Rate Rennaissance in Fll

randolph

I'd also like to know about this hotel. I bid $75 3* downtown Fll and Priceline accepted my bid and upgraded me to the Renaissance (4*). I had wanted the Marriott Marina or Embassy Suites.....oh well.

Majesty of the Seas 05/1992

Monarch of the Seas 04/1993

Majesty of the Seas 04/1994

NCL Dreamward 07/1995

Horizon 08/1996

Triumph 09/1999

Princess Grand 05/2001

Nordic Empress 07/2002

Princess Grand 12/2002

Adventurer of the Seas 03/2004

Caribbean Princess 10/16/04

I have never stayed there but our cruising friends have. Met them in the lobby last Feb. They certainly were very happy with it and are staying there pre cruise next Feb. again. This hotel is only 2 years old and right at the entrance to Port Everglades. It's two blocks west of the Mariott and about two blocks east of the Embassy Suites.

Friends usually get the Renaissance through Priceline for $70 - $80 range so your price is fine.

Have never heard about problems with this hotel. You both should be fine staying there.

Hope this helps a bit.

Island Princess - Hawaii, Nov.5/04

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=ff0000&cdt=2004;11;5;17;0;00&timezone=GMT-0800

Sun Princess - Feb.7/05

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=ff0000&cdt=2005;02;7;17;0;00&timezone=GMT-0500

I got the Renaissance through Priceline for $82 per night for our pre-cruise stay the weekend before Thanksgiving. I am really looking forward to staying there. The regular prices for the rooms are over $200 per night. They say that if you request a room higher up in the building you can actually see the ships. We are arriving in FLL on a Sunday morning which means we will be able to see the ships go out and wait for ours to come in on Tuesday morning. That's the day our cruise starts... Can hardly wait!!!!

Nordic Empress 3/03

Star Princess 10/03

Legend of the Seas 9/04

Parents 60th Anniversary Cruise

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=800080&cdt=2004;09;05;17;0;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Dawn Princess 11/04 Thanksgiving Cruise with Family

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=800080&cdt=2004;11;23;17;0;00&timezone=GMT-0500

I hope I can help a little.

We stayed there May 1st. We were given a room on the fifth floor looking toward the Caribbean Princess. I could only see the top of her. Not a big deal to me. The bed had to be the absolutely most comfortable bed that I've ever slept in . The bedding was also first class!

The room was very spacious and decorated by a designer, it was easy to see and to appreciate. The service was first class professional in all areas including room service. The food in the onsite restaurant is excellent and presented in such a way you hate to eat it cause it looks so good. I will say it was just a tad pricey, but not too bad!

The hotel has a nice pool with a jaccuzi/hot tub. The bar area was real nice! Again...service excellent.

There are plenty of restaurants in the area within a 3 block area. An Irish restaurant 3 blocks away with authentic celtic food and a nice continental casual rest. in the middle of a strip mall that had 20 tap beers and great reasonably priced food. The Bimini boatyard restaurant was very expensive. One round of drinks(one miller light and a wine spritzer) $12.00 inc. tip. We looked at the menu...very pricey! We pretty much figured our dinner tab with drinks and dessert and tip would have topped $150.00 . We opted for the Irish rest. and spent $61.00 for a great meal, drinks, dessert and tip.

The Marriot Marina was on the same side of the street and was the very next hotel to the east. We stayed there pre-cruise April 23rd. It was very nice, but IMHO, the edge goes to Renaissance!

I hope this reassures you that you all did well!

P.S. We paid $75.00 plus taxes.

The Renaissance does not have a shuttle from the airport. From reading these boards it should only cost about $10 from the airport to the hotel. As far as shuttling to the port I remember reading somewhere that they will do it for $3 per person. We are just going to do a cab and leave when we want to leave and not be on someone elses schedule. I figure it couldn't cost $10 to get to the port.

I checked with a limo service and they want $30 to go from the airport to the hotel and another $30 from the hotel to the port.

I understand that there are places around for a light snack within walking distance.

I am just thrilled that there is a Starbuck's inside the hotel. I could live on those!!!icon_biggrin.gif

Nordic Empress 3/03

Star Princess 10/03

Legend of the Seas 9/04

Parents 60th Anniversary Cruise

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=800080&cdt=2004;09;05;17;0;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Dawn Princess 11/04 Thanksgiving Cruise with Family

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=800080&cdt=2004;11;23;17;0;00&timezone=GMT-0500

We will be there for the first time in Feb. so this is just what I have read. No shuttle from the airport, but it is fairly close so the taxi ride wouldn't cost too much. There is a shuttle to the port for $3pp, I think. The cab ride is supposed to be $5. Everything I've read says it is really good. We got it for $82 on priceline. Oh, and I think there is an Outback close by, but that might have been Embassy Suites which we ended up with for post-cruise.

LindaKE

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=0000ff&cdt=2005;2;6;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Until Star Princess

Sun Princess(Alaska)

Carnival Inspiration

Thank you everyone for your help. Now I'm really happy that Priceline upgraded us....it sounds like a great hotel!

NCL Dreamward 07/1995

Horizon 08/1996

Triumph 09/1999

Princess Grand 05/2001

Nordic Empress 07/2002

Princess Grand 12/2002

beachlovergirl,

I hope that I was able to help you! That makes my day!

dcourt, I don't remember a starbucks, but we departed early early AM and could have missed it!

Hi LindaKE,

I am not sure about the cab fare and such, but I can tell you that it is so so close to the port entrance; you must be very right about the fares!

You are also correct about the OUTBACK. It is a long three bocks away on the opposite side of the street. There is also a large restaurant by the name of "HOPS". It is two blocks away on the opposite side of the street from the hotel also, in the same plaza is the casual restaurant I mentioned earlier. For the heck of me I am stuck for the name of that place for the moment!!! But as an example, they offered 1lbs. of snow crab legs for $5.95 with drawn butter, lemon and even wet naps! LOL

Three orders and six beers later....I was a happy husband heading back to the hotel with my bride!LOL

Safe and happy travels to all!

Wow...snow crab legs for $5.95 sounds good to me....I love them and around here they're triple that price ! Thanks again.

NCL Dreamward 07/1995

Horizon 08/1996

Triumph 09/1999

Princess Grand 05/2001

Nordic Empress 07/2002

Princess Grand 12/2002

Good Morning everybody! Patty just recalled the name of that restaurant in the shopping plaza that serves every type of american continental food you can think of...DURTY HARRY'S! (Seafood, Steaks, Chicken, Chops, Ribs, Sandwiches, chicken wings,etc..).Large portions at great prices and friendly service. Did I say 20 different beers on tap!

last year we stayed at the embassy suites and

we ate at the outback which was very good.

i recall the irish pub but not "durty harrys"'

where is it in relation to the embassy suites

and the renaissance? just booked the renaissance

for nov.- $80.00. on priceline.

Hi mappa2,

Across the street from the Irish Rest. on 17th street is a U-shaped single level outdoor "MALL'. Durty Harrys is at the back of the U or at the bottom of the U as you are looking at the shopping plaza(MALL) from 17th street. If you went even further west down 17th street, you would come upon OUTBACK!

In relation to Rennaisance or Marriot Marina...Go out to 17th street, walk 2-3 blocks west, look across the street at the U-shaped shopping plaza. It is the same Plaza that the restaurant HOPS is in. HOPS is right on the street, D.H. is at the back of the U-shaped plaza. You can not see it from the street. A lot of locals go there and they were friendly as could be!

P.S. It really is spelled DURTY HARRYS(not dirty)

and don't forget Joe's for a great breakfast or lucnh. Also got this hotel for pre-cruise in December, 2 nights at $62 each.

Norway QE2

Imagination Voyager

Ocean Princess Explorer

Radiance Oceana

Golden Princess Navigator

Tahitian Princess

QM2 Millenium

• 4 weeks later...

Archived