Category F Cabins on Oasis/Allure

will773

I am looking into a cruise on the Allure. The Category F cabins (Oceanview) are available that are cheaper than the inside cabins.

Has anyone stayed in these cabins before? What are they like due to the slope of the front of the ship? Are they any bigger than the other cabins?

• 4 months later...

I'm interested in finding out, too, if anyone has stayed in these cabins! Is the room layout the same? Bed under the window? Movement? (although I once had a very forward balcony on another cruiseline and it wasn't all that bad). Not sure if the price is always cheaper but the cabin category has my curiousity.

jt, this is the only reference I can find to one of these cabins:

Deck - 9

Cabin # - 9506

Class – F

Front Starboard, Front Port, Back Starboard, Back Port, Central Park, or Boardwalk - Front, as in overlooking the bow

Bed near?(balcony or bath) – center of room

Quiet Cabin (With comments on problems. Note if connecting. ) – very noisy cabin. Heard every toilet flush from above. Also had an almost constant banging noise when the seas were ~7 feet or more. This was a connecting cabin and I also heard the neighbors door slam often.

Balcony View - No balcony. Standard outside cabin.

Balcony Size? N/A

Was wind a problem? Actually, there was quite a bit of wind noise from the window area one night.

Any specific problems with this cabin? Safe was not bolted down or otherwise secured. I slid it out of the closet. I could have taken it home with me if I was a crook.

Any other comments? The cabin door didn't close and lock without my having to pull or push it all the way closed. Neighbors in other cabins and also a couple in a lower deck below me complained of the same noise issues. Avoid any of the forward facing cabins.

(It's from the Oasis Cabin report thread)

Thanks for the info, Merion_Mom. Not sure why I didn't think of that!! What I found interesting was that banging sound. On our last cruise we had a forward balcony and we quite often heard a banging sound too--weird!

Archived