1-A on Conquest Class: 1211 or 1212

Topo Gigio

1 bed + 1 sofa made out as a bed. The bed is definitely more comfy. Ours were arranged lengthwise instead of of side x side, making a long, narrow room. Our sofa was left made out as a bed the entire cruise. If the seas are rough at all, expect motion and noise. At first, we thought the noise was doors slamming, but it was the ship and crashing waves. We love porthole cabins, but ... a few doors down would have been much better. Not complaining, but probably would not book again.

These are 1As... so I dont know how you are clicking thru, but they are lucky to have two beds on the floor, even if one isnt a twin.

These cabin will show that they only have a porthole window(ONLY diamond symbol), while some of the other 1-A cabins will show that they have a porthole window (diamond symbol) and a twin and a sofa (1/2 diamond symbol)

Deck plans never show 1As correctly as there is no symbol for two twins, its just assumed on 4A and up.

Thats why I gave you the link to show which 1As are which and what the bed configuration is. We made the chart I linked to above because of the confusion over 1As. Did you look at the chart?

Deck plans never show 1As correctly as there is no symbol for two twins, its just assumed on 4A and up.

Thats why I gave you the link to show which 1As are which and what the bed configuration is. We made the chart I linked to above because of the confusion over 1As. Did you look at the chart?

Yes, but on the deck plan it says s.t. different.Like I said just ONLY the diamond symbol for those two 1-A cabins meaning a porthole window and nothing else, while some other 1-A cabins show both diamond and 1/2 diamond symbol meaning a twin and a sofa.. Yes I know that there are no symbols for two twins.

Yes, but on the deck plan it says s.t. different.Like I said just ONLY the diamond symbol for those two 1-A cabins meaning a porthole window and nothing else, while some other 1-A cabins show both diamond and 1/2 diamond symbol meaning a twin and a sofa.. Yes I know that there are no symbols for two twins.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=839087&highlight=6393

both show as one twin and one convertible sofa, same except opposite side of the ship.

Did you look at the chart?

Here is the description that I got from the "goccl" site for those two cabins on the Conquest.... It actually shows that these two cabins are an upper and a lower.

Cabin 1211 1A OSUL 185 sq ft

Beds: 1 twin-1 upper rab:0

View: 2 portholes

TV; telephone; 110 AC current; individual climate control; hair dryer; safe; minibar; 3-closets; shower;

sofa and coffee table

Cabin 1212 1A OSUL 185 sq ft

Beds: 1 twin-1 upper rab:0

TV; telephone; 110 AC current; individual climate control; hair dryer; safe; minibar; 3-closets; shower;

sofa and coffee table

These other 1A cabins show a Lower and a sofa bed

Cabin 1207 1A OSLS 185 sq ft

Beds: 1 twin-1 sofabed rab:0

sofa and coffee table

Cabin 1208 1A OSLS 185 sq ft

Beds: 1 twin-1 sofabed rab:0

sofa and coffee table

I always research cabin on this website before I actually end up booking. I just change out the ship name(s) to get access to the cabin info on the ship(s) I am considering when I start planning my next cruise.

https://www.goccl.com/irman/bookccl/the_fleet/conquest/conquest.htm

I always research cabin on this website before I actually end up booking. I just change the ship name(s) to get access to the cabin info on the ship(s) I am considering.

https://www.goccl.com/irman/bookccl/the_fleet/conquest/conquest.htm

Which is exactly why we started the thread I posted ... so many of the cabin descriptions on Carnival are inaccurate.

I did a search on 1212, and found this in less than a minute .. showing the info on Carnival is not to be trusted.

• 9 months later...

We had cabin 1211 on the Freedom and it was really nice. There is one bed and the sofa, but they put the mattress on the sofa for the second bed... Which was not as comfortable but it was ok. The room actually has more space than other cabins so we liked that.

But too add, there is a bunk up in the ceiling. Yes, totally flush with the ceiling that can be pulled down. I asked the steward and they said it was easier to use the couch. But they did only allow 2 in this cabin.

It is very noisy when they dock and when the waves hit the water it sounds like they've run over a whale... I was worried about the motion so far up, but on this ship it was not bad at all. The weather was good also, so that helped. I would not want to be up there in bad weather, it did move more than midship of course...

I'm trying to attack a pic for you... I was really worried about this cabin. But it was all they had to booking last minute. But it turned out great for us. If we can save $100 and do this again on a ship this size we def. will...

The pics want copy... but if you wanna email me I'll send you pics... just look up my website royal tee poms, my email is listed...

Also, let me add, thou I was pleased with the cabin I did not enjoy the cruise and will probably never do carnival again. Sorry Carnival...

Angela

Which is exactly why we started the thread I posted ... so many of the cabin descriptions on Carnival are inaccurate.

I did a search on 1212, and found this in less than a minute .. showing the info on Carnival is not to be trusted.

These photos of 1212 clearly show one pull down upper bed and a non-convertible sofa.

In the 1As that I have been in on Conquest and Triumph, the beds in rooms with a pulldown have the headboard on a front or rear wall. The beds with convertible sofas have the headboards on a side wall.

Photo is cabin 2216 on Conquest with convertible sofa.

PS. My wife likes a soft bed and I like a firm bed so when I booked the cabin I agreed to take the sofa. When we got there she found the sofa was softer and more comfortable than the bed so she took the sofa side and I liked the firmness of the bed.

1359744814_p005(Large).jpg.c9d7ce2474a9702fab2a09de642bc61d.jpg

Archived