Good tour companies?

Liss

We enjoyed Thenford Grey. I got a group together from our M&M thread. We had a fabulous time and he was very knowlegeable. No payment until the end of tour. You would be very happy if you want a good overall view of St. Kitts.

How long is the tour? Will we have time to go back to port and walk around? We've got a tour reserved with him in March. Really looking forward to visiting all the islands.

• 3 weeks later...

Just got back yesterday and want to quickly post my review of Rose & Jim's Taxi & Tour Service so others can be aware of this great service. Rose was our guide for the day. You could not ask for a warmer, more knowledgeable guide. Jim grew up on the island and Rose has been there for 29 years. They have been in this business for just that long, too! It was so obvious how well known and well liked Rose is as we toured around the island. It was like visiting with your grandmother for the day. (She is a grandmother several times over so I know she won’t take offense at this!)

They only schedule one tour per day so you are not pressed for time if you run late. My wife and I got off the ship to meet Rose at the appointed time while our parents were running a bit late. Unfortunately, another ship was about to dock and the port authority shuts down the pier. No one could get off our ship until the other ship was safely tied up. It was not a problem for Rose and our time table.

We did the Island Tour and Cockleshell Beach tour which you can read all about on their website. Rose is willing to stop whenever you want to take photos and is always pointing out something of interest. You go through several towns and Rose is quick with some facts about each.

All in all, it was a grand day with one of the best guides we have had in our cruises. You know it was a good experience when there are hugs all around to end the day!

I'm sure the information is enbedded in many messages below but ... any recommendations for good tour companies to use on St. Kitts? ALso, do we need to make reservations before we arrive or is it easy to find a good tour?

We used Javin, my island tours, a couple of weeks ago, and had a great time! We did stuff no other cruise passenger that day was doing. Javin runs private tours - there were only 4 of us. Once you book Javin he's yours, he does not add other passengers, and his prices are very reasonable. We climbed Black Rocks, did a rain foresT hike, snorkeled a wreck and had beach time. Javin provided delicious local baked goods for lunch, as well as local fruit nice and water. He was entertaining, informative, and even stopped at a sugar cane field and got us some sugar cane. I highly recommend him! If you want a different a experience, I know he can customize a day for you.

Archived