Live from the AOS

As promised I am live on board the Adventure. A couple quick notes - #1 I am on vacation- spelling and grammar are going to really bad.

#2- please don't ask me to go find your bartender or waiter.

I can't even find my own from last year.

Enough notes - We flew in a day early - I never ever cruise and fly in the same day. Period - I don't believe in it and do not do it. I like to get where I am going and relax before I set sail. We stayed at the Howard Johnson's for $110. It was fine. We actually liked it. Not 5 or 4 star but it worked. The beach was a very tiny walk away - nice beach. One more note I torn my MCL and dislocated my knee cap 3 weeks ago. Walking is a challenge.

7-11 is right next door- Wallgreens 1 block away and Burger King on the other side. We actually got a balacony room - the balacony was so big it was like a helipad. The place was clean and only cost us $13 from airport via taxi and $17 to cruise port. Piece of cake.

Embarkation - WOW was that easy. At port about noon maybe 12:30 and walked right on. We are Platinum members and didn't need it. We were almost on an empty ship . It was great. Never had lunch - we had B-fast with an old friend in San Juan.

We are in a JR suite and it is very nice. Our waitress informed us that this week they are implementing a new menu and the Head Chefs from Miami are on board this week. Tonights menu - Prime Rib- Cod- shrimp ravoili- chicken stuffedand some mexican thing. We all had prime rib and it was incredible.

Going to bed I will talk to all tomorrow.

Please excuse spelling.

Patty

Thankd for info on the new menu. If it's not too much of a problem could you please post the new dinner choices as you do your updates? We will be on her in less than 2 weeks for our honeymoon.

Have a great trip!!

Hi Patty,

Thanks so much for the information! We'll be looking forward to new posts! Hope you have a great cruise!

vikeqn,

Congratulations! My daughter and I will be on the same sailing! Only 13 days left....let the countdown begin!

I look forward to reading your updates. I will be on AOS in August for the first time. Do you know how far the Radisson is from the pier where the AOS leaves? How fortunate you are to have the run of the ship as you said it was not crowded. Enjoy! Look forward to the updates. Keep 'em coming.

If you get a chance, can you check to see if there is still such as thing as "advanced skating" for people with their own skates. My daughter (a figure skater) skated on the Voyager two years ago during "advanced" times, and wants to do it again.

How are the seas? and the weather? who's the CD? looking out my window at snow, what are you looking out to (besides the ocean)?

We're on her next week - I can't wait - leave some booze & food for us!!

ENJOY !!!

Guest OBAYbee
I look forward to reading your updates. I will be on AOS in August for the first time. Do you know how far the Radisson is from the pier where the AOS leaves? How fortunate you are to have the run of the ship as you said it was not crowded. Enjoy! Look forward to the updates. Keep 'em coming.

When in August? We are going on her the 21st.

Thanks for taking the time to keep in touch with us while enjoying your cruise.

I will be AOS in April and will have a JS. What can you tell me about it. It's my first JS. Good news about the new menu. Can't wait to hear about it.

Thanks again Patty,

Cathy

Archived