Rum runners have you ever?

kking206

I see lots of posts on here about ideas how to smuggle liquor/drinks on board.

have you ever been caught?

what happens when you are?

has anyone been caught using those "fool proof" rum runner flasks?

I haven't been "caught" because I don't smuggle booze.

I can tell you that you'll find many threads here about the subject. And, a couple who have had their rum runners confiscated.

If the booze is found in it's original container/bottle, it will be removed and returned to you at the end of the cruise. Booze not in it's original container will be confiscated and destroyed with no compensation.

Your ticket contract (available on line) will clear up the booze situation for you - and what could happen.

Your ticket contract (available on line) will clear up the booze situation for you - and what could happen.

Feel free to smuggle. The contract is just designed to prevent Carnival from being sued. As others have said, all that happens if you are caught is you lose the booze. Well worth the risk, IMHO.

BTW - I smuggle with RumRunners every cruise, and have never been caught (yet) :D

• Like 1

I'm a beer girl though....that seems impossible...good thing I saved up lots of money for this cruise! haha

I just think its an interesting subject...seems to be almost a sport!

Interesting is one word for it. But folks do get in flap about anything that is seen as against policy, rightly or wrongly. I wonder if those same folks ever speed :D.

I'm a beer girl though....that seems impossible...good thing I saved up lots of money for this cruise! haha

I just think its an interesting subject...seems to be almost a sport!

DING! DING! DING!

I think it may be a sport. Someone can ask "Can we bring our own mix?" many will answer but some will say "Yes and Rum Runners" and it is starting to remind me of The Shining with Jack Nickolson "Redrum" except it is "Rumrunner". LOL

At least the OP on this one is actually asking about rum runners. ha ha

Got Caught last week....I got a letter in my luggage Rum runners get detroyed and you lose the booze...I Had 8 small bottles of Baileys also in sealed bottles that were returned the final night....

Was in on Carnival? what cruise? what do you think went wrong?

Got Caught last week....I got a letter in my luggage Rum runners get detroyed and you lose the booze...I Had 8 small bottles of Baileys also in sealed bottles that were returned the final night....
I'm guessing the Baileys are what showed-up to them and caused them to look in your bags.

I bet the Bailey's is what they opened the luggage for and then they found the rum runners. I have never used Rum Runners but plan on it next cruise. The luggage you put them in needs to have nothing questionable it in. Of course there is always the chance that they pick your luggage for the random search. Its a luck of the draw!

Thanks for the post Woodey...which size RR? How many? Was that the Splendor cruise Cahill was on? Maybe a bit more scrutiny?

I have noticed a tendency for the larger RRs to get caught, especially if there are several together. Smaller ones that fit in your kit with other bottles or in th epants pockets seem to get through much more frequently. But again, it's a gamble.

I see lots of posts on here about ideas how to smuggle liquor/drinks on board.

have you ever been caught?

what happens when you are?

has anyone been caught using those "fool proof" rum runner flasks?

We are going on fifth cruise next month and have used rum runners every time. There hasn't been a problem yet.

I bet the Bailey's is what they opened the luggage for and then they found the rum runners. I have never used Rum Runners but plan on it next cruise. The luggage you put them in needs to have nothing questionable it in. Of course there is always the chance that they pick your luggage for the random search. Its a luck of the draw!

I was just gonna say that. We had cans of pineapple juice in one suitcase...RR's in another. The only bag that got checked was the pineapple cans (we got a letter).

We keep the RR's seperate from any other bottle and can shaped items.

This may be the stupidest question but what is a Rum Runner?

We brought alcohol on our first cruise by pouring rum in our sprite bottles and it went through just fine. The only thing was it was too much of a PITA to go back and forth to the room so next time we are just purchasing off of the ship.

You know those draw string book bags? well couldn't you just put the rum runner in that bag and put that under your hoodie? I mean you walk through a metal detector so it wouldn't go off? Of course in the middle of July you wouldn't have a hoodie on, but in December I could get away with it?

This may be the stupidest question but what is a Rum Runner?

We brought alcohol on our first cruise by pouring rum in our sprite bottles and it went through just fine. The only thing was it was too much of a PITA to go back and forth to the room so next time we are just purchasing off of the ship.

http://www.rumrunnerflasks.com/

I have used them on every cruise I have been on (two Carnival and one Royal Caribbean). Royal Caribbean is apparently pretty hard to sneak alcohol on, and we did it! With Carnival, we've never had a problem putting the sealed bottles in with our stuff. Royal Caribbean says no alcohol to be brought on at all, and we love our wine (and we're picky about which kind too). So, we poured eight or nine bottles into Rum Runners and they got through. The only issue I had was using them for wine. When using them for liquor, there are no issues. Wine doesn't keep very long in the Rum Runners. They lasted maybe about three or four days before they started not tasting that great. I love them though. Great product for smuggling liquor and we've never been caught!

We keep the RR's seperate from any other bottle and can shaped items.

its common sence people, i dont know why anyone would put something suspicious in their bag with the rumrunners...your basically asking for your bag to be inspected, and once they open your bag looking for what looked suspicious on the xray and see the rumrunners...its open season on your bag. all i can say is DUH.

Edited by nytonowhere

its common sence people, i dont know why anyone would put something suspicious in their bag with the rumrunners...your basically asking for your bag to be inspected, and once they open your bag looking for what looked suspicious on the xray and see the rumrunners...its open season on your bag. all i can say is DUH.

Exactly!