Cruise Critic Community

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

bandit0000

Ww Needs Buddies To Lose Alot Of Weight For Nov 27th Cruise. Anyone Interested?

Hi,

I need to lose alot of weight prior to my November cruise (50lbs).

I have promised myself that I will not go on another cruise feeling and looking big. (I have been saying this for the past 11 cruises).

I feel I am missing out by feeling this way and do not enjoy my holiday as much as I should.

I go to WW, but am suffering from a distinct lack of motivation and will power.

Does anyone else feel the same?

Perhaps we could do weekly/monthly weigh ins and support each other.

What do you think, anyone interested?

Hope to hear from you,

Lisa.;)

I am looking to get into Weight Watchers. I've done a lot of fad diets in the past but none really have worked for me. I'm looking to lose about 25-30 pounds by my December 10th cruise. I work at Cigna and we have free registration fees at WW but I don't know if I can get to the meetings every week. I'd definitely like to hear what your experience with WW is and maybe we can help each other.

:)

Barb

Hi I'm looking to lose some weight prior to my August cruise. I have done WW online and need help getting motivated to get restarted again! So I figured a cruise is a good motivator! So I'd be willing to join an online Cruise to lose group just for the motivation and support.

Janet

My name is Lisa (also) and I want to lose at least 50 (also) by January 06. I did WW before and loved it and had great success-never got to goal because I get bored easily and fall off the wagon over and over again. I am going to try to do it without meetings (I have paid for the same 20 lbs at least 8 times-my own fault).

I want to lose it for the cruise but my main reason is for my health and my new career I will be starting. I will (hopefully) graduate from RN nursing school in March 2006-so this is my celebration vacation and first time cruise for me and hubby. I am extremely excited and desperatly want to enjoy it so, time to get honest with myself and start a program. It is really hard to diet while going to night school!

I think we can be a great support to each other!!

:D You are not alone.......

Hi,

It was really lovely to hear from you, I have tried many diets but always come back to WW as I find it easy to follow. Just stop eating when you've had your points.

I think we should arrange a day when we all have a weigh in and then take it from there. What do you think a good day will be for you all?

Cheers,

Lisa:)

I have been on weight watchers for 2 years. I have successfully lost 92 pounds. I still want to lose at least ten pounds. What has helped me is exercise. I have made that a priority. Also trying new recipes has helped. Go to DWLZ.com for recipes. I made the chicken strogenoff in the slow cooker and my family loved it. Weightwatchers.com is a great site too. Go to the chat boards. People are so helpful. Feel free to ask me anything. My email is jessicahphillips@hotmail.com. Good luck.

Weight Watchers is a great program and I am up for a monthly weigh in. I have been on WW before,never reached goal. But I rejoined,online only on Dec. 27,2004 and I am down 12 pounds. I am pleased with this loss because the more likely I am to keep it off. Fad diets don't work,eating properly does..

If anyone is up for a monthly weigh in we could begin this coming Saturday the 26th as that is my weigh in day and do a montly check every month around that date,or weekly if you prefer. My email address is kitkat4622@yahoo.com for anyone who is interested.

kitty

Hello everyone,

Well, I am not on WW, I am on LA Weightloss, but I would love to be part of your weigh-ins. I joined LA in late Jan. and have already lost 21 lbs. My goal is to lose about 50 more by my Oct. 30th cruise. My first cruise was last Nov. with my husband (honeymoon) and although I made a commitment to myself to have fun no matter how I looked, looking back at the pictures I am not happy with my appearance. So, hopefully this time will be different.

Okay,I am going to weigh in on Saturday March 26 and post it here. Is anyone with me on this?

Kitty

I have learned from experience that you have to want to do it. I quit smoking over 2 years ago and that was the hardest thing I have ever done in my life, but I was ready and WANTED to do it. Now back to weight loss, I have loss over a 100 pounds in less than a year. I did this by not eating. I was taking diet pills and I had no appetite. I gained it all back, and then some. I am now on a diet the right way losing slow and exercising. I have lost 36 pounds since before Thanksgiving, and I feel great. I have read all of your threads and you need to lose weight to be healthy and because you want to or you are setting your self up for defeat. I am also going on a cruise in Nov. and would like to be done to my goal weight by then, but I am not doing it because of the cruise. I would like to participate with all of you on losing weight. I hope I have not been to hard on all of you I am just stating the facts as I know them. Now, let's lose some weight!!!!!!!

I am not losing just for the cruise either. I have gained over 60 lbs over the past three years and I am just ready for it to go away. I lost my job a few years back and was unemployed for 6 months, that's when the weight came. I thought that once I started working again it would slowly go away, but three and a half years later it's still here and I'm sorry but it has outworn it's welcome. The cruise is just my reward at the end. Actually, all the cute clothes I get to buy for the cruise is my reward. And, I hate to say it, but knowing that I get to buy those clothes and wear them on the cruise is a very big motivator for me. I may just have to take another cruise next year to keep myself motivated. :D Just kidding. Weightloss is important for me. I am newly married and want to have a child within the next few years and I don't want to be unhealthy to start with. Anyway, I am up for the weighin. We weigh 3 times a week at LA, so I will post my fridays weight. Good luck to all of you, we can do this and we are gonna drop some jaws on those cruise ships.:cool:

I too am not losing just for the cruise,if that were the case I would have done it for my last cruise. I quit smoking 14 years ago,gained weight and was up to 221,not good on a 5'1" frame. I lost weight with WW and have been up and down since then. I am not motivated enough to want to be at my best by the time I hit my 50's in a couple of years. WW is a way of living not a "diet" and it is not restrictive. congrats to those who have lost and here's to those who are continuing on this weight loss journey. Onward and downward.

Kitty

Hi all, I am on WW and will be cruising in September. I would love to be part of the "group". I can offer recipes and I can tweak recipes to help make them more WW friendly. It would be great to have some buddies out there. I need to lose about 50 pounds too, but am willing to take them off 1 at a time. I have lost 5 pounds on WW in 6 weeks but have been on 2 other trips and didn't gain any weight those weeks! You can email me at kristie_powell@sbcglobal.net if you want, Kristie

Ok, here is my weighin! I have maintained a 21 pound loss all week. I didn't gain but I didn't lose either. I was hoping to be down 25 lbs. by today, but what can I say? At least I didn't gain, right!:(

A maintain is definitely better than a gain...I lost .8 this week for a total of 31.8 pounds.....

That's really good! I would have been happier with the .8 loss. Now all I want to do is pig out!:eek:

kitkat - not at all! I am on LA Weightloss. So far it's been great, I just hit a plateu (sp).

Plateaus are tough,but usually if you continue to do what you are doing eventurally it starts to drop off again....

Kitty

Hi,

I am so glad you have all responded to my thread, I was beginning to lose hope.

You have inspired me to properly start my weight watchers plan tomorrow and I will weigh in then and post it here.

You all seem to be doing so well, so well done and starting tomorrow I will join you!

Cheers and keep up the good work.

Lisax:D

I am not a weight watchers loser, however I'd like to join the thread if you wouldn't mind! I need to keep accountable with people and to be encouraged. I too would like to go on the cruise without feeling big. I currently weigh about 235, and ideally, I'd love to be around 150 again, but....I'm just going to set small goals and re-adjust as I attain them. Perhaps my first goal should be getting down to 225. 10 lbs, that's small and something I should be able to conquer! How are you all doing? I've been trying to start losing since Christmas, and find it extremely difficult (I'm a 21 yo from Chicago area). I'm working as a swim coach this summer, and will be in a suit swimming with my team to help them get moving as well, so hopefully that will be beneficial to me! TIA!

-Holi

Welcome to our little group....we are here to support each other in the weight loss process no matter what plan you are following. I also think you are smart to set small goals. I find bigger goals way too overwhelming so I usually set myself goals of 5 or 10 pounds at a time....

kitty

This is just the group I've been looking for. I'd like to lose 40 more lbs before my cruise in Nov. We're also doing Alaska in June and my goal is 20 before that cruise.

I've been on/off WW for about 3 yrs and restarted on Jan 2nd of this year. So far, so good. This group is what i need to stay accountable.

How come nobody else has weighed in?? I thought we were all gonna post our weights on Sat. Where is everyone? I just had a meeting this morning at LA and I lost 1.6 over the weekend. I feel much better now that I've broken my plateu.:cool:

Wow, Sara, that's great. I was down half a pound at my weigh in on Friday and considering the choices I've made lately, I was happy with it. Sounds like you are doing great with LA Weight Loss..