Food Requests on Princess

Denali2003

I know you need to ask 24 hours in advance for special foods. Does anyone know if you can get the following on a Princess ship:

Clam Strips / Tunafish Sandwich / Apple Cider / Chicken Tenders /

Also - what kind of subs can you get besides cold cuts (deli meat)?

Thanks!

I know you need to ask 24 hours in advance for special foods. Does anyone know if you can get the following on a Princess ship:

Thanks!

I can't ever remember seeing Clam Strips on a Princess ship.

Tunafish you could probably ask for and if they have it, they would make it up for you. I am not positive, but I swear I remember seeing a tuna sandwich on the buffet in the afternoon.

I have not seen Apple Cider on any Princess ship, maybe around Halloween they might offer it, but I can't ever remember seeing it.

Chicken tenders might be on the kids menu, you will have to check, but I have never seen these offered.

Anything you would like, you can always ask, but some things may not be possible. Good Luck!

ITunafish you could probably ask for and if they have it, they would make it up for you. I am not positive, but I swear I remember seeing a tuna sandwich on the buffet in the afternoon.

I have certainly seen Tuna sandwiches on the buffet, but they tend to make them into some wierd concoctions. One I had was Tuna and corned beef mixed together :eek:

I have certainly seen Tuna sandwiches on the buffet, but they tend to make them into some wierd concoctions. One I had was Tuna and corned beef mixed together :eek:

ewwwwwwwww now that is a strange mix. I would have asked them to make one up minus the corned beef. That sounds pretty nasty.

I have asked for apple juice at breakfast and gotten it but never have I seen it sitting on the buffet. There is a tuna salad sandwich on the room service menu. You can have chicken tenders every evening as it is on the kids menu.

We had the chicken strips on the menu one night on the Sapphire as a "homestyle" entree. They were awful; mostly dark meat and so overdone, you needed a steak knife to cut them. I wouldn't have tried biting into them as I'd be afraid of breaking a tooth. No kidding.

Not sure about subs. You could possibly ask for one but I've only seen small sub-like rolls in the buffet either pre-made up as a sandwich or as rolls you could use to make your own sandwich with cold cuts. I've never seen anything like a Subway 6" roll.

The key will be if they have it stocked on your particular trip. Tuna is a standard pantry item so I am sure they could come up with something. Apple cider would surprise me, mainly due to spoilage reasons, unless it was needed for a menu item.

I had the chicken fingers on the buffet for a snack. Meh.

Clam strips I would really doubt. They would only be used in a fried fish combo platter, which I have never seen (and really hope not to as an entree, eek!)

Thank you all. So, I shouldn't even ask for Clam Strips? Oh well, guess I'll just have to go to my local Captain D's. ;) What about Clam Chowder? DH loves clam chowder.

So, if I want Apple Cider I will have to bring my own dry packs.

I may try the chicken tenders - may be different on each ship / different chefs.

We will be on the Sapphire in March - will be on it for St. Patrick's Day. Hope they have cornbeef. ;) I don't like Shepard's Pie. I had it once locally. IF they have it, I might try it again - hey it's free and I can always send it back.

I'm glad they have lamb -- YUMMMMM!!!! I will get it in the MDR and we are planning on going to the Crown Grille - will probably get it there as well!! :D

On our cruise in 2009 - they had lamb on the sail way buffet!!!! I was in heaven!!

We have had good experience asking for food items at the buffet, even if they are not out. If they have what you want they will get it. So no harm in asking.

The chicken tenders are on the kids menu, my grandson ordered them, he was a happy camper with them.

No Clam Chowder in the CG, only Shrimp and Pancetta Bisque and Black and Blue Onion Soup.

Thanks, I couldn't remember, even though it has only been about 6 months or so since we dined there. Oh well, the Royal still has a Sterlings Steakhouse, maybe they will still serve my Clam Chowder. ;)

Thanks!

Ok, I'm confused. According to your signature you have sailed with Princess quite a few times. Have you ever seen or requested any of these items in the past? My experience with Princess is they are not big on deli sandwiches. I eat them daily at home so I don't miss them on vacation.

ewwwwwwwww now that is a strange mix. I would have asked them to make one up minus the corned beef. That sounds pretty nasty.

On the other hand, I would have asked them to make one up minus the tuna.

Ok, I'm confused. According to your signature you have sailed with Princess quite a few times. Have you ever seen or requested any of these items in the past? My experience with Princess is they are not big on deli sandwiches. I eat them daily at home so I don't miss them on vacation.
Even though we have sailed with Princess 5 times already - we never even thought (or knew) to ask for special food items. We have only been on 1 ship that had an International Cafe (Crown). The Caribbean Princess has it, and I will be going there :D There is a thread in here about "Secrets & Tips". I found it very helpful and interesting. There were quite a few things that I never knew.

We thought if you asked for something not readily available that you would get dirty looks. One time we had breakfast in the MDR and DH asked for ketchup (for his eggs). The waiter gave him a very dirty look - like how dare you put ketchup on your eggs. Another time we took the kids - had breakfast in the MDR again - this time we had one of the girls ask for the ketchup. She too got a dirty look. Is it bad form to ask for ketchup? 2 different cruise destinations, 2 different ships and 4 years apart.

A few times we have asked our cabin steward for a couple of "extras" and got rolling eyes. Again different ships and years.

So, we thought if we asked for something "different" we would seem rude, stuck up, "high maintenance". We haven't had good experiences in asking for something "out of the ordinary".

Even though we have sailed with Princess 5 times already - we never even thought (or knew) to ask for special food items. We have only been on 1 ship that had an International Cafe (Crown). The Caribbean Princess has it, and I will be going there :D There is a thread in here about "Secrets & Tips". I found it very helpful and interesting. There were quite a few things that I never knew.

We thought if you asked for something not readily available that you would get dirty looks. One time we had breakfast in the MDR and DH asked for ketchup (for his eggs). The waiter gave him a very dirty look - like how dare you put ketchup on your eggs. Another time we took the kids - had breakfast in the MDR again - this time we had one of the girls ask for the ketchup. She too got a dirty look. Is it bad form to ask for ketchup? 2 different cruise destinations, 2 different ships and 4 years apart.

A few times we have asked our cabin steward for a couple of "extras" and got rolling eyes. Again different ships and years.

So, we thought if we asked for something "different" we would seem rude, stuck up, "high maintenance". We haven't had good experiences in asking for something "out of the ordinary".

I knew there had to be some logical explanation because you have been on a few different ships. I feel sorry for those who don’t know about Cruise Critic. They are missing out on a lot of good information. As far as ketchup on eggs, it must be an American thing. I can order eggs at any deli or bagel shop here and they always ask me if I want salt, pepper or ketchup. Sometimes I enjoy some ketchup on my bacon, egg and cheese sandwich.

Archived