Cruise Critic Community
English Tim

Carnival Agent quite rude to me, I am really p.ssed off!

The saga of FCC's and CCL stockholder obc goes on. I understand the agent's frustration, but they don't seem to understand mine!

The first agent reads out a FCC number to me and says it's been applied to my Conquest sailing, but no money is shown on the account. She told me she'd transfer my call and I was cut off, so I call again.

Second agent tells me a different FCC has been applied to my Magic sailing, but none to the Conquest. It really is so confusing, I just want to talk to someone in authority and be able to relax.

My CCL stockholder obc will be applied to the Magic, but not the Conquest. I ask why not as both booking references were on the same letter and fax, so she tells me it's not her dept and it had clearly been a long day for her.

If it wasn't for the fact that we enjoy our Carnival cruises so much, I'd hop back to Princess, where I've never had a problem with 'agents'!

Sorry to bore my CC friends with this saga, but hopefully someone can direct me to someone in authority. grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Man, I wish I knew someone who could help you thru this. What a mess.

Wonder if Host Mach knows anyone who might be able to help :confused: ??

We found out if you have more then 1 item for OBC -FCC or stock OBC, or milestone 25% OBC. Every time they add one of the items it kicks the other item out of the system, and one person cannot add the other item. FCC is by the FCC people and milestone was by the milestone person. It took 5 days and 3 of them were on the ship. Persers desk said they had to have approval from miami. FCC person on the ship keep checking for approval from Miami and persurs desk had to get approval from milestone person from Colorado. It took 3 days on the ship till everything showed up on our account. We got picture frams and wine sent to us for the problem.

When you talk to whoever tell them that when one is entered it kicks the rest out of the system. When it goes to each person they enter in there part and only worry about there part. It goes to the next person and they enter ther part and it kicks the other out. Thats there problem.

Edited by PA Dutchman

Wonder if Host Mach knows anyone who might be able to help :confused: ??

He knows John Heald, but John has enough on his plate already.

It would be good if all the carnival agents knew their own system. Last Saturday I was holding on the telephone line for ages and gave up. When I called again I was told the dept I had been waiting on only work Mon thru Friday!

If you know the name of the CEO, you can send him an email. First initial, last name @carnival.com

I did that once when I couldn't get a straight answer to a question. Let me tell you...I had the heads of several departments emailing and calling me.

I'm pretty sure you'll get some action if you do that.

English Tim, I've been following your saga and really feel for you.

CCL offers a quality product for the price but at times their customer relations dept. leaves a lot to be desired. It seems as if the right hand does not know what the left hand is doing down there in Miami. Good luck!

The saga of FCC's and CCL stockholder obc goes on. I understand the agent's frustration, but they don't seem to understand mine! . . .

. . . Sorry to bore my CC friends with this saga, but hopefully someone can direct me to someone in authority. grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

If I may offer a personal suggestion . . . create a very brief e-mail message (Cliff Notes version) to advise the issues, and that multiple calls by you have not been able to solve the challenge. Just ask that your message be forwarded to someone with the authority to address, and hopefully solve, the issues. As difficult as it might seem, try to keep it upbeat.

Address to Lynn Torrent, Executive VP, Sales & Guest Services

LTorrent@carnival.com

I have a strong feeling that you'll be contacted shortly, and by someone who won't be describing the day they are personally having.

Best wishes to you for a rapid resolve.

Happy cruising!

In the defense of the people who work for Carnival on the front lines (I am not one of them, I work for a financial institution in a SIMILAR job), they may just be doing the job as it has been described to them.... or within their power. In my job, I have plenty of things that I CAN do... however, will get into plenty of trouble and possibly compile a reason to terminate if I were to take liberties. With issues of this nature where the issue is that you call one person to have something taken care of and then something else goes away my advice is to calmly explain while on the phone with the person who picks up, "My complaint is not with you nor anyone of your department. However, I have an issue which has yet to be fixed and has been described to me as a system issue by many individuals. I would like to speak to a supervisor or manager who carries a bit more weight as far as the solution to the issue." This may get a bit of push back as the individuals on the front lines are usually not allowed to simply transfer calls to supervisors... so this means that they will automatically snap into "super-help" mode (usually--this is what I do when someone comes through my line asking for a supervisor.... my goal is to fix the issue myself so that I don't have to hear it from my supervisor later). If they don't seem to become very helpful, or just pass you along then explain that you will explain the issue in detail and go into your story. The more details that the individual knows... the more that they will know one of the following (1) how to fix the issue; (2) where to START fixing the issue; (3) when it is out of their hands and they need to get to their next level of management.

In a contact center environment, mostly the only thing that the person that you speak with can do is fill out a form, do a few things which creates results themselves, and direct you to where you need to go. Most of their job is to inform/educate, process, and redirect. Therefore, this means that all of the complex nuts and bolts problem solving is done with support departments... sometimes called back-offices. The person who you speak with is going to take the pieces of the puzzle that you give them and the pieces that they can get from prior notes and evidence from prior work and then figure out the proper approach to fixing the issue... including if they need to forward it up the line. To be honest, they might not have ANY clue how to fix it. If you start thinking that's the case then you might want to just get into collaborative mode and start to problem-solve with them. Just realize that sometimes if they aren't speaking on the line this means they are thinking, researching, or trying something to fix the issue.

All of the above may mean nothing to you because you will have already sent an email. Just keep in mind, that the higher up the line you get in a structure like this the more emails you get and your email could be possibly overlooked. I hope that this explanation is of some help being that you might need to use this information in the future.

Man, I wish I knew someone who could help you thru this. What a mess.

I rarely even think of this but do you suppose John Heald would be of help?

Oop= Don's suggestion is much better. Good luck- sounds like that would be a very good start.

Edited by 5waldos

My CCL stockholder obc will be applied to the Magic, but not the Conquest. I ask why not as both booking references were on the same letter and fax, so she tells me it's not her dept and it had clearly been a long day for her.

Tim,

I sent in stockholder OBC request for five booked cruises one time and it was applied to all five, but not until two weeks or so before sailing for each one. The answer they gave me when I asked is they add them at that time along with all the others they receive for the same sailing. I have had others added and listed online months before sailing though.....

Why aren't you working with Carnival UK or whatever that operation is called?

I have tried, but they say as I booked directly with Carnival, they can't access my booking and have copied my enquiry to Carnival HQ.

If I may offer a personal suggestion . . . create a very brief e-mail message (Cliff Notes version) to advise the issues, and that multiple calls by you have not been able to solve the challenge. Just ask that your message be forwarded to someone with the authority to address, and hopefully solve, the issues. As difficult as it might seem, try to keep it upbeat.

Address to Lynn Torrent, Executive VP, Sales & Guest Services

LTorrent@carnival.com

I have a strong feeling that you'll be contacted shortly, and by someone who won't be describing the day they are personally having.

Best wishes to you for a rapid resolve.

Happy cruising!

Thanks very much.:)

I have tried, but they say as I booked directly with Carnival, they can't access my booking and have copied my enquiry to Carnival HQ.

I guess my more direct question is that did you book that way to save some money? AFAIK, Carnival still has a legal entity in GB.

In the defense of the people who work for Carnival on the front lines (I am not one of them, I work for a financial institution in a SIMILAR job), they may just be doing the job as it has been described to them.... or within their power. In my job, I have plenty of things that I CAN do... however, will get into plenty of trouble and possibly compile a reason to terminate if I were to take liberties. With issues of this nature where the issue is that you call one person to have something taken care of and then something else goes away my advice is to calmly explain while on the phone with the person who picks up, "My complaint is not with you nor anyone of your department. However, I have an issue which has yet to be fixed and has been described to me as a system issue by many individuals. I would like to speak to a supervisor or manager who carries a bit more weight as far as the solution to the issue." This may get a bit of push back as the individuals on the front lines are usually not allowed to simply transfer calls to supervisors... so this means that they will automatically snap into "super-help" mode (usually--this is what I do when someone comes through my line asking for a supervisor.... my goal is to fix the issue myself so that I don't have to hear it from my supervisor later). If they don't seem to become very helpful, or just pass you along then explain that you will explain the issue in detail and go into your story. The more details that the individual knows... the more that they will know one of the following (1) how to fix the issue; (2) where to START fixing the issue; (3) when it is out of their hands and they need to get to their next level of management.

In a contact center environment, mostly the only thing that the person that you speak with can do is fill out a form, do a few things which creates results themselves, and direct you to where you need to go. Most of their job is to inform/educate, process, and redirect. Therefore, this means that all of the complex nuts and bolts problem solving is done with support departments... sometimes called back-offices. The person who you speak with is going to take the pieces of the puzzle that you give them and the pieces that they can get from prior notes and evidence from prior work and then figure out the proper approach to fixing the issue... including if they need to forward it up the line. To be honest, they might not have ANY clue how to fix it. If you start thinking that's the case then you might want to just get into collaborative mode and start to problem-solve with them. Just realize that sometimes if they aren't speaking on the line this means they are thinking, researching, or trying something to fix the issue.

All of the above may mean nothing to you because you will have already sent an email. Just keep in mind, that the higher up the line you get in a structure like this the more emails you get and your email could be possibly overlooked. I hope that this explanation is of some help being that you might need to use this information in the future.

Yes, I think the problem here is that this issue has so many notes, that one agent may miss what another agent has said or read, which get's really confusing.

There have been some good sensible ideas on here, for which I am really grateful. I just which I could work out how to multi-quote!

I guess my more direct question is that did you book that way to save some money?

Yes.

It never even crossed my mind to call Carnival UK.

I think that may be the root cause that may continue to feed your anger.

I am happy now. I've sent an email as suggested above and look forward to my cruises, with or without OBC's.:)

This afternoon I have received two phone calls, one from Carnival UK and one from Miami.

Both ladies were extremely courteous and very helpful and I'm sure that my OBC problems will soon be sorted, so thanks to all of you who assisted me.:)

I am happy now. I've sent an email as suggested above and look forward to my cruises, with or without OBC's.:)

What a great attitude, hope this all turns out well for you /crosses fingers