"LIVE" From The ALLURE Of The SEAS 3-30 January 2011

Oh shoot. I had the Allure on the webcam and something glitched and I lost the connection just as they were ready to sail out.

Trainman, enjoy your cruise. Looking forward to your fantastic live feeds. I see that there is potential for you and Radio to sail together some day. That would be so cool. The two top live feed guys sailing together.

Looking forward to your posts and pics.

Muriel

Hi Trainman; just saw a close up of you waving from your balcony.:D Really do enjoy reading you and Radio when you cruise. Have a great time and enjoy this amazing ship.

While people are shouting out to "neighbors"... HI!!!! (we live in between Anderson and Greenville)

Looking forward to "stalking" Trainman and Radio's live threads this week!

Trainman,

I was watching you all sail off on the webcam and I could have sworn I saw you at sail a way on a balcony. Did you have a red shirt on and were waving to the shore? If so, the camera caught you!! If not then someone looks like you on board

I was thinking the same thing!!

The Gala Mustard Drill today was the worst I have ever attended!

It was Freezing!

If I had had a stack of $3.99 Walmart Sweat Shirts, I could have sold them for $100 each.

The sun went behind some dark clouds and it was windy at the Aqua Theater which was my Mustard Station.

DSCN1371.jpg

DSCN1375.jpg

Even the kids, who normally don't worry about being cold, were trying to stay warm.

DSCN1380.jpg

Dinner tonight in the MDR was excellent!

I had the Fillet of Beef which is one of RCI's consistently good offerings.

DSCN1385.jpg

I am at a table for 6 but only one other couple showed up. Math experts will easily be able to figure out that there were three empty seats at the table.

I was going to ask the Waiter to have a cheese and fruit tray for us each night when we arrived but the table was so small that there was no room for them.

Our waiter is fantastic and brought some extra main courses and deserts for us to try out and share which was really nice.

The Allure has a noticeable roll tonight.

I could not hear/understand all of the Captains announcement at the end of the Gala Mustard Drill today but I did pick up on the words ...we will be using the stabilizers tonight... so apparently we are sailing into some large swells.

I could not notice any large or unusual wave patterns from my balcony in the dark but I am facing the bow as I sit here typing and swaying to the left and right.

One more thing from the Gala Mustard Drill...

After the recorded announcement finished, we were waiting for the Captain to speak to us.

There was both a port and a starboard exit from the Aqua Theater. The port exit was open and people started streaming out without waiting for the Captain's comments. Two crew members did their job correctly, and took a lot of "heat" from the passengers, by blocking the Starboard exit. They told everyone that nobody could leave until the Captain dismissed us. And of course, everyone said "How come they get to leave over there?"

DSCN1381.jpg

Remember it was really cold and very few were dressed appropriately.

I am quitting for the night folks.

I missed my nap today.

On a side note - I had a nylon zip-closed bag of sorts with me when I went through security this morning. It was riding on the seat of my walker. I picked it up, set it on the conveyer to go through the X-Ray machine and re-loaded it when it came out the other side. Nobody said a word about it.

When I got to my cabin and opened it up, there were four six packs of Diet Right Cola (my favorite) inside. AMAZING!

I missed my nap today.

On a side note - I had a nylon zip-closed bag of sorts with me when I went through security this morning. It was riding on the seat of my walker. I picked it up, set it on the conveyer to go through the X-Ray machine and re-loaded it when it came out the other side. Nobody said a word about it.

When I got to my cabin and opened it up, there were four six packs of Diet Right Cola (my favorite) inside. AMAZING!

Trainman, Get a good nights rest. Thanks for taking us along with you. Looking forward to more posts and pictures tomorrow.

I had a nylon zip-closed bag of sorts with me when I went through security this morning. It was riding on the seat of my walker. I picked it up, set it on the conveyer to go through the X-Ray machine and re-loaded it when it came out the other side. Nobody said a word about it.

Obviously RCL knows that you are a Very Important Person. Enjoy your soda. You deserve it.

Please change 3-30 Jan to 23-30 Jan in the title

Hello Everyone,

I am coming to you from the Beautiful Red Roof Inn in West Palm Beach, FL.

I woke up early this morning and stomped around the house until just before 9 am. I loaded up my two Weiner Dogs, dropped them off at Pet Paradise, and headed south.

The trip started off with a loud "CONK" when I conked my forehead on the corner of the hatch of my Corvette. So now I have a big band aid on my forehead. I am taking so many blood thinners that it is hard to stop any bleeding at all. Luckily I carry First Aid stuff and I stopped in the first rest area and fixed myself up.

I had a good trip down, on I-95 all of the way with only one stop at a McDonald's for a rest break and lunch.

I was disappointed in my Corvette's gas mileage. This is the first long trip in it and I only got 30 mpg. I guess the reason is that most of the time I was unable to use my cruise control due to heavy traffic and a bunch of crazy people on the road with me. I had hoped for 34-35 mpg but you can only get that high on cruise control.

South Florida is well known for crazy drivers!

My hotel is about one hour from the Port so I plan to leave tomorrow morning about 9 am and should be at the port by 10 am, unloaded and inside the Terminal by 10:30 am.

If my Table Mates approve, I am going to try to get photos of the MDR Dinner selections this time.

I am also going to hit the MDR Lunch for sure this time at least once. I have heard so many good things about the salad bar there.

Wonderful!!!! And room service too please!!!! And some snack stations!!!!!

Archived