Cruise Critic Community

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

rawley2

My Best Cruise EVER on the Victory!! Just got home

I will write a full review later but I can answer any questions about the Victory now if you have any.

We did have the new Gold sign and Sale cards. Pretty cool but the letters wore off of both mine and my wife’s in the first 4 days of the cruise. LOL, It was their first time using them they said and they are changing the ASAP.

The other new thing was the Border Patrol at the dock when we returned!!! I did not get off the boat until 12:30!!! The law just went into effect on March first and Carnival and the Border Patrol have a lot of learning to get this to speed up.

Our waitress had a problem table that was sending back at least 2 things a night and ordering stuff like begales instead of bread. That hurt her service a little but I totally could see what was happening and did not blame her even a little. When she had begales ready for them they wanted toast. They did this EVERY NIGHT to her. One night one of the kids at the problem table sent back every main course and wound up with a hot dog. If I was the waitress I would have SCREAMMED at them. LOL

Well other that the MINOR service problem this ship has the best staff of any carnival ship I have ever been on. Actually scratch that. It was the best staff of any ship I have ever sailed on.

The bar tender at Sirens lounge would do magic tricks and tell jokes all night long. I am going to miss him. LOL

Well I will write a full review soon but I can answer questions now if you want.

I am on Victory in May. How did you find the pool area? Lots of chair hogs? I usually am up and about 1st thing in am. So usually not a problem, but have heard all the horror stories. Also, which deck is best for sunning? Do you remember bartenders name?

Thanks for the info. We are going in December. We have a balcony on the Veranda deck. Did you do the western or eastern Caribbean? If you did the eastern, could you let me know what excursions you liked? Also, if you went to the gym, what was that like? Thanks again.

I am going in June and would like any details about just about anything you can think of that you liked. What size room did you have, and what was that like (clean, neat, smelly, ext.)

There was so much going on the only show I seen was the magic show and it was good.

I was western and I was also in Coz about 6 weeks ago so I just got a cab to town and did some shopping and Carlos and Charles!!

In grand Caiman I went with Caption Peat. This was a blast. DONT BOOK STING RAYS through the cruise. Those boats are PACKED!!

I also booked Oriel Taylor for Jamaica. I was the first up the falls that day and also the first down the river on a tube!! None of my pictures have any other tourist in the back ground!! Pretty cool.

They really could not hog the chairs because the don’t really put the best ones out until about 10:00 AM (after breakfast). There was still some but I never had a problem getting a good chair at the pool. I really am not the type to lay out in the sun all day so I really cant pick the best deck but I would think it was above the pool decks.

Did not do the gym. We did have a balcony on the Lido deck. Our cabin number was 9211. I only waited for an elevator 2 times for more than a minuet. That area is the best because you have 6 regular elevators plus the 4 glass ones. With 10 in that part of the ship you never wait. This was the first cruise that I NEVER clamed any stairs.

If you can swing it I would get a balcony. This was my first time with one and I will never go back. Also try to get on a deck like the Lido deck because you are on the same deck as all the pool and food action.

It sounds like you had a great time! I can't wait to go in June! I have a balcony, I'm in a category 12 penthouse so it should be nice (my first time in a category 12) I have been on one other Carnival cruise the Inspiration and completly loved it.

OMG...you didn't get off the ship till 12:30?? :eek: We are cruising on the Victory next August and have a 1:00 flight booked. I hope they get their act together by then!

What is the deal with the "gold" S & S cards? Are they something "elite" or does everyone get one?

Did you notice if there was "afternoon tea" offered on sea days? We did this on the Paradise and are hoping it is available on the Victory. Just a nice relaxing time listening to classical music while sipping on hot tea and enjoying little finger sandwiches and sweets.

The Gold cards are for past guests only. All the others have the blue and red ones. I am sure they will have the problem with getting off late fixed this summer. We where the first cruise to deal with this new law. All it can do is get better. They also have tea on sea days. My favorite club was the cigar bar where that had a great Jazz band every night until midnight.