Platinum~Emerald~Diamond~Diamond Plus~Pinnacle Balcony Discounts as of Jan. 21, 2011

Does anyone know - I am on a Celebrity cruise in 3 weeks. I want to book an RCL cruise - do I get the OBC and balcony discount if I book on Celebrity?

If not, I can wait until June when I am on Enchantment OTS. The cruise I'm looking at is more than 6 months from June.

Does anyone know - I am on a Celebrity cruise in 3 weeks. I want to book an RCL cruise - do I get the OBC and balcony discount if I book on Celebrity?

If not, I can wait until June when I am on Enchantment OTS. The cruise I'm looking at is more than 6 months from June.

Yes you will.

You can book either a specific cruise or a NextCruise.........just make sure that the folks on Celebrity know you want to book a cruise on RCI.

Edited by cruisenfever

Yes, that's the only way to get two benefits.

Patti-We booked a cruise while on the Voyager Dec. 8th, 2010. I just recently used that onboard reservation to book on the Mariner with the $100 balcony discount. When I read the reservation there was no on board credit. Called a RCI rep and she told me you can't have both. I thought they told us on board we Would get both so I thought maybe I misheard that. So I guess I'll call again and hope someone else answers?

Thanks

Patti-We booked a cruise while on the Voyager Dec. 8th, 2010. I just recently used that onboard reservation to book on the Mariner with the $100 balcony discount. When I read the reservation there was no on board credit. Called a RCI rep and she told me you can't have both. I thought they told us on board we Would get both so I thought maybe I misheard that. So I guess I'll call again and hope someone else answers?

Thanks

Did you get a Confirmation Invoice from RCI? If you did, look on the left hand side under "Booking Charges". Is there a code that reads AD17-$$$ ONBRDCR (the number after AD might be different....substitue your OBC for the $$$)? If there is, you've had the OBC applied.

If not then call back as you are most definitely entitled to both the balcony discount and the OBC for booking on board.

Edited by cruisenfever

Thanks Patti-

Just checked-do not have that under booking charges. The only minus item in that column is called HAUP SAVINGS (-$100.00). I'm assuming that is the balcony discount.

I will call right now-Thank you for helping us get $100.00!

Thanks Patti-

Just checked-do not have that under booking charges. The only minus item in that column is called HAUP SAVINGS (-$100.00). I'm assuming that is the balcony discount.

I will call right now-Thank you for helping us get $100.00!

Yes that is the code for the balcony discount. Let us know what they say after you call.

Just got off the phone with a rep that was extremely helpful. She agreed we should get both because that rule was changed (for the better) in May of 2010. She is emailing me our new booking confirmation with the onboard credit AND the balcony discount. YeaH!!!!!!!!!!!

Just got off the phone with a rep that was extremely helpful. She agreed we should get both because that rule was changed (for the better) in May of 2010. She is emailing me our new booking confirmation with the onboard credit AND the balcony discount. YeaH!!!!!!!!!!!

Got it.

Read it.

Thanks!

YEAH!!!!!!!! Another satisfied customer!!

Edited by cruisenfever

No. And if you didn't know they ask for double the usual deposit (I didn't know that had happened until I booked my last suite) per person.

Susan :)

The double deposit is for GS cabins and above. They've been doing the double deposit thing for over a year now.

No. And if you didn't know they ask for double the usual deposit (I didn't know that had happened until I booked my last suite) per person.

Only for GS and above.

Edit: GMTA. :)

Edited by Merion_Mom

The double deposit is for GS cabins and above. They've been doing the double deposit thing for over a year now.

Since we usually book so far out (current cruise was booked 18 months out and because we want a specific cabin) it had been a while since I had booked and didn't know the new policy had come into place.

So they're getting a bit of a float on my money, but I got the cabin I wanted, so that's the price we pay :D

Am I wrong or did I read the tables correctly that once you get to Emerald, the Savings Cerificates are fairly useless?

Only if you book a balcony cabin and take the balcony discount. If you book an inside or oceanview, then the savings certificates can be used in combination with the on board credit.

Since we usually book so far out (current cruise was booked 18 months out and because we want a specific cabin) it had been a while since I had booked and didn't know the new policy had come into place.

So they're getting a bit of a float on my money, but I got the cabin I wanted, so that's the price we pay :D

Susan, I believe that the main reason they ask for a double deposit on a suite is because they want only those that are serious about booking and will keep the booking. Too many folks would book suites and then days before final payment cancel.

We always book the cabin we want when bookings open like you. Gosh, our upcoming cruises on Radiance this September we booked on April 16, 2010. And we got the same cabin for all three legs.

Susan, I believe that the main reason they ask for a double deposit on a suite is because they want only those that are serious about booking and will keep the booking. Too many folks would book suites and then days before final payment cancel.

We always book the cabin we want when bookings open like you. Gosh, our upcoming cruises on Radiance this September we booked on April 16, 2010. And we got the same cabin for all three legs.

BIG cruises call for BIG plans!

Oh, how I wish I could go with you!

I think you're right on the money in regards to them losing on the suites. Because there wouldn't be any out there and then people would drop and then they wouldn't sell and they'd have to discount. Think that's how Mom and I got an Illinois Discount (or military) can't remember which and got the RFS on the 2009 Radiance repositioning.

We booked the 2011 Jewel repos in April so I got get a GS the day bookings opened. Gave the TA 4 choices and with everyone in line with me, I got our 3 choice. And as of right now on this cruise there are no suites, no D1s, no D2, E2 or E3s. We're thinking that their is an agency out there marketing it and that things may show up once it gets closer.

So are you starting in Seward or is it Vancouver to Honolulu and then eventually to Australia?