Oasis - which cabin would you choose?

And why? We are considering booking an October Oasis cruise. I'm not really interested in most Boardwalk balconies (mostly looking across toward other balconies, laundry, etc. - not what I want to deal with), but favorable things about the aft Boardwalk balconies (can see the ocean, water show, not as much looking straight across the ship into other cabins). Right now we can do an oceanview balcony guarantee for about $230 less total for the 2 of us vs. cabin 11729 which is the most aft Boardwalk balcony. The guarantee pricing only seems to be available on one site (clicked through a link on a CC newsletter so I feel it is trustworthy), the Boardwalk pricing is through my TA I have used extensively so there is definitely a sense of loyalty and she doesn't have access to the D8 guarantee pricing, her best would be a D6 for an oceanview balcony.

Given a choice - which would you choose? We are taking this cruise as a nice getaway and our biggest interest is in seeing the ship and all it has to offer. I think that is what makes the B1 somewhat appealing, it offers a different perspective from a typical balcony - but....is it worth a couple of hundred dollars more? I'm just looking for thoughts from those of you that have experienced the Oasis class ships and have an opinion one way or the other. Thanks!!:)

And why? We are considering booking an October Oasis cruise. I'm not really interested in most Boardwalk balconies (mostly looking across toward other balconies, laundry, etc. - not what I want to deal with), but favorable things about the aft Boardwalk balconies (can see the ocean, water show, not as much looking straight across the ship into other cabins). Right now we can do an oceanview balcony guarantee for about $230 less total for the 2 of us vs. cabin 11729 which is the most aft Boardwalk balcony. The guarantee pricing only seems to be available on one site (clicked through a link on a CC newsletter so I feel it is trustworthy), the Boardwalk pricing is through my TA I have used extensively so there is definitely a sense of loyalty and she doesn't have access to the D8 guarantee pricing, her best would be a D6 for an oceanview balcony.

Given a choice - which would you choose? We are taking this cruise as a nice getaway and our biggest interest is in seeing the ship and all it has to offer. I think that is what makes the B1 somewhat appealing, it offers a different perspective from a typical balcony - but....is it worth a couple of hundred dollars more? I'm just looking for thoughts from those of you that have experienced the Oasis class ships and have an opinion one way or the other. Thanks!!:)

For me personally, I would chose the ocean view balcony. When on a ship I need the connection to the ocean. The boardwalk view would be too static, noisy, lack of privacy and never changing view with only a sliver of ocean. Would rather experience the boardwalk actually walking through it rather than constantly looking down on it.

Just off Oasis last week, and I would definitely take the ocean view balcony. No matter where your Boardwalk view is, you will have someone directly across from you -- not to mention that everyone looking up from the Boardwalk or down from the Sports deck will be able to see onto your balcony.

Ditto the ocean view balcony. I am so glad we did not book a BW view. No privacy at all...and the view remains the same the whole trip (other than the few glimpses at the ocean). We had an oceanview balcony on deck 11. We were 4 doors from the very aft. We would go out on the private deck back there to watch the shows. It was a FABULOUS cabin choice for us.

Just did the Oasis last week and had a BV balcony.

I would take an oceanview window over a BV balcony any day. BV is noisy during the day and the view of the ocean even aft was so tunnel-like that it wasn't worth it.

There's only so much view of Johnny Rockets I need on a cruise.

OK, I'll offer a contrary opinion. We booked a BV balcony over an oceanview. The uniqueness of the Oasis and Allure prompted us to go with a category you can not get on any other ship. We booked the last aft BV balcony, deck 10. Plenty of water outside the window, plus can see the Aquatheater. My wife and I had a BV balcony on the Allure and did not have any issue with the noise or privacy -- close the shears if you need too -- close the entire curtain if you really, really need to.

We can get an oceanview on any other ship. We felt it was a good opportunity to experience something unique. If I had the money I would do a loft suite. They are just amazing, and a number of them look out over the ocean.

mac_tlc

We picked an oceanview because we felt that we needed the stronger connection to the ocean on this ship. However, I've read soooo many wonderful things about that last BV cabin = it has an aft ocean view, plus a view of the aqua theatre. I think that in this particular instance, the BV cabin might edge out a straight oceanview cabin.

Here is a thread with people who have the complete opposite opinion, all liking the BV: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1333564

11729 is the last room on the best deck - would have the public deck outside your room, the rooms are notably quiet, and it is an experience you can only get on this class ship - all ships offer the Ocean Balcony where, yes, they are more private, but for what I like my balcony for, the BV is great. we are in the 2nd to last room, 327, for our next trip. Here is another tread with a posting from a person in 11329, the very last room on the opposite side. Great pic, views, etc. http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1375102&highlight=11329 I would book that room while it is still available.

I enjoyed my Boardwalk balcony, but for less money, I would take the D8 gty. Just make sure it really will be an ocean view balcony with no possibility of being assigned a neighborhood balcony. I read on CC that happened to someone who booked an balcony gty.

We just got off the Oasis last Saturday and our balcony (ocean view) room was located at #7584, we have always stayed up on the 9th floor on our non-Oasis cruises. I can tell you that when we go again on the same class ship we will pick the same 7th or 8th floor ocean balcony view because it is so centrally located to all of the action on the ship.

We did not have a Boardwalk cabin but when we were back in this area of the ship - near the rock climbing wall and aqua theater - there was a horrible sewer smell every day. That would be enough for me to not book one of those aft balcony cabins.

There was some talk about this smell after our cruise and it was terrible. We were on the 11/6/10 sailing.

Maybe others can offer the latest info on this.

We did not have a Boardwalk cabin but when we were back in this area of the ship - near the rock climbing wall and aqua theater - there was a horrible sewer smell every day. That would be enough for me to not book one of those aft balcony cabins.

There was some talk about this smell after our cruise and it was terrible. We were on the 11/6/10 sailing.

Maybe others can offer the latest info on this.

Thats the first I've heard of a sewer smell, that would definitely be a deal breaker. Hopefully others will report back on this.

Archived