Cruise Critic Community
watsup

"Folk Art" at Cockleshell Beach

There is a little "shack" near the Reggae Beach Bar where "Fernando" sells what I call "folk art". In other words, he makes his paintings out of his home. They are palm trees and sunsets and a pirate ship in the background. Perhaps they could even be seen as "cheesy". Then again, I wouldn't have a Thomas Kinkade painting anywhere near my house, and he sells them by the hundreds of thousands. Talk about cheesy!

Give Fernando's paintings a look-see. He uses some striking colors and I think he captures the essence of the islands.

There is a little "shack" near the Reggae Beach Bar where "Fernando" sells what I call "folk art". In other words, he makes his paintings out of his home. They are palm trees and sunsets and a pirate ship in the background. Perhaps they could even be seen as "cheesy". Then again, I wouldn't have a Thomas Kinkade painting anywhere near my house, and he sells them by the hundreds of thousands. Talk about cheesy!

Give Fernando's paintings a look-see. He uses some striking colors and I think he captures the essence of the islands.

Do you have any pictures?