Caribbean-Cruising Fashonista

indiana71

This is the seller we used https://www.etsy.com/listing/464464229/custom-yeti-decal?ref=shop_home_active_5

Since it was custom she sent me a proof to approve with in hours. Great service.

Kimberlee of ThePrettyPartyShop was just wonderful. I sent her an idea of what I wanted and she had a proof to me in no time (even though she was sick). It was perfect!

Thanks for the link. I'm new to Etsy and I think I'll be as addicted as I am to Cruise Critic! :D

Edited by dobiemom

sunnydaygirl: Love, love your cruise-theme finds!!:cool:

dobiemom: Me too! Love Etsy for all kinds of fun unique AND cruise items.

My Need-To-Lose-A-Couple-Pounds project is stuck:confused:! Just like back in the day when I lost 35 pounds, seems like occasionally there's a plateau...however, we are having sod delivered any minute now...and I expect to get a workout helping to put it down. And then enjoy this beautiful weather that Mother Nature is giving NW PA and get some walking/biking time. (For me, that's no more than half an hour:rolleyes:

). I must say though, losing weight, at least in my experience, is more about what goes in my body than how much exercise I get.

Cruise Room/Closet Update: We're waiting for the dry waller to come. Can't do anything else until that's done.

I'm getting anxious to re-do my Main Closet - move out some of the Cruise Clothes...but that means moving in winter stuff:eek:

sunnydaygirl: Love, love your cruise-theme finds!!:cool:

dobiemom: Me too! Love Etsy for all kinds of fun unique AND cruise items.

My Need-To-Lose-A-Couple-Pounds project is stuck:confused:! Just like back in the day when I lost 35 pounds, seems like occasionally there's a plateau...however, we are having sod delivered any minute now...and I expect to get a workout helping to put it down. And then enjoy this beautiful weather that Mother Nature is giving NW PA and get some walking/biking time. (For me, that's no more than half an hour:rolleyes:

). I must say though, losing weight, at least in my experience, is more about what goes in my body than how much exercise I get.

Cruise Room/Closet Update: We're waiting for the dry waller to come. Can't do anything else until that's done.

I'm getting anxious to re-do my Main Closet - move out some of the Cruise Clothes...but that means moving in winter stuff:eek:

The weight will come off. You have been very busy these pass months. I find that when I am very busy that most of us may not eat like we normally do. I know when we redid our kitchen, we did not eat the same as when it was done. And some weight went on. After the house was back in shape, my weight went back to normal cause I was eating my home cooked food and not grabbing stuff.

• 2 weeks later...

Had a great week on the cruise. Sure glad it isn't this week or leaving this weekend. Hope you're all safe and sound on dry land!

I wore about half my clothes. I really need to stop taking so many choices! Stayed in a swimsuit longer this time. Now it's time to switch my focus to our all inclusive in Mexico. Oct 14 I'll get to see my granddaughter again. She's gonna love the beach.

My new grandson is adorable and I've finally nailed my daughter to a return date. Nov 4. That'll be two full months I've been down here. I miss my bed!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by sunnydaygirl

• 2 weeks later...
Had a great week on the cruise. Sure glad it isn't this week or leaving this weekend. Hope you're all safe and sound on dry land!

I wore about half my clothes. I really need to stop taking so many choices! Stayed in a swimsuit longer this time. Now it's time to switch my focus to our all inclusive in Mexico. Oct 14 I'll get to see my granddaughter again. She's gonna love the beach.

My new grandson is adorable and I've finally nailed my daughter to a return date. Nov 4. That'll be two full months I've been down here. I miss my bed!

Very happy to hear that you enjoyed your cruise. It is wonderful that you will be able to see your grand children again. Enjoy your trip to Mexico.

Very happy to hear that you enjoyed your cruise. It is wonderful that you will be able to see your grand children again. Enjoy your trip to Mexico.

Thank you. There's been a hitch in my plans. Haven't a clue when I'll go back to Indy. Having surgery in Florida. Bladder. Nuff said. Probably won't be pleasant.

But really enjoying Mexico. Room looks allot like a cruise suite. Down to towels animals.

Thank you. There's been a hitch in my plans. Haven't a clue when I'll go back to Indy. Having surgery in Florida. Bladder. Nuff said. Probably won't be pleasant.

But really enjoying Mexico. Room looks allot like a cruise suite. Down to towels animals.

Wishing you a fast recovery. Enjoy Mexico.

Cousin had bladder surgery. Listen to what they tell you what NOT too do. Hope you heal quickly

I find out on Monday morning. Have no idea what to expect. But thanks all. Mexico was so relaxing. And for once,i packed perfect. Think I'll take exactly the same on the Vista in Jan.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Thanks! Scheduled for Nov8. He gave me some hope today that it might be out patient surgery. Either way I'll be able to fly home in a week or so from surgery. Glad Thanksgiving dinner is back on!

That is good news. I hope all goes well.

What are your thoughts on wearing National Dress on one of the formal nights?

We did a cruise with Fred Olsen (once) they have a British night, people dressed in Union Jack, dress, t shirts, waist coats, braces, hats, plus everyone given a song sheet and a flag....it was really cringe worthy...I suppose it was what they called national dress.....never again

• 3 weeks later...

I lived using my glass. The bartenders were great about me using! Have packed away with cruise stuff to protect decorations. So cheap, just bought another. Walmart can hardly keep them in stock.

Shortly after posting about my surgery, they called and delayed it till Nov 29. Came back to Indiana Wed. Preparing for Thanksgiving and then flying back to Florida on Sunday after. I'm praying that my Jan 14 Vista goes off without a hitch!

Have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

Edited by sunnydaygirl

• 3 weeks later...

While in Ross, I found a short sleeved shirt in charcoal grey with tiny anchors, ships wheel and sails on it. It's for my husband. Very nice dressy casual. He's already packed it away, leaving it in Florida at my daughter's so I can't share a picture. But happy about it since its normally me with cruise specific clothing!

Had my post surgery visit today. My doc had to do some creative thinking while doing my surgery as things were different than thought. But so far I've had better than expected outcome! I did fail to mention my cruise in Jan. But if I still have a "can't lift" anything order I'll just have to get a porter. Thanks for all your good wishes!

Had my post surgery visit today. My doc had to do some creative thinking while doing my surgery as things were different than thought. But so far I've had better than expected outcome! I did fail to mention my cruise in Jan. But if I still have a "can't lift" anything order I'll just have to get a porter. Thanks for all your good wishes!

Happy to hear that you are doing well. Now you can look forward to your cruise.

Happy to hear that you are doing well. Now you can look forward to your cruise.

Thank you. Spending time packing today. My things will be left in Florida while I go back to Indiana. Trying hard to pack as if leaving on cruise because will just have a couple days pre cruise to double check everything. Thankful for my packing cubes.

Thank you. Spending time packing today. My things will be left in Florida while I go back to Indiana. Trying hard to pack as if leaving on cruise because will just have a couple days pre cruise to double check everything. Thankful for my packing cubes.

We are leaving on a cruise Sunday and for the first time I am using packing cubes. So far I love them. I also have folders, which I have used before, and they work great.

My husband and I met in the Navy. We are going on the Carnival Magic in May 2017. It's his ship association's reunion cruise. Other than the Navy and a one day cruise to nowhere with my high school band on a Florida trip, this is our first real cruise. I am a "tomgirl" and haven't dressed up much. I am a CNA and was a Navy Corpsman. I lived in uniforms and scrubs. Now between starting direct sales business es and having an almost empty nest, I can spend more money and time on myself. I find I like dressing up.

My question is that I am starting to get into vintage style and was wondering if it would be weird to do" a decade a day" as his ship was commissioned and in use from 1944-1994.

• 2 weeks later...