Es ?

mycruise2

I understand the early saver rules for getting a price reduction. What happens when , lets say, you pay for a 4A but get a 4E because of an upgrade promo and the price of a 4A goes down? There you are in a 4E but the 4A went down and that's the price you paid but you got better.

The cruise we are looking at has a ES promo for 4A but you can go all the way up to 4E at the same amount. Am I better off actually taking the 4A and not the better category?

Thanks!

If you move to a 4E, as per the small print, you can only price match to the exact category you are in, 4E ...but Id still take it, ...if its a free upgrade (i.e. the price of the promo matches what you paid, so you dont have to pay the difference).

I would rather be on a higher deck and take my chances... but thats me. A bird in hand and all that.

My advice is to go with whatever location you would prefer. I like decks that won't have anything noisy going on late at night or early in the morning directly above or below me. A couple higher levels of inside rooms will be right below the lido deck, which isn't good in some spots. If you've got just rooms above and below you, that's a good choice. So, higher level isn't always better. I typically like being 2 decks below lido deck and mid-ship. That works on almost all ships, except for the quircky Spirit class, which I don't know much about. Remember, if the offer is 4A all the way up to a 4E, you can also get a 4D, 4C, & 4B for the price of a 4A. Go with whatever looks like a good spot to you.

I like being on a high deck so getting a higher category is great for me....DH is the finance person and would NOT be happy if a price drop happens and we can't get the OBC because I chose the higher cat. Can't wait too long or we'll loose the airfare.

OH well, no easy fix...just will go with it as is.

Thanks for your thoughts!

I like being on a high deck so getting a higher category is great for me....DH is the finance person and would NOT be happy if a price drop happens and we can't get the OBC because I chose the higher cat. Can't wait too long or we'll loose the airfare.

OH well, no easy fix...just will go with it as is.

Thanks for your thoughts!

Sorry your husband is such a nonchance taker he would take a less valuable/convenient cabin, just for the better chance of a price drop. He will be kicking himself if it doesnt pay off.

Archived