Life Aboard the Crown...and (Near) Death as Well...Seven Days of Excitement

SailorJack

Thanks Sailor Jack (and Jill) for the much needed, uplifting review!! I bet this brought a bright light during this rough winter to so many. I ditto all the other comments!!

We were on the Crown in Dec. cruising the Western Caribbean. Sure had a great time. After reading your review it presented this thought : we are on vacation, let us be light hearted, don't take things too seriously, be patient, try to be pleasant, and not criticize too hastily.

Thanks a million,:):):):D:D:D

Sailor Jack is Back!! Hooray!!

Your reviews are hilarious!! I've been following your post for years. Thanks Sailor Jack, and many thanks to Sailor Jill (we all know it's her driving force behind your reviews;)) for your lighthearted humor! Keep posting and keeping Cruise Critic the place for all of our shared information and yuck-yucks!

Ahoy,

Marybeth.

Sailor Jack, please, please write a book about cruising. I can guarantee it would be a bestseller. This has got to be the best post I have ever read on CC.

EXCELLENT IDEA! I'd buy a copy!

You had me going for a minute when you talked about the hotel by the hour. I said to myself, "who on earth would choose a hotel like that?". Then I looked at the screen name...and it all made sense.

You crack me up!

The blood pressure thing was also hysterical.

Jack you are just AMAZING. Won't you please join me and my travelling freak show on the GEM on April 30?

A few highlights (subtitle - things that made me spit my coffee)

[/size][/font]

I love the outfits you buy her. On our Alaska cruise for our 25th Anniversary, Mrs Galt wore some lingerie from the Victoria Secret "25th" collection. Sweat pants, two shirts, a windbreaker and a bra with two combination locks have never looked so good.

Next time feel free to use my standard line as follows: "Not being a liberal, I actually know very little about things I know nothing about".

See, reading your stuff is not just hysterical, it teaches me things. I would have assumed the same as you.

Many years ago, we traded our 30 foot cabin cruiser for what turned out to be a 6'1 210 pound college tuition. I'm still not sure about that one but the fact is that we could cruise 6 times a year for less that the cost of beer and cold cuts on my boat.

As you know I photograph models as a hobby and my camera transforms into a convincing replica of a 9mm Glock. Nuff said.

As always, Jack thank you for the highlight of my day. PLEASE consider April on the GEM with me. Between us we can definitely do some damage to the ship, this board and our livers.:D

John, I though I had responded to your post, but if I did it got lost in cyberland!:confused:

I agree, we definetly have to cruise together some time, but April 30 is out as we have booked a cruise on the Splendor of the Seas for May 2.:( Of course if you were to bring along one of your models (or two) I would consider speaking to SailorJill about changing.:D

I can't believe you gave away your cabin cruiser!

Will you be doing a review of your trip on the GEM. I so appreciate your humor!

Jack

Oh, yeah...Jill must also shop where Mrs. Galt does - the wardrobe sounds very familiar.:)

EXCELLENT IDEA! I'd buy a copy!

You had me going for a minute when you talked about the hotel by the hour. I said to myself, "who on earth would choose a hotel like that?". Then I looked at the screen name...and it all made sense.

You crack me up!

The blood pressure thing was also hysterical.

What do you mean " who would choose a hotel like that?" It sounded like a pretty good idea to me!:D

Just as an aside, the Spa announcement actually did just say "blood pressure." I am sure that they ment to same "high" blood pressure but that got lost in the editing.:)

Thanks Sailor Jack (and Jill) for the much needed, uplifting review!! I bet this brought a bright light during this rough winter to so many. I ditto all the other comments!!

We were on the Crown in Dec. cruising the Western Caribbean. Sure had a great time. After reading your review it presented this thought : we are on vacation, let us be light hearted, don't take things too seriously, be patient, try to be pleasant, and not criticize too hastily.

Thanks a million,:):):):D:D:D

Thanks for your comments. You seem to share my philosophy regarding crusing - The worst day on a cruise is better than the best day at work.

Happy sailings,

Jack

I started to read your review THen saw your name ...SUCH PLEASURE Somehow these things can only happen to you

As always really enjoyed this one too .Maybe tell us where you are going ahead of time ...maybe 6 months notice so we can all get onboard with you

I still chuckle over your "DREAM " cruise

GOOD JOB

Michele

:) :) :)

John, I though I had responded to your post, but if I did it got lost in cyberland!:confused:

I agree, we definetly have to cruise together some time, but April 30 is out as we have booked a cruise on the Splendor of the Seas for May 2.:( Of course if you were to bring along one of your models (or two) I would consider speaking to SailorJill about changing.:D

I can't believe you gave away your cabin cruiser!

Will you be doing a review of your trip on the GEM. I so appreciate your humor!

Jack

Oh, yeah...Jill must also shop where Mrs. Galt does - the wardrobe sounds very familiar.:)

I don't match up to you but I'll be doing a review of the GEM, especially since it's my first NCL adventure.

Don't you agree that we need some little stuff to go wrong or it's really tough to be funny? I'm sure NCL can accomodate us.

It's too late to book a model for this cruise but think hard about September. Don't know what ship or where to but with two models aboard, NOBODY cares.

Looking forward to your May 2 review also.

I started to read your review THen saw your name ...SUCH PLEASURE Somehow these things can only happen to you

As always really enjoyed this one too .Maybe tell us where you are going ahead of time ...maybe 6 months notice so we can all get onboard with you

I still chuckle over your "DREAM " cruise

GOOD JOB

Michele

:) :) :)

Hi Michele, good to hear from you again. Actually, I think these kind of things must happen to everybody - can't be just me!

Can't give you a six months notice as I never plan that far ahead. Just booked our next cruise yesterday - Splendour of the Seas for May 2.

Take care,

Jack

Sailor Jack,

DW and I enjoy your reviews. When you go to the Caribean at least you will not have another run in with Gamal the camel.:)

Smooth Seas and Following Winds,

Lance1224

Thanks. You must have read my Star review about Gamal.:D I worked on a cattle ranch in New Mexico for a couple of years and thought I could ride about anything. But if I ever try to get up on a camel again I have instructed Jill to have me institutionalized!

Too bad that you don't cruise every week!!!! I'm sure that you could post a review about going to the dentist and it would be hilarious. Can't wait for your May cruise review...don't care where you're going, just be sure that you post!!!

Jan

Well, I tried to upload pictures, but it obviously didn't work - have I mentioned I am not a computer whiz:). I will try again.

For those of you who have done this...is there a limit to how many pictures you can paste to a page? Maybe I overloaded the post?

I think I finally managed to figure out how to post pictures!

We spent a lot of time hanging out at the Terrace Pool. This photo was taken behind the pool looking up at the decks above. The windows belong to Sabatinis - a great location.

2118547720106582660S600x600Q85.jpg

This was taken just outside the Caribe Cafe. The deck here is a great place to have breakfast. That is SailorJill down there in the corner.

2071127950106582660S600x600Q85.jpg

All I see here is a tiny little icon, and when I click on that I'm taken to the American Greetings Webshots site where I also just see the tiny little icon :confused:

Rick, I don't know what to tell you. The pictures show up well on my computer and I called a friend and he tells me the pictures show up on his as well. Linda 90 also said she could see them. Since I posted the photos the string has had over 600 views and (hopefully) if they were having problems they would have said something as well.

Archived