Cruise Critic Community
Sign in to follow this  
loveislands

Feb. 19th Royal Clipper Windwards cruise - shore excursions

I will be on the Feb. 19th Windwards cruise aboard the Royal Clipper. I would like to get in touch with others who will be on this cruise, and to see if anyone is interested in joining my friend and I on some independent shore excursions, rather than those offered by the cruise line.

One I am definitely interested in doing independently is in St. Lucia, which will be our first stop on Sun., 20th. We are going to dock in Rodney Bay on the north end of the island and I am interested in taking a water taxi to Soufriere on the southern end to be able to see and photograph and Pitons from the water, as well as take a 2 hr. land tour to some of the sites. The botanical gardens, waterfall, drive-in volcano and other attractions are in this area. (None of the cruise sponsored shore excursions go to this part of the island.)

I have communicated with Jerome of Israel King Water Taxi who was highly recommended on TripAdvisor. Here is link to his website: http://www.israelkingwatertaxi.com

From what I can tell, we will get into port around noon and the last tender back to the ship leaves at 5:30 p.m. so we would have time to get to Soufriere and back via water taxi and do a land tour of approximately two hours. Cost goes down with number of people: $250 ($125 each) for two; $300 ($75 each) for four; $350 (58.33 each) for six. He requires a 50% deposit via PayPal.

If anyone who will be on the Feb. 19th cruise would be interested in joining us, please email me at debbra@wordjourneys.net.

I am also interested in booking something independently in Martinique as the choices offered by the cruise line are fairly limited.

Thanks!