Where to stay night before cruise departing Port of Miami

psygist

Will be flying into Ft. Lauderdale the day before a cruise that departs from the Port of Miami. We will be staying in Miami Beach AFTER the cruise, so don't want to go there before the cruise.

Should we stay around Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, or somewhere else? We would like to be able to spend the afternoon and evening with some place to go, something to do, etc. Wouldn't mind spending the day in Ft. Lauderdale (Riverwalk, etc.) but wonder if we should stay closer to the Port of Miami.

Any suggestions are appreciated!

If you are flying into FLL it is easier to stay there and then shuttle with SAS (www.ridesas.com) or QLS (www.qualitylimoservice.com ) the next day - typical fares are about $15 per person each way for the 30-40 minute drive to POM. Both can also shuttle you back to FLL after your cruise if desired.

Good luck! :)

We too are flying in Ft lauderdale and taking SAS to Miami. We have arranged for SAS to pick us up from our hotel. We are staying in Ft Lauderdale prior and our hotel is by the water causeway. There are water taxis to take you to nearby places. Our hotel has 40 dining options and a grocery store all in walking distance.

We are flying into Ft. Lauderdale also. We enjoy staying in Miami because my daughters really enjoy Bayside at night. I know alot of people really don't care for Bayside but my daughter's love it.

Hi All,

We too love the Bayside Market . The Hotel that I like to stay inn is the Holiday Inn Port Of Miami...Right across from Bayside Market. Also If you like Mambo's Café has some of the best Cuban food around---Cheap...

Pete

We too are flying in Ft lauderdale and taking SAS to Miami. We have arranged for SAS to pick us up from our hotel. We are staying in Ft Lauderdale prior and our hotel is by the water causeway. There are water taxis to take you to nearby places. Our hotel has 40 dining options and a grocery store all in walking distance.

What is the name of the hotel that is on the water causeway?

It's by the causeway, just a couple blocks away. Embassy Suites 17th st causeway. Cooked to order breakfast and manager's reception included in room rate.

Do you mean on the river on Las Olas? That is The Riverside Hotel.

On the Intracoastal Waterway on the water taxi route is the Gallery One Doubletree.

It's by the causeway, just a couple blocks away. Embassy Suites 17th st causeway. Cooked to order breakfast and manager's reception included in room rate.

No, the Embassy is not close.

Do you mean on the river on Las Olas? That is The Riverside Hotel.

On the Intracoastal Waterway on the water taxi route is the Gallery One Doubletree.

No, the Embassy is not close.

Embassy Suites is 4 blocks away from the cruise port.

Looking for something that will sleep 4 or 6 with 2 bathrooms.

Anyone have a recomendation?

Would like to stay close to the port.

Thanks

I think the Sonesta in Coconut Grove is the only hotel I can think of with actual condos.

Also try The Epic and The Viceroy. I think they also are the property management with on property condos.

You may be better off with two hotel rooms and kudos to you for thinking the bathroom issue through!

The poster asked about a post I made earlier in the thread and I was responding. Now, we can move on.

There is no such animal as a water causeway. There are causeways and waterways. A causeway is a strip of land or a berm that is a land bridge. A waterway is a body of water that is marked that you can navigate.

I live part time in Fort Lauderdale and my family is in Miami so I think I know what I'm talking about.

17th Street is not on the water. A small part goes over the Intracoastal Waterway but that is it so insinuating 17th Street is on the water is incorrect.

Archived