Mike & Tracy’s continuing adventures: Carnival Pride review (photos, funtimes & more)

MikeyA53

On each traveling day one of us would choose which restaurant we would dine at for dinner, Mitchel was first, now where do you think a 14 year old would like to go? Hooter’s of course. We actually enjoyed our meal. In the evening we went to the cinema and to finish off the night we stayed up until a few minutes past midnight just to say we rang in the new year.

Someone is really tired

DSC_0030.jpg

The next day we drove the remaining 4 hours to Baltimore. On our way, we stopped at the Cheesecake Factory in Cherry Hill, NJ. Tracy’s favorite restaurant; beside my meal I had a cheesecake in the restaurant and one to go, yummy! In Baltimore we stayed at the Residence Inn Bwi Airport, $60.09 taxes included through Priceline, in a studio room with Queen size bed, full kitchen, free hot breakfast, free wireless and free parking. We did consider some park/sleep/cruise packages but decided not to rely on any shuttle service. Our total cost for hotel and parking $165.09.

DSC_0015.jpg

DSC_0016.jpg

DSC_0017.jpg

DSC_0018.jpg

Mike...how do you get a room on priceline for more than 2 persons ??? I thought they can only gaurantee sleeping /bed for 2 persons. I am impressed and would love to know how you did this...

Thank you .

Hi Mike,

What a great review! Glad you see and hear you had such a great time. Just wondering about a few things:

-Did you notice any cutbacks on the cruise? We noticed a bunch that affected the cruise experience to a degree on our last Carnival Cruise.

-What was your favorite show/entertainer?

-How was the calypso duo (we miss the calypso bands)?

-Was there a regular party band on the ship (doesn't look so from the Fun Times, which would be a first - always one full band on every ship at a minimum)?

OSS, or OSU, is a Japanese utterance conveying respect, in this case on her attainment of her Shodan in KarateDo.

As a LEO (for 30 years now) I also salute her on her new found career goal too.

http://skjf.org/Articles/tooss.htm

ShotoJuku: I love that you designate your location as NCC-1701. Live long and prosper.

I love the review but have not been able to see the pictures.

There is just a little box with an x in it.

Can anyone tell me what the problem is?

If you are trying to look at the pics at work, they might be blocked. I know that has happened to other people.

Enjoying your review very much! We were able to walk thru everything at Atlantis on our Sensation cruise, didn't even see any guards.:D However, the next time we went on Fascination, guards were out in force, and you were limited to where you were allowed to gol:(

loved that show...stole the line for my wife years and years ago

read the books too

hope it comes back on one day

You can buy the series on DVD. But, I do hope (in vain) that it does come back on TV one day. Sorry, don't mean to hijack. Once again Mikey has posted a superb review.

You guys are a hoot, I love how your family par-takes in everything.

Tell your son he looks adorable when he smiles. :D What is it with teenagers and never showing those teeth we paid so much for:D.

Thanks kelbell, everyone should step up and get involved sometimes, you might be surprise on how much fun it can be. :D

I love the review but have not been able to see the pictures.

There is just a little box with an x in it.

Can anyone tell me what the problem is?

Thanks Texaswinediva. :)

I see several people have given you suggestions, hope you are able to fix the problem. Mike

I've had no problem viewing any of the photos if you are using an outdated browser that may be the problem, if you don't have IE8 or Firefox try doing an update and see if it works then. If anyone else has any suggestions feel free to chime in...

By the way Mike it has been great reading both of your reviews looking forward to the conclusion to this latest vacation. You're making me want to take a cruise before I go away on the one I'm going on in September. Great photos Mike and good luck to Tracy.

Thank you Justplayhockey61, we appreciate it. :):)

Thank you for posting this review. I just booked this cruise a few days ago and was very excited to read your take. I love all the pictures and can't wait to sail on her in December. I agree with your wife on the Tiramisu it is my favorite drink as well. Thanks for including the ingredients down now I can make it at home. Yummy.

Thanks again and the best of luck to your family.

Karen

Thanks Karen, I've made her a Tiramisu several times after we got home. Add chocolate syrup in a cocktail glass. Then one half ounce of all seven liqueurs in a shaker, pour and enjoy. :D

...it is to come across another one of your awesome reviews! I've been off cruise critic for a month or so since returning from my last cruise. Now that I have another one booked, I'M BAAAAACKKK! :D Hate to think I almost missed this! I thoroughly enjoyed your last review and this one is following along with your great standard of excellence! Thanks for taking the time to do it!

Congrats and best wished to Tracy in her new endeavor! I, too, had a late career change. After nearly 18 years as a flight attendant, I am now the director of the children's ministry at one of my church's campuses. I also never looked back....the airline industry was getting tough. I took down Tracy's address and plan to send her a card, too.

Can't wait to see more and I will once again hate it when your review is over! You AND your son should smile more!! ;) You're such handsome fellows and you hide it behind the seriousness! I have a handsome husband and 3 handsome sons and there's nothing better than seeing handsome men smiling! :)

Thanks for everything whendoweleave?. Very kind of you. Mike :):)

Mike...how do you get a room on priceline for more than 2 persons ??? I thought they can only gaurantee sleeping /bed for 2 persons. I am impressed and would love to know how you did this...

Thank you .

Your right they only guarantee sleeping arrangements for 2 persons however most 3 to 4 star hotels have king and sofa, queen and sofa, 2 doubles or two queens. After booking I always call the hotel directly and make a request for non smoking (if necessary) and my preferance in beds. They are usually very accommadating. If not I try to arrive early, sometimes before check-in and make my request. We have used Priceline over a dozen times in the past three years and only once did we not get what we wanted.

I do my research prior to bidding and I usually get the my 1st or second choice of hotel. One place you may encounter problems when it come to bed configerarations is in New York, their hotel rooms are usually smaller and it may be a problem to sleep more than 2 people using Priceline.

Hope this helps, any more questions feel free to ask. Mike

Hi Mike,

What a great review! Glad you see and hear you had such a great time. Just wondering about a few things:

Thank you.:)

-Did you notice any cutbacks on the cruise? We noticed a bunch that affected the cruise experience to a degree on our last Carnival Cruise.

No, we've only been cruising since 2009.

-What was your favorite show/entertainer?

Love most of the shows and comedians but my favorite was when Max Winfrey brought Tracy up on stage.

-How was the calypso duo (we miss the calypso bands)?

I never actually stopped to listen to them, sorry.

-Was there a regular party band on the ship (doesn't look so from the Fun Times, which would be a first - always one full band on every ship at a minimum)?

They had Sebastian & The Pride Show Band who played during the shows and Superstar Live etc., other than that I didn't notice any other full party band.

as you are a really good sport and I enjoy your reviews..and because your wife can beat me up and make me cry like a little girl I am NOT..repeat NOT going to take the photo of you in a bra and get it into the RCMP newsletter

That's very decent of you. :D

Friday, Jan 7th, 2011: Freeport (cancelled)

We got up to a beautiful, clear, windy day.

DSC_0952.jpg

DSC_0956.jpg

DSC_0957.jpg

DSC_0963.jpg

DSC_0962.jpg

Then came an announcement by Kirk Benning that due to high winds and repeated tries to safely enter port, our Freeport stop was cancelled and that we would be returning to Baltimore. We had a snorkeling excursion planned with Paradise Cove that I had been looking forward to, Tracy wasn’t too disappointed, the water temperatures wasn’t quite to her liking.

Our departures time was supposed to be 2 p.m. What I couldn’t understand was why we had to head north right of way, we had plenty of time, the ship could have stayed in the warmer waters, hence warmer temperatures for a while. We did get a OBC of just over $9 each which was better than nothing.

A revised Funtimes was delivered to our cabin. It was called ‘ Bonus sea day. It had a few extra activities added that were not on the original funtimes such as ‘Big screen movie: A-Team’ in the Butterflies lounge, ‘Superstar Live’ also in the Butterflies lounge and TV Tunes followed by Sports Lover Trivia in the Starry Nights lounge. Couln’t really complain since most major shows and activities are in the evening and we would have departed at 2 p.m anyway, even if we would have made port.

Here are the downloadable Funtimes for day 6. Click on the link below, (Pride day 6) it will bring you 4shared.com.

Then click on Download now (blue box). You will get a message ' Your download link will appear in (for my computer) 20 seconds, Then click on 'Download file now' Then 'open" wait for about 5 seconds for it to download and there you have it.

Pride day 6

Pride day 6 bonus