Sign in to follow this  
mamatrouble

Obstructed view cabin on Fantasy

I cant think of any obstructed cabins on Fantasy class. Could you be a little more specific?

Could you perhaps be thinking of PTs, with port holes? sorry, I dont think there are any obstructed cabins

The only obstructed view cabins on Fantasy Class are the Cat. 11 suites on Verandah deck. There are six with a lovely view of a lifeboat. EM

The only obstructed view cabins on Fantasy Class are the Cat. 11 suites on Verandah deck. There are six with a lovely view of a lifeboat. EM

And you can't even sit on the balcony without your knees touching the rails...Never again, big time ripoff cabin for the price....Been there done that once....

Yea , they r a suite, sorry! I looked at the rooms & don't think I would happy with a window only. Have always had a bigger room & a balcony. Just wondering if anyone stayed in one? Thx!

Yea , they r a suite, sorry! I looked at the rooms & don't think I would happy with a window only. Have always had a bigger room & a balcony. Just wondering if anyone stayed in one? Thx!

I stayed in one of the ones that was non-obstructed view and I can tell you right now those were not worth the money so the obstrucred view would really not be worth it. As I said in my previous post My knees sitting in a plastic deck chair touched the railing. Also these cabins are not over the water but have decks extending out below them....

Don't waste your money. Get an OV and go up on deck for the view....

By the way, the cabin is the same size as an OV just a different layout....

Also Carn-evils wording on the cabin is very misleading...They are "not" a suite. They are a regular small balcony cabin on any other ship in the fleet....

Edited by jessemon

Adrianna073.jpg

Adrianna070.jpg

Adrianna078.jpg

V27...worst cabin I ever had...wish I didn't pay the extra for it...wasn't worth it.

Looking at these cabins as they are cheaper..Has anyone stayed in one and how bad is the obstruction?

I really enjoyed this cabin...V21

2131550920063368414bZGugL

Looking at these cabins as they are cheaper..Has anyone stayed in one and how bad is the obstruction?

I really enjoyed this cabin...V21. Sorry for the small photo.

I really enjoyed this cabin...V21.

We love the Verandah obstructed view suites. The price is cheaper because the view is partially obstructed, you get on and off the ship first because you're in a suite and best of all, there's never a crowd making noise in this area because it's in the front of the ship just below the gym and there's much less foot traffic up there. I will however mention that we had cabin V-5 on a previous cruise and we heard one of the weight machines from the gym all day long. Carnival gave us a refund check as well as 15% off a future cruise. Lesson learned - always check the deck plans and book a cabin that has another cabin above and below it.

Since the photos are gone and just in case someone see's this thread like I did in a search I'm adding some photos of the Verandah room on deck 11. This is from v2, we also have stayed in v21 OB but only the view towards the back of the ship is obstructed. The red X below is v21

OB Suite v21.jpg

IMG_8405.JPG

IMG_8407.JPG

IMG_8447.JPG

IMG_8454.JPG