Mike & Tracy’s continuing adventures: Carnival Pride review (photos, funtimes & more)

MikeyA53

Background info: Mike (55), occupation- Royal Canadian Mounted Police (Mountie), Tracy (38) Paramedic, formerly from Wales, UK. Mitchel (14). Our daughter Arielle (16) had commitments and did not come on this cruise.

We just came back from a B2B2B2B on Destiny, Imagination, Valor and Freedom in September. See our review: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1281134

The reason we returned to cruising so soon is because Tracy is changing careers, she will be going away for 6 months of training on Feb 21st to become a Mountie and therefore we wanted to squeeze in one more cruise before she left. After her training it will be a while before she can take time off, hence our next cruise will be sometime in early to mid 2012.

Warning, this will be a very long, detailed review, took 1,258 photos.

We had a lot of fun on this cruise even tho the weather did not cooperate at all times. Our Freeport stop was cancelled due to high winds.

We met a lot of wonderful people, CC members and otherwise. Tracy sang karaoke and Superstar live. She was brought on stage to assist in ‘The physical comedy of Max Winfrey’. I participated in the gender showdown and both Tracy and I took part in Carnival Quest, you won’t believe the things we did. Good thing I have the photos to prove it. We won a bottle of champagne for our efforts.

We witnessed a marriage proposal on the karaoke stage, I have photos of that too. We dined in David’s steakhouse. Did the galley tour of the Normandy restaurant. In Nassau we spent time at Cabbage Beach, toured Atlantis and partied at Senor Frog.

Pre-cruise: We decided to be very cautious with the weather and gave ourselves two days to get to Baltimore. We left New Brunswick, Canada on Dec 31st and travelled 7 hours to Milford, CT. We stayed at the Hyatt Place Milford, $69.39 taxes included through Priceline, in a studio room with king size bed, mini fridge, free hot breakfast, free wireless, free parking.

012.jpg

004.jpg

005.jpg

006-Copy-1.jpg

007-Copy-1.jpg

010.jpg

On each traveling day one of us would choose which restaurant we would dine at for dinner, Mitchel was first, now where do you think a 14 year old would like to go? Hooter’s of course. We actually enjoyed our meal. In the evening we went to the cinema and to finish off the night we stayed up until a few minutes past midnight just to say we rang in the new year.

Someone is really tired

DSC_0030.jpg

The next day we drove the remaining 4 hours to Baltimore. On our way, we stopped at the Cheesecake Factory in Cherry Hill, NJ. Tracy’s favorite restaurant; beside my meal I had a cheesecake in the restaurant and one to go, yummy! In Baltimore we stayed at the Residence Inn Bwi Airport, $60.09 taxes included through Priceline, in a studio room with Queen size bed, full kitchen, free hot breakfast, free wireless and free parking. We did consider some park/sleep/cruise packages but decided not to rely on any shuttle service. Our total cost for hotel and parking $165.09.

DSC_0015.jpg

DSC_0016.jpg

DSC_0017.jpg

DSC_0018.jpg

Hi Mike & Tracy,

We're all looking forward to your review :) Hope Tracy and the kids are well.

Thank you soccersharon. Everyone is doing fine. Tracy is leaving on Monday so there's excitement and sadness in our household. :confused: Mike

Thank you soccersharon. Everyone is doing fine. Tracy is leaving on Monday so there's excitement and sadness in our household. :confused: Mike

Glad to hear everyone is well :) Tracy is so fortunate to have a wonderful family to support her. I wish her the very best of everything in her new endeavour. Hope you are still considering the Liberty Canuck cruise in March 2012!

Free popcorn

DSC_0019.jpg

Watch this

DSC_0022.jpg

DSC_0023.jpg

DSC_0026.jpg

For all the parents out there, do you remember when your child or children were small and you used to feed them, did you ever noticed that every time you brought that spoon to their mouth you would open your own mouth, well look at Tracy, some things never change

DSC_0027.jpg

Proud Mama

DSC_0029.jpg

Sunday, Jan 2nd, 2011: Embarkation

We started the morning off by going to the gym, had our free hot breakfast and checked out. We stopped at a Walmart for supplies, which is very close to the Port of Baltimore. The plan was to arrive at the port at 11 a.m and we were there at 11:10 a.m. There was a small lineup of vehicles, maybe a dozen ahead of us. We were instructed to wait until the parking lot was open. We could see cruisers returning to the few vehicles left in the lot.

Carnival Pride

DSC_0031.jpg

DSC_0032.jpg

OMG! We leave on Saturday for the Pride on Sunday!!! We can't WAIT! I wish I could spend the entire day in front of the computer and read your review as you post it BUT I need a new Dress for formal night and a new swim suit as I have lost @57 lbs since October and Can't wait to have family Pictures taken during the cruise.

Glad to hear everyone is well :) Tracy is so fortunate to have a wonderful family to support her. I wish her the very best of everything in her new endeavour. Hope you are still considering the Liberty Canuck cruise in March 2012!

If all goes well yes, we have mentioned it to our good friends Rick and Nathalie who came with us on our Valor cruise and they are interested. Maybe the grandparents could also come. Mike

Hi Mike!

I'm excited to read another one of your reivews, I really enjoyed your previous b2b2betc...

Good luck to Tracy in her new endeavour! Your whole family must be so proud of her!

Edited by Tazsamp

OMG! We leave on Saturday for the Pride on Sunday!!! We can't WAIT! I wish I could spend the entire day in front of the computer and read your review as you post it BUT I need a new Dress for formal night and a new swim suit as I have lost @57 lbs since October and Can't wait to have family Pictures taken during the cruise.

Congratulation on your weight loss and have a wonderful cruise. Mike

If all goes well yes, we have mentioned it to our good friends Rick and Nathalie who came with us on our Valor cruise and they are interested. Maybe the grandparents could also come. Mike

That would be awesome! Would really enjoy meeting your family and friends. My DD will be 15 by next March - it would be nice for her to have your kids to "chill" with.

At about 11:30 a.m we started moving in two lines into the parking lot, there was two rows of luggage porters and whenever they were free they would let another vehicle or two moved ahead. After we unloaded our luggage we were instructed to proceed in one of two lines to pay our parking fee. I believe one line is cash only and the other is credit/debit.

I had checked online and the new parking fee appeared to be $20 a day but I was pleasantly surprised that it was still $15 a day. The cashiers were in SUVs and you drove up beside them, I was surprised when she said ‘you have the cash ready and my big fat tip?". We tipped the porter $5 for our 3 pieces of luggage but I don’t like someone asking me for a tip and she didn’t get one. Furthermore, the only service they provide is to take your money, someone else is standing out in the cold, showing you where to park. I think it would have been more appropriate for her to have a sign saying something like " tips are appreciated" rather than being so blunt about it.

After we were led to our parking spot near the terminal, we entered the building and quickly went through security. They asked if we had wine or champagne, we each had one 750 ml bottle of wine and a cooler full of carbonated flavored water including one that was opened. They never opened or checked the cooler.

We were then led to the sail&sign counter. (no lines yet). Then to my surprise we were told to board the ship rather than receiving one of those numbered placards. We were on the ship at 12 p.m. It only took a mere 50 minutes from the time we arrived at the port. It worked out well for us, however if you know that Pride will be delayed getting back to port (known to happen) I would schedule my arrival time accordingly.

Parking lot starting to fill up

DSC_0041.jpg

The terminal

DSC_0042.jpg

Vehicles entering parking lot and unloading baggage

DSC_0104-1.jpg

DSC_0103-1.jpg

Baggage unloading on both sides.

DSC_0094-1.jpg

DSC_0095.jpg

Hi Mike!

I'm excited to read another one of your reivews, I really enjoyed your previous b2b2betc...

Good luck to Tracy in her new endeavour! Your whole family must be so proud of her!

Thank you Tazsamp. We are very proud of her, takes a lot of guts to leave your family and start a new career.

Please try to finish before Saturday, as I will be away from my computer for 8 days:p (Glory cruise)! Can't wait to read the rest - love your reviews. Good luck to Tracy and her new career. Soon you'll be a 2 horse family!:D