Dress Code (again!)

DeepFreeze63

I've started my "Ready, Set, Go" planning and packing for our March TA. Despite having read hundreds of threads in the last year, I still need advice. Does a mock turtleneck (usually with a sports jacket or sweater) meet the "collared" shirt criteria for after 6PM?:confused:

Thanks,

PS: Much appreciation for all CC posters. We only cruise about every 5 years and it's always like we are new.:)

We are doing the 2012 TA from FLL to Barcelona and were wondering what we can expect from the weather across the Atlantic (it's our first TA) and in Barcelona in March? Any ideas regarding wardrobe (how hot or cold could it be) would be helpful. Thanks, Linda & Larry

March and April are wild-cards: some years they bring along a lot of rain, whereas other years the days are prematurely warm and dry. When the rains do come, the storms tend to be short — passing as suddenly as they arrived. Spring sneaks up quickly around here, bringing the green back to the city's plantain trees and adorning the hillsides with the bright yellow explosions of the mimosa trees in bloom. As the sunlight takes on a warmer hue, life slowly moves back out onto the streets. Bring along a warm sweater and plenty of enthusiasm and you'll be in tune with the rising spirits of the local population.

Barcelona is a joy to visit 12 months of the year!:)

The "new" dress code drives me crazy. Basically, anything goes. At dinner in January I saw men with Hawaiian beach shirts, men in blazers, men with ties (apparently the dress code doesn't affect women! Draw your own conclusion on this...)

I would think that a modified turtle neck shirt would be a whole lot more acceptable than something in blue/green/red that says "luau in Hawaii"!! In sum, this new dress code isn't a code at all!

Bonne chance!!

It seemed to me on our Mariner cruise last month that European men were much more dressed up than men from the U.S. Many wore suits and ties every night while men from the states had shirts and slacks (I do have a friend who wears very expensive silk Tommy Bahama shirts that may look too casual to some folks. . . . but, are certainly acceptable under Regent guidelines). Think we just need to embrace the different cultures. Now, if only we find a way to stop people from walking into each other when the British move to the right and American's move to the left when trying to pass each other:D

Gee, we move to the right like all sensible people. And sorry

Jackie, bit what should it matter how much the shirt cost?

Hi Wendy. . . . I was just laughing at the fact that on the ship, people move what appears to be the wrong way when approaching each other and therefore are headed toward a collision.

In terms of shirts, a comment was made about Hawaiian shirts. I was trying to make a point that some "casual" shirts may look like something that belongs on a beach, but, may be just as luxurious as shirts that some people find more acceptable (i.e. long sleeved dress shirts). It was probably a poor comparison:-)

Archived