharing the same dinner table & had a great time.

Cozumel

There are so many things to choose from in Cozumel that even though we have been there several times it is hard to decide what to do. We decided to go to Mr. Sanchos because I had researched it for my daughters cruise back in September & she loved it there & actually got engaged while horseback riding on the beach.

We got off the ship about 9:30 & caught a cab ($15 one way for up to 4 people) to Mr. Sanchos. We were some of the 1st people there. Mr. Sanchos is nice & the restrooms are clean!

You have the option of paying as you go or doing the all-inclusive. We chose the all-inclusive. It is $50 for unlimited food (except lobster) & drinks or $45 if you book online & pay a $5 deposit. It also includes ocean kayaks & snorkeling equipment. There are lockers available for a $10 deposit. The center section at Mr. Sanchos is reserved for all-inclusives & you get a table with an umbrella & lounge chairs. The service was incredible! We had a wonderful waiter, Roman, that made sure we had everything we could possible want. Very friendly staff!

We sampled MANY of the frozen drinks (the Dirty Monkey was our favorite), beer & a couple of tequila shots. What happens in Mexico stays in Mexico right?

We ordered chips & salsa, guacamole (my DH said it was the best he had ever eaten), chicken nachos, chicken fajitas, coconut shrimp & Caribbean fries. All of it was DELICIOUS! Wish I had some of the fajitas right now!

There is so much to do at Mr. Sanchos. There is an infinity pool (kind of small though) & they have just built a nice pool with a swim up bar (it was not really finished yet though but will be nice). They have swings & hammocks. You can rent ATV's, horseback riding, camel rides (yes, I really said camels), para-sailing, banana boats, jet-skis, get massages (a lady sitting next to us raved about how great it was), get henna tattoos, hair braiding, etc.

We went para-sailing & it was WONDERFUL! I am scared of heights but I loved it. My DH & I got to go up together & it was one of the highlights of our trip! We paid $55 each for about 15 minutes after we talked them down from $65. The boat ride out was fun too!

There is an aquatic park at Mr. Sanchos that is an additional $12 each but has great slides & climbing walls & things. Not sure how to describe it. We didn't do it but it looked like fun. The water was a little chilly though.

There is a little craft market as you go into Mr. Sanchos. Definitely bargain. My DH asked about a cap & was told $15, then $12, then as we were leaving the guy asked $8! We found great prices for vanilla & meant to go back & buy some but forgot. There is one shop there that I was really impressed with. The man makes jewelry & trinkets out of coral. What a craftsman! He is very interesting to talk to & not pushy at all. I ended up buying a beautiful coral & freshwater pearl bracelet.

To the left of Mr. Sanchos is a long stretch of deserted beach that we took a long walk down. Even though there were a lot of people at Sancho's it did not feel crowded especially in the AI section.

There were plenty of cabs lined up waiting to take us back. It was $15 for up to 4 people. be sure to have the right change or most of the cab drivers will tell you they only have pesos for change.

What a great day we had at Mr. Sanchos! We definitely got our money's worth! We stayed longer than we meant to & got back to the ship right as the 1st horn was blowing!

Juli

Mr. Sanchos in Cozumel

Great food!!!

ElationCruise228.jpg?t=1296059734

Chips & salsa & guacamole

ElationCruise215.jpg?t=1296059900

The drink menu (sorry I didn't take one of the food menu, guess you see where my priorities were)

ElationCruise214.jpg?t=1296060029

To the right of Mr. Sancho's

ElationCruise213.jpg?t=1296060135

To the left of Mr. Sanchos

ElationCruise223.jpg?t=1296060300

More Mr. Sanchos Pics

Looks like we have our own private beach!

ElationCruise221.jpg?t=1296066641

Mr. Sanchos

ElationCruise211.jpg?t=1296066761

You can rent horses.

ElationCruise210.jpg?t=1296066891

Swinging the day away!

ElationCruise208.jpg?t=1296067025

The little shop where I bought my coral bracelet

ElationCruise261.jpg?t=1296067158

Parasailing at Mr. Sanchos

The boat ride out

ElationCruise231.jpg?t=1296067399

Getting strapped in

ElationCruise235.jpg?t=1296067458

My heart was pounding! Put me on a 1000 pound bucking horse but I am scared of heights!

ElationCruise236.jpg?t=1296067531

Here we go!

ElationCruise237.jpg?t=1296067639

What a view!

ElationCruise239.jpg?t=1296067739

Parasailing was so much fun! We try to do something different on every cruise. A couple we met on the cruise went too & took pics of us parasailing. I wish I had taken my other camera too so we could have taken pics from the air. It was gorgeous up there!

Can't wait for our cruise (16 days)! I had to take my husband out to lunch today at our favorite Mexican restaurant.

Parasailing is on my bucketlist, I hope that I can get up enough nerve when we cruise in October.

Wonderful review! Thanks again for all the information..

Can't wait for our cruise (16 days)! I had to take my husband out to lunch today at our favorite Mexican restaurant.

Parasailing is on my bucketlist, I hope that I can get up enough nerve when we cruise in October.

Wonderful review! Thanks again for all the information..

Para-sailing was such a wonderful experience. If I can do it anybody can! I hate heights & could never go ski-diving but the water is under you when you para-sail & the para-sail would float you to the water. At least that is how I rationalized it to convince myself to go up. Once I was up there I never thought about the height. I was to in awe of how amazing it was!

Hope you have a great cruise!

Juli

The Elation is the easiest ship we have ever been on to navigate. It is a smaller ship than we have been on in awhile but never felt crowded.

Pat at the Drama Bar is really good!

ElationCruise2011057.jpg?t=1296137833

Don't remember our waiters names but they were excellent!

ElationCruise2011068.jpg?t=1296137997

One of my favorite sights!

ElationCruise2011044.jpg?t=1296140747

Makes me want to go back!

ElationCruise2011048.jpg?t=1296140747

No review can be complete without a picture of a towel animal!

ElationCruise2011036.jpg?t=1296140747

Cabin M76 was in a great location

ElationCruise2011071.jpg?t=1296140951

Saying goodbye to our cabin (I can't seem to get a pic of the whole cabin)!

ElationCruise2011072.jpg?t=1296141036

We did the self disembark & we were off the ship & standing outside by 7:30! They called us by decks & we were in the 2nd group. We could have been a few minutes earlier but I wasn't ready. I really didn't believe they would call for us so soon so I didn't get up until 6:30!

We called the Microtel to pick us up after we went through customs & they were there in just a few minutes. I was so impressed with the driver. Great guy. My DH was very appreciative of the coffee he brought (he even had cream & sugar) since we didn't get up in time for him to get any.

We were back in our car & headed towards Lebanon by 8:15! It is still hard to believe how fast the week went by!

One more note about Cozumel. The cruise staff always stresses not to rent scooters & we never have or would. I grew up riding motorcycles but would never try to drive in Cozumel.

A young couple from our cruise had a bad scooter wreck in Coz & got pretty scraped up. The boy said they tried to take them to the hospital but he was afraid they might miss the ship & wasn't sure their insurance would cover them in Cozumel. They were pretty shaken up & said they will never rent scooters again!

One more note about Cozumel. The cruise staff always stresses not to rent scooters & we never have or would. I grew up riding motorcycles but would never try to drive in Cozumel.

A young couple from our cruise had a bad scooter wreck in Coz & got pretty scraped up. The boy said they tried to take them to the hospital but he was afraid they might miss the ship & wasn't sure their insurance would cover them in Cozumel. They were pretty shaken up & said they will never rent scooters again!

They were correct on the insurance. They would have had to pay upfront to be treated. Another reason to take out trip insurance. You still have to pay upfront but are reimbursed after you get back.

Also what they had to pay in damages to the scooter is going to be shocking enough. They are lucky they did not have to go to the police station which is standard procedure in Mexico for a traffic accident. (criminal offense) Statements are taken and a hearing is held that day. Any damages/fines must be paid before they will release you.

Dave

We went parasailing at Paradise Beach. Just awesome. The view was just gorgeous. I could see ships in the distance. I went solo. DDs went tandum.

They were correct on the insurance. They would have had to pay upfront to be treated. Another reason to take out trip insurance. You still have to pay upfront but are reimbursed after you get back.

Also what they had to pay in damages to the scooter is going to be shocking enough. They are lucky they did not have to go to the police station which is standard procedure in Mexico for a traffic accident. (criminal offense) Statements are taken and a hearing is held that day. Any damages/fines must be paid before they will release you.

Dave

They were just college kids & besides being pretty scraped up I am sure they were scared to death & probably did not have a lot of money (or credit) between them. They were very lucky it was not worse than it was! Juli

We're from lower Arkansas. It was nice to go on a cruise where people spoke proper english without a funny accent.;)

Is there a "Like" button for this?

Being from Louisiana, everyone feels free to make a comment about my accent. I speak normal.. YOU have the accent. lol.;)

I'll be on the 3/12 cruise as well! This will be our (Me, DH and son, 7) first cruise so we are pretty excited.

Progresso we are booked for the Discover Mayan Ruins tour through Carnival. For Cozumel we are headed to Paradise Beach.

Can't wait!!:D:D:D

Oh, and for some reason I am craving some nachos and a Strawberry Dacquari after reading this thread!

Edited by Tooty