Anyone had their luggage taken to airport by cruise line?

I wish Southwest participated :( cause I would do it in a heartbeat!!!
Yes, I agree!!

Even though Southwest is my favorite airline, it is unfortunate at times that they don't "play well with others"! :D

To OP -- we used the service in Miami after sailing on the Liberty and it was awesome!!

We used it on the 2/26 sailing of the Oasis and it was fabulous. It is $20 UNLESS you are a suite passenger, in which case its complimentary (don't know if it also is complimentary for D or D+). We were flying first class so no baggage fees, and all we had to do was note that on our form (since we also gave our reservation numbers they may also have checked that way) and were never charged anything. It was a FABULOUS choice -- no searching around for the bags in terminal, no dragging them through customs or loading them into the cab, AND they not only check your bags but give you your boarding pass, so no having to check in at the airport. We actually moved our flight from 11:15 am to 1:45 pm to be able to use the program, and worried at one point that it was stupid to delay the flight that long just to use Luggage Valet, but it was the best travel decision we ever made (other than booking the Oasis in the first place). Highly recommend it.

We used the Luggage Valet service for our February Navigator of the Seas cruise and Southwest definitely participated because we flew Southwest (out of FLL). It was a very simple, positive experience. One that we would definitely repeat in the future. A nice perk of the program is that you can depart at your own leisure because you are essentially doing self-disembark but without having to lug your bags everywhere (i.e. we could take the stairs instead of having to wait forever for an elevator.) It was well worth the money to us!

According to the RCI website, Southwest is not showing up as a participating airline. Did you get your information on-board???

On NOS at Port Everglades, our flight had to be after 2 pm. We tried this with a 1:58 fight ( really!) and it was rejected, no one told us, and so we never got our color tags, times and we were charged $40. For some reason Guest Services couldn't remove it. We only tried it to get the boarding passes, as we carry almost no luggage, so in the end we just carried our own stuff off when we felt like it. Once home a call to C & A removed the charge, because GS had made a note. ( nobody could tell me why GS couldn't do it?) So be sure your flight is after 2 pm ( or whatever time specified by the program)!

We used it from the Oasis in December out of Fort Lauderdale for Delta. It was great not having to deal with the bag check line at FLL!!!!!!! We were charged $20 per person plus the baggage fee (even though we don't pay a baggage fee because of the Delta AX we have). (RCCL should have seen this when they checked us in, since no fee will come up, but it was on our final bill).

They also print out your boarding passes. Waiting in line at Guest Services to get the baggage fee (and the towel fee that also shouldn't have been on there) taken off was alot faster than at the airport. There are time parameters for flights, which I can't remember. There is also information on the envelope that they leave with you the last evening. Be sure to read everything on it, as it states if your flight is after a certain time, you need to go through customs with it prior to it being picked up by Luggage Valet. Unfortunately, I did not read that part until we were taxiing down the runway, but our bags did get to our destination. Overall, WOULD HIGHLY RECOMMEND this service!

We've used it twice as it was offered. LOVED IT!

One thing needs to be remembered though. Be sure to leave a change of cloting out for your departure day before you set your bags out the night prior to your departure. You might have an embarrasing departure the next day otherwise.

This is a fantastic service . We used on Freedom last October and again

in March this year on Oasis. $20pp was a fantastic value IMO. Boarding

passes printed and luggage taken night before and pick up at arrival airport. We had midafternoon flights and glad we didn't have to lug it around with us. You will be charged baggage check in fees on the card

you used for your seapass. Will use it again and again. :)

We used it back in September from Port Canaveral on Delta. Will use it again (if we can) in November. It was worth the $20.00 - we didn't even note on the form that our baggage fees should be waived because we're SkyMiles members, but it was! Super easy for us.

Does anyone know if you can use the service if you're flying out early the day after disembarkation? We dock Sunday in Port Canaveral but are planning to stay that night in Orlando and fly out at 630 on Monday. If it were doable, we'd just keep a change of clothes in our carry-on and send the larger bags with luggage valet.

I'm so glad so many had a great experience with it. We thought so too - boarding passes printed out, not having to worry about when to get off the ship, lugging to the airport, etc. in Ft. Lauderdale off the Oasis in November. Unfortunately, we stood at the baggage claim in the Philly airport while everyone else left, waited for the next flight, still no bags. After 2 days of getting the run around on the phone between the airport, RCCL, C&A, they finally found our bags were left behind at the cruise terminal. The luggage arrived by UPS on our doorstep 5 days after we disembarked.

Although it took a lot of phone calls they finally refunded our $20 pp fee and airport baggage fees. It was a very frustrating end to a glorious cruise.:(

Did it with Carnival last year! It was great. Last time I saw my luggage was outside my cabin the night before and the next time I saw it was at the airport, at home! It was great. Don't need the service this time as I am sailing from Baltimore and I live in Baltimore. Would use it I had to. Well worth the extra few dollars.

After 2 days of getting the run around on the phone between the airport, RCCL, C&A, they finally found our bags were left behind at the cruise terminal. The luggage arrived by UPS on our doorstep 5 days after we disembarked.

Although it took a lot of phone calls they finally refunded our $20 pp fee and airport baggage fees. It was a very frustrating end to a glorious cruise.:(

Sorry to hear you had trouble. Obviously RCCL's fault in this case. However, this kind of thing happens with the airlines too. All too often as I'm sure you know. :(

Did this once in Alaska. Left bag outside the door, then we found our bag was on a different plane to OHare. When we dot there, we told the agent that we needed to be home so they delivered the bag to our house the next day. Talk about service - leave bad outside stateroom and have it delivered to home! Used it this past weekend off the Allure. Everything was great. Flights have certain time restrictions.

Does anyone know if you can use the service if you're flying out early the day after disembarkation? We dock Sunday in Port Canaveral but are planning to stay that night in Orlando and fly out at 630 on Monday. If it were doable, we'd just keep a change of clothes in our carry-on and send the larger bags with luggage valet.

Sadly no. I believe your flight has to be by midnight the same day as disembarkation. I think it also has to be after noon that day as well.

Erika

Do all ships participate in this? We will be on Oasis in May and we are flying on Delta. After we leave the ship, our flight doesn't leave for home until 4:30. Would we just use the luggage valet for the checked luggage and keep the carryons with us? Does the $20 fee apply to just one bag per person?

Do all ships participate in this? We will be on Oasis in May and we are flying on Delta. After we leave the ship, our flight doesn't leave for home until 4:30. Would we just use the luggage valet for the checked luggage and keep the carryons with us? Does the $20 fee apply to just one bag per person?

No. This is not a service provided by all cruise lines, or on all cruises. You need to check the availability of this service before you leave.

We did this on our last two cruises and absolutely loved it. The first time we tried it we were in a family suite (so no extra charge) and are now spoiled.

You do have to remember to retrieve your bags at the port and drop them off in the appropriate place.

It really makes the travel day a little less stressful, which is a great thing and well worth the extra charge (if applicable).

Has anyone tried the program where the cruise line takes your luggage to the airport and checks it in for you? We thought about doing this on our most recent cruise but hesitated thinking there might be a problem. What has been your experience? We have another cruise scheduled and may try this if responce is positive. Thanks.

Did it and would do it again in a heartbeat. Walk of the ship ride to the airport and meet your bags at the baggage carousel at the end. It's a beautiful thing.

Has anyone tried the program where the cruise line takes your luggage to the airport and checks it in for you? We thought about doing this on our most recent cruise but hesitated thinking there might be a problem. What has been your experience? We have another cruise scheduled and may try this if responce is positive. Thanks.

Was awesome..... United/MIA and plane change in DEN to PDX.... all 4 pieces arrived with us on the plane no problems.

And did take advantage of the luggage valet program, in short...heavensent, it was wonderful:)

How do you find out if your particular cruise offers this?

Sun Lover, I think the poster that responded to you thought you were asking if every ship sailing in the Caribbean offered the program. The Oasis does offer it, on every Oasis cruise. You need to make sure that your flight is on one of the participating airlines, and at the times allowable for the program (after 11:30 am for a flight out of FLL, or 2 pm for a flight out of Miami). If you meet those criteria, you can use the program.

Archived