Not so Normal Must Pack Items?

jamiehaas27

You will get a lot of responses from people here that will say you "must have" a power strip, an over the door show holder, sanitary wipes....... The list goes on and on. The only items that I bring that are not clothes are a camera and binoculars. The camera for obvious reasons. The binoculars, they're great for seeing things that you can't see well enough with the naked eye. I am up early every morning to watch as we pull into port. I use the binoculars to view the island and the crew as we're pulling in. I also take them with me on sight seeing shore excursions. On the few occasions where we've had dolphins swimming next to the ship, binoculars gave us a much better view.

I like to pack:

Highlighter - to mark things I don't want to miss in the Cruise Compass

Scentsy travel tin - fragrance for the room

Lysol wipes for cabin and also individually wrapped wipes to use on excursions

Mini flashlight when I have inside cabin

Extra batteries for camera

Dollar bills for tipping

Sunscreen

First aid items which I have a small zippered pouch I put them in that fits in purse or fanny pack- bandaids, Neosporin ointment, Advil or Tylenol, Immodium, antiseptic wipes, eye drops (Visine)

But we always pack yahtzee. We play outside on the balcony on the little table. :D

Ah, so YOU'RE the ones making all that dice rolling racket! ;)

(ok, I'm kidding, I'm only ever annoyed by yahtzee on an airplane)

Packed a power strip once on Celebrity, never needed it.

Always take my 4 inch magnifying mirror, suction cups attach to mirror for make up.

Celebrity provided bino's but taking my own next time.

Love our mini i-Pod speakers.

Small denomination euros, dollars etc for tipping room service.

Don't forget charger or batteries for camera, don't want to miss a thing.

I like OP idea of mini medical baggie. If you pack it you won't need it; if you don't someone is going to get a scrape/cut etc.

Wow, a dry erase pen for the mirror!! Thats one I never thought of or read anywhere! Im packing mine now!

Everyone else mentioned many of my must brings. Down to the magnifying mirror/tweezer. Highlighter, POWER STRIP is a must, binoculars too, WIPES a must to wipe down the cabin, shower puff and body soap and DEFNITELY Bath & body works little room spray! Small first aid kit, zip loc baggies assorted sizes, FASHION TAPE, [if we;re not flying- inflatable rafts or tubes for the beach], TOWELS- alspo when not flying.

Oh boy, the list goes on. :)

Small power strip.

I've found a small powerstrip is never a bad idea when traveling. I've stayed in many hotels with just one outlet by the desk, and if you have one in the airport you can make tons of friends (especially if you're heading through SeaTac :rolleyes:)

We always take at least one pop up hamper, it folds flat for the suitcase and doesn't weigh but a few ounces. It is great, when it gets full during the cruise I pack the dirty clothes in a suitcase it saves alot of time and keeps your stateroom tidy. We also have a very handy luggage scale that we can't do with out. It straps on the handle of your suitcase and you lift it to see how heavy your luggage is, way better than being in the airport trying to shift things around at baggage check-in.

Don't forget an ipod (or mp3) charger, we did once and I thought my DH was going to go crazy.

A battery operated clock that you can see in the middle of the night..the one on the phone doesn't cut it

Clippy clothes pins...we have 4 people in our cabin and that many swimsuits can't just hang on the clothes line in the bathroom...we used them all the time to maximize space.

FYI - they take power strips now, but we got away with one of those tri plug things that plugs into one socket to make it 3.

Flashlight

Nightlight so the kids can see in the middle of the night

Sandwich/ziploc bags...never know when you will need them

We take a big yard garbage bag to put dirty clothes in. When the bag gets full we fill a suitcase.

Hope that helps.

FARKLE (dice game)

PUFFS--have to have MY Puffs!!!

cheap rain ponchos

little popup containers to hold all the dailys and stuff

name tag for the Meet n Greet--have had it for the last 4 cruises

absolute must packs:

luggage scale

over-the door clear pocket shoe holder

What are your not so usual items that you must pack for your cruise?

IMHO, everything listed on the post is totally useless and is silly to bring. Postits - use the free pads. Highlighters - they supply ball point pens. A hamper - just bring a plastic bag. Etc., etc., etc. The only useful thing on any of these posts is lots of $1 bills.

DON

Archived