"LIVE" From The ALLURE Of The SEAS 3-30 January 2011

Thanks all for posting the webcam links. We were on the Serenade just 8 days ago, but looking out the window at 3+ feet of snow on the ground, and 2 degrees on the thermometer, it feels like a lifetime ago!

Looking forward to this week's Virtual Cruise!!!:)

It is time to close down the Command Center here at the lovely Red Roof In, pack up, and head for the Port.

My next post will be from onboard the Allure of the Seas. Either late this afternoon or this evening.

See you then...

We're all SO excited!! Safe travels Trainman :)

I have cleared my calender this week and plan on taking the journey right along with trainman and radio... the next best thing to really being on a cruise is having the pleasure of being invited along via "LIVE FROM"

thank you both Trainman and Radio!!

found this article this morning

http://www.denverpost.com/travel/ci_17149682?source=pkg

I went to the Park Café for a pre-lunch today. (Radio had referred to the steak sandwiches as small) I planned to go the the Windjammer afterwords but I never made it. Too much food at the Café.

I ran into two CC Members who recognized me from my beads. We hat a great lunch together.

The steak sandwich was small but excellent! So was the Potato Leak Soup!

DSCN1306.jpg

I also had the Waldorf Salad but I didn't like it. It was sour! It was made using green apples.

The desert was excellent! I should have gotten a bunch of them to go!

DSCN1307.jpg

Arrival and check in was really smooth except for one minor problem.

A Sheriff's Deputy told me when I arrived at 9:55 am that they were not loading passengers yet and to come back in an hour.

Having sailed on the Oasis last January, I knew he was wrong so I went into the parking lot and found a Handicapped space close to the terminal.

I figured out that I could tuck my single suit case inside my walker and push the whole thing along with minimal problems.

I found an attendant and handed over the suitcase and then proceeded to the check in area.

Check in took maybe 5 minutes including waiting and then I hung out in the waiting area. Just after 11 am they started boarding and in a few minutes was on the ship.

Archived