Life Aboard the Crown...and (Near) Death as Well...Seven Days of Excitement

SailorJack

Rick, I don't know what to tell you. The pictures show up well on my computer and I called a friend and he tells me the pictures show up on his as well. Linda 90 also said she could see them. Since I posted the photos the string has had over 600 views and (hopefully) if they were having problems they would have said something as well.

It's so weird, then. I can see the thumbnails on webshots, but not the full sized pictures. I've tried creating an account at webshots ... no change. I tried 3 different browsers (Chrome, Firefox and IE) ... no change. I even tried logging out ... no change.

Maybe it's the firewall at work???

<late edit>

I tried on my phone over a 3G connection (bypassing work's network) and the pictures showed up. Mystery solved.

</late edit>

It's so weird, then. I can see the thumbnails on webshots, but not the full sized pictures. I've tried creating an account at webshots ... no change. I tried 3 different browsers (Chrome, Firefox and IE) ... no change. I even tried logging out ... no change.

Maybe it's the firewall at work???

<late edit>

I tried on my phone over a 3G connection (bypassing work's network) and the pictures showed up. Mystery solved.

</late edit>

Thanks for the update...I was a little concerned. So it was the firewall for your server at work.

Jack

Sailorjack, you can have up to 6 images per post (remember that includes things like smilies too).

Thanks! It was the smilies that got me.:) I have one in my signature and used some in describing the pictures - that is what overloaded my post.

Good information to have. I will not use smilies when I post the next batch of pictures.

Jack

Dear SailorJack,

I really enjoy reading your review. You are a great writerJ I have a questions if you could help me with...on Aloha deck, did you hear any noise from the deck above...I assume Lido deck?

Thanks in advance :)

We heard absolutely nothing from the deck above. For what its worth, we also had a balcony cabin on the Aloha deck on the Star and all was quiet there as well. If you are looking at the Aloha deck then - from a noise perspective - you should be good to go.

In one of your pictures it appears that you and Sailor Jill have the entire Terrace Pool deck to yourselves. How did you manage that?

We got very early in the morning and reserved all he chairs by placing towels and personal items on them - removing them to take the picture and then putting them back?:)

Actually, this picture was taken on a port day. As we were not going ashore until lunch we spread out on the Terrace deck and for most of the morning were the only ones there. Heaven!:D

:D I am doubled over laughing - the absolute best review I have ever read, and now I can go back and pick up on the ones I missed, apparently! Jack, don't you and Sailor Jill want come come to Alaska in September with us? I would love to meet you - are you as funny in person?

Archived