Best snorkeling ever!!!

Minoushka

Take water taxei ...short walk from pier ..go to KLEIN bonaire .WAlk to end of island swim over shallowere reef to drop Drift back slowly

It is a wondrous sight Looks like cathedrals .Met very BIG friendly angekl fish ...black and yellow with big yellow eyes Came right up to say hello WONDERFUL experience!!!I loved it

Wish I could have stayed longer

BONAIRE IS THE BEST I shall return!!!!

Michele

:) :) :)

Can we just leave the ship, get to the water taxi, and rent snorkel equipment to snorkel at klein bonaire? Where is the best place to rent the snorkel equipment? Also, is there a set time for the water taxi departures and returns? Where can I find additional information on snorkeling Bonaire?

No there is NOTHING on Klein Bonaire no facilities or amenities

.You must have equipment The water taxi i to the left a few minutes walk.ASK they will direct you

I believe it runs every hour WE paid 20$ return BRING WATER shoes or wear fins lots of coral or rocksKeep your ticket to be collected on return segment

If you plan to snorkel elsewhere buy your own equipment Make sure it fits right

It truly is a wondrous experience and I have snorkeled in many places

Enjoy

Michele

Go to a dive shop Snorkeling stuff is not that expensive Even try Costco

Better have your own because renting will be costly in the long run if you go 2or 3 times Renting is about 15-20$ Buying will be around 50$ Trust me you will get hooked ,All my friends did after I taught them how We reunited after 2 years apart and snorkeled EVERYWHERE WE loved it

Fill up a bottle with half BABY shampoo half water to clean your mask ...prevents fogging WE all used mine GREAT STUFF Spray in and out of mask shmear and rinse with sea water

Champagne Reef is a HOOTin Dominica so is Coki Beach in St Thomas but for me BONAIRE was HEAVENLY WOW Just swim over shallow coral then go to where the coral dropsThe water is deeper WHAT A SIGHT!!!! Big fish multicoloured

It looked like Gothic Cathedrals full of sealife When you want to see fish ..spread arms and legs DO nOt Splash and WATCH all the fish come out COLOURS are AMAZING ONe BIG Angel fish came right up to Check me out ..What a beauty!!I felt a connection

You will love this place ....WAIL I WANT TO GO BACK !!!! I HATE THE COLD AND SNOW It is - 20 +++ degrees Give me the Caribbean anyday

ENJOY

michele

We just got back from our Southern Caribbean cruise. Our two favorite islands are Bonaire and Aruba. I prefer Bonaire for snorkeling. Klein Bonaire was awesome. This was our second time to the uninhabited island. Two years ago, we went in the morning and drift snorkeled in fairly calm waters. Last week, we arrived in the early afternoon and the water was a bit rough. It was interesting to see how the time of day changes the current.

On our Princess excursion on the Water Taxi, they offered snorkeling gear rental.

We bring our own snorkel gear as we snorkel in most of the ports we visit.

I've posted pictures of the snorkeling in Bonaire on my blog: 2BCruising.blogspot.com or click on my link below.

Thanks for the suggestion about buying snorkel equipment. Just bought the 3 of us snorkel sets and we are ready to go. Have snorkeled before but never thought to get our own! Silly me! -40 windchill here....ready to go!

I promise you will love Bonaire and get hooked on snorkeling

Bon Voyage

Enjoy the HEAT while we dig out yet again and freeze our tootsies!!!

Michele

There is NOTHING on the beach .We left our stuff on the beach but nothing really valuable.I f you must get a waterproof pouch for essentials .The only ones on the island were other snorkelers .we had No problems ...a few crabs too.

Yes it is 20$ pp return. Keep your ticket for return when they collect them

Facing the sea walk to your right ...a good distance Swim Over the reef in shallows swim out when you think youv'e gone far enough turn around a drift back To get back to shore find a space in the coral formation

/In Bonaire the formation looks like GothicCathedrals absolutely Fabulous

You will love the experience

Remember to stop and look You would be amazed at allthe creatures that come out Keep splashing to minimum

We saw some REAL beauties

ENJOY

You will not want to leave the water We stayed In for over an hour!@!!!

Michele

• 2 weeks later...

This was my plan for Bonaire, so I am glad to hear you had a great time. Did you have any concern over the return of the water taxi? I have heard some people worry about not getting picked back up?

Was the water taxi hard to find from the ship, or is it easy to ask directions when you get off?

We just got back from our Southern Caribbean cruise. Our two favorite islands are Bonaire and Aruba. I prefer Bonaire for snorkeling. Klein Bonaire was awesome. This was our second time to the uninhabited island. Two years ago, we went in the morning and drift snorkeled in fairly calm waters. Last week, we arrived in the early afternoon and the water was a bit rough. It was interesting to see how the time of day changes the current.

On our Princess excursion on the Water Taxi, they offered snorkeling gear rental.

We bring our own snorkel gear as we snorkel in most of the ports we visit.

I've posted pictures of the snorkeling in Bonaire on my blog: 2BCruising.blogspot.com or click on my link below.

:)Thank you so much for sharing your beautiful photos! Wow, I was looking at those excursions and wondering what to do, now I know...Thanks again..

• 6 months later...

So glad to see this thread. We are planning a cruise to Southern Caribbean in November and wondered where the best snorkeling would be on this cruise. We prefer to snorkel from beach, so this sounds ideal.

Beautiful pictures, 2Bcruising! Thanks for sharing.

Always snorkel in my soft lenses. Never had a problem. Bonaire is wonderful. Will be there again in March.

I bought perscription mask a few years ago for about $100 along with a cool head strap to protect my hair. That way I don't have to worry about glasses or contacts.

• 2 weeks later...

We took the Princess water taxi Beach and Snorkel trip in Bonaire today!! Awesome snorkel.. I've snorkeled a lot in the Caribbean and this is my favorite snorkel trip ever!!! Normally I love the Catamaran trips but this is the BEST ever!!! We had an angel fish come right up and look in our masks also...she was beautiful!! Was about 12 inches from my mask!! Looking right into my eyes! Just AWESOME!!!

We took the Princess water taxi Beach and Snorkel trip in Bonaire today!! Awesome snorkel.. I've snorkeled a lot in the Caribbean and this is my favorite snorkel trip ever!!! Normally I love the Catamaran trips but this is the BEST ever!!! We had an angel fish come right up and look in our masks also...she was beautiful!! Was about 12 inches from my mask!! Looking right into my eyes! Just AWESOME!!!

I wonder if it was the same big guy who came right up tome Big black and yellow with yellow eyes WHAT A BEAUTY and friendly too

Archived