Cruise Critic Community

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

spammie

Equinox - emergency phone number

Does anyone have the phone number in case of an emergency for the Equinox? Thank you.

The number that I have for Celebrity's Satellite Service, from the docs of our recent Equinox cruise:

1-877-266-1020 (from anywhere Continental U.S.)

cost is 7.95/min. and can only be charged to major CC.

Yep that's the number found in your e-docs. luckily no one has ever had to use it from home.:)

Most cell phones will function on the ship and those with a GSM card will function on land and at sea with few exceptions.

It was difficult to access voice mail on a recent cruise but text messages came through with no problem so we have given our cell number for emergencies with the ship number as a backup. This is much less expensive than the $7.95/minute charged by Celebrity. Call your cell carrier to check their rates and function in your ports of call and on the ship. Verizon sent me the rates and dialing instructions in a e-mail which I printed for reference. Text messaging is the least expensive way to go.

Is this number still valid? I do not see any reference to satellite phone service in recent Celebrity documents.

I think Cruise Care insurance includes conveying emergency messages to and from family and friends. Is that correct?

Is this number still valid? I do not see any reference to satellite phone service in recent Celebrity documents.

I think Cruise Care insurance includes conveying emergency messages to and from family and friends. Is that correct?

As noted:

Friends and family can contact the ship by calling 877-266-1020. From outside the U.S., they can call 732-335-3296. The cost is $7.95 USD a minute. This can be charged to their American Express®, MasterCard®, Visa®, Discover®, Diners Club®, Carte Blanche®, or JCB®. From outside the U.S., additional long distance charges will also apply.

You can make ship-to-shore calls from your stateroom, 24 hours a day. The cost is $7.95 USD per minute and will be automatically charged to your SeaPass® account.

Still a valid number...there will be "prompts" to select the specific ship.