Ww Needs Buddies To Lose Alot Of Weight For Nov 27th Cruise. Anyone Interested?

bandit0000

Oops, I forgot to tell you what I ordered on Newport News. I ordered a Bateau-neck tunic rib-knit cotton long sleeve in expresso, white and black it was only $12.00 dollars a piece if you go on there website the order number is q1k0282, check it out and tell me what you think?? I obviously did not order it for the cruise, but I will enjoy wearing it at work.

See you later,

Ana:cool:

Hey guys. I have been busy trying to get ready for the cruise. I am still making progress and feeling really good about it. I have been addicted to boiled cabbage for dinner almost every night this week. I put that butter sprinkle on them and I feel like I am in heaven. I found this lean ham cubes which are 1pt per ounce and throw that in at the end to warm it up. yummy,

Anyway, I thought I would check in and tell all you losers congrats.

I will check back later

Dee

Thanks ladies for your encouraging words about my son.The women and men serving in our country arm forces do a wonderful job.I'm doing ww and i've reduced my points lower than they should be and I never eat all of them but I am what I am and thats a snacker but I do incorparate them in my points for the day.

Maria, WW told me last week to add the points from exercising and eat them as well as my flex points and last week i lost 1.8 and (drum roll please) i lost 3.6 today!!!!:D :D

I didn't check your clothes Ana, but I will another time. I'm having company tonight and I had to go see my daughter's game, so now I'm behind the clock. I'm always up early, but I leave for work at 6:30 so that's why you never see me post that early. I don't get on the computer 'til I get to work at 7:30.

Dee, I love cabbage, but by itself? hmmm, interesting. sounds good!

Ok, guys I'll be back tomorrow........keep up the good work all!

Ronni

Hi Everyone,

Weighed in this morning and was down 1.8 lbs which was amazing considering I fell off the wagon and onto a pizza last weekend.

I see everyone is really working hard to get the weight off and that's great.

I'm really sorry to hear that some of you are having illness in your family. It's really impressive that you're staying focussed with so much stress in your life.

Ronni and Ana- walking and working out and getting to work at the crack of dawn- OMG! I feel like such a slacker. I'm just not a morning person I guess. I always walk late in the evening. I find it helps me sleep.

Put on some pants today that I haven't been able to wear since July 2004.

. I'm having to work really long hours right now to be sure that everything is all done before we cruise in December.

Next weekend is Canadian Thanksgiving and my birthday. Big challenge ahead.

Not to mention a week of management meetings in Banff in November. I'll have to focus, focus, focus.

Have a good week everyone. Best wishes to all of your families.

Brenda

Good job with everybody's weightloss!!! Ronni, and you thought it couldn't be done! WOO HOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 3.8 POUNDS that's amazing, WAY TO GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Get moving, it always works. I see that goal of yours getting closer and closer.;)

I had a pretty good day yesterday, I went on a long walk, I probably over did it, but that is okay I really enjoyed myself. Now, I have a question? Since you all have started your WOE and exercising have you noticed that you are sweating less than when you began???? I used to sweat a lot when I first started exercising and have noticed I am not sweating like I used to, and it is not that I am not hydrated, because I drink plenty of water(over 100 oz a day).

QVC is having there big silver day. I don't know how many of you like to wear silver but if you do, you need to tone in they are having it all day. I like to wear silver, and gold I usually mix it up and wear silver one day and gold the next depending on what I am wearing.

Okay, I need to get the laundry done and start cooking dinner, I am trying to eat dinner before 5:00pm and then maybe have a snack around 6.

I will check in with all of you later,

Ana;)

Thanks everyone for the great encouragement. It helps me to do even better job this coming week and future weeks.

100oz per day??!!!!!!:eek: Holy mackeral! I'm really bad about my water. I drink more than I ever did in the past as practically everything I drink is water, but I don't like water and so I still don't drink the recommended 48 to 64oz per day.:confused: That's another thing WW told me to try to start doing better with.

Ana, I've always been a person who sweats a lot at the least little thing. Even if I'm freezing in the winter I sweat. So, I'm not the one who can answer your question. You should see me on the treadmill or elyptical in the gym! I sometimes look like I just got out of the shower.:eek:

Brenda, I'm starting to get into some of those clothes that haven't fit in a couple of years also. It feels good. My hours are 7:30 - 3:30 and it takes me basically an hour to get to work. Depending on what time I leave work, I'll get home around 4:30 or 5:00. I need to work those hours to be home for the kids afterwards to drive them all over timbuktu! Happy Birthday Brenda. A small treat for yourself isn't going to kill your diet. Allow yourself.;)

I'm not a silver fan, but thanks for the heads up, Ana. I do watch QVC occasionally.

My dinner party went really well, but of course I overdid the eating, but more importantly I overdid the the drinking!

Ronni

Hi,

Thanks for the birthday wishes. I'm forty nine next week. Fifty is getting closer and closer:eek: .

Ana- Unlike Ronni I've never been a person who perspires very much, which can make you very uncomfortable in the hot weather. However, aside from that I don't notice much change in the amount of perspiration. What I do notice is that I'm cold much more often than I used to be and I have a better tolerance for warm weather than when I was at my heaviest.

I guess a change in rate of perspiration and body temperature are both logical results of our bodies having less "cargo" to tote around.:rolleyes:

Saw a fantastic formal dress yesterday- but it's way too early for me to buy a dress. I'll just have to hope that it's still around in November.

Good luck with the water. In the cooler weather, I sometimes have a hrd time getting in 8 glasse of cold water a day , so I start to drink Herbal Tea. As long as there's no caffeine, it can count as water. Lemon and mint are two of my favourites.

Brenda

Congrats all you losers. It feels so good, doesnt it?

I pulled out my old gown, from previous cruise, and I have lossed so much in the back and belly that it was ridiculously long and loose. I took it to have it hemmed. YEAH! I am starting to see results, besides numbers and really feeling good about myself. My birthday was last week and I was very good on my day. I did partake this weekend in a couple small slivers of cake and I feel good about treating myself.

I am hoping to loose another 3 - 4 lbs before the cruise. I want to be in a new number.

Well I have to go pack some more and get ready for bed. Have a great week. I will check back later.

Dee

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO BRENDA AND DEE:)

Brenda, that does make a lot of sense, I to have noticed I am getting colder, I used to be so warm blooded. Well, that's okay because I would get so embarrassed sometimes, because I would sweat over nothing.

Okay, Ronni are you teasing me now? I had to build myself up to the water I drink. I drink on an average 100 oz a day I try to get 4 bottles in which is 32 oz a piece. The days I walk that is no problem, I drink 32 before I leave the house in the morning. When I don't drink the 100 oz I feel dehydrated, I guess my body has gotten used to it. They call my water bottle my baby, I take it with me everywhere I go, just the other day a bunch of us went out to lunch and I sat down at the table and had my water bottle with me. It has to become habit......I guess.

Well. I have to go for my walk I will talk to all of you later.

Ana;)

Happy Birthday to you too, Dee!:) Your gift is one you've given yourself by getting in better shape.:)

Brenda, I keep wanting to buy a new formal dress too, but I keep forcing myself to wait, as Iknow I can lose some more, before I buy. Plus, I also keep asking myself if this is necessary. I mean, maybe I can borrow something and not spend, spend, spend so much! I forget Brenda, when is your cruise and where are you going? Mine's over Thanksgiving week to the Western Caribbean.

No teasing on my end Ana. ;) Still haven't gotten to look at your shirts.:rolleyes:

Didn't go to the gym yesterday, but plan to tonight as well as tomorrow. I'm off from work due to the Jewish holiday. (No, I'm not Jewish, but it sure is nice to be off.)

Ronni

Hi Girls,

Gosh, our trips are coming up so soon!! Sounds like everyone is sticking to their weight loss & doing GRRRRRRRRRREAT!! You all have just been losing and sticking to your plan isn't it great!? I have now lost 26.6 with 8.4 to go!! This week in our meeting our leader spoke about our identity. That when we lose weight that we have to really see ourselves as the thinner person that we have become that we can't keep seeing ourselves as the larger persons that we were. If we continue to do this she said we will never get the thoughts out of our minds that we are no longer overweight people. Which can cause us long term problems with our weight loss goal! I needed to hear that because until I heard her say that I kept seeing myself as the person I was prior to losing the pounds. Thought it was interesting and maybe some of you would like to hear it too!! We are gorgeous, sexy, THIN women!! :D

Life here in this household is busy, 2 boys back in school one playing Mighty Mite football which is 3 days a week then homework! ICK!! I feel like I'm back in 5th grade! :D My oldest is 17 years old do I reaaaaaaally need to say anymore!!

I'm keeping everything crossed for all of you this week with your weigh in's!!!!!! Good LUCK!!!

Hi Everybody,

Islalover -You're right- it's hard to see yourself in a different way. Our meeting leader talked about getting rid of your old "fat clothes". There are two reasons for this- one -it helps to stop you from backsliding and two- your reason- you won't see yourself as that fat person anymore.

My son is twentyfive and lives about 700 miles away. I remember the teenage years a very tough, but at least he was within talking( or yelling) distance.

Ronni- my cruise is 15 fantastic days starting on Dec 18 - round trip from LA to Hawaii and back. It's very hard to wait.

Brenda

Ronni- my cruise is 15 fantastic days starting on Dec 18 - round trip from LA to Hawaii and back. It's very hard to wait.

Brenda

OMG, how great is that? Hawaii for Christmas and New Years!!!:D NOW, I'M envious!!!

I'm nervous this week. I told you had a dinner party on Saturday and I overdid it......well, I was at the gym this morning and the scale showed a 2.5 gain!:eek: I really have to work hard the rest of the week, so that I can at least be even on Saturday! Wish me luck.:eek:

Ronni

Checking in. I can definately tell you that I emotionally eat. Great nes is I finally recognixe it when t is happening and can stop it. YEAH!!!! Still doing good and holding my own. I know I am still large and I am okay with it becasue I am not as large as I was. I am staring to see the loss and it make me feel good. My clothes size vary, but what is important is that they are smaller. I do not seem to be losing in my bust (cup size) and had forgotten how hard it was to buy clothes because of them. drats. I guess you could say I grew into them. HA HA. Anyway, I am really feeling good and eating healthier. I want to be done losing and looking great before I am 50. That is my goal. I do tink losing it slower has been better. I had a doctor ask me if I had considered gastric by-pass. I wanted to ask if he had considered an enlargement surgery for his man hood, but I refrained and told him know.:D For those of you who are having your ups and down, please hang in there. I am living proof that it will work if you keep trying. You have everything to lose if you do.

Well enough of me for one night. I will check in later before I leave for the cruise.

Dee

Dee- Have a good time on your cruise, we are all proud of what you have accomplished. It is not east losing weight, nor is it easy to realize how you got there in the first place. I to am an emmtional eater and I have replaced it with exercise. I to have just now started to lose in my bust area and have lost 79 lbs, so I know how that is, but I think they will be hollowed out if I go to much further:D ROFLOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ronni- You know better than to weigh yourself more than once a week, I doubt that you have gained 2.5lbs just because of indulging in a dinner party.;) I don't know how you ladies do it, I could not get on a scale every day, nor could I get on one every week. I have so much of an up and down with water gain. For instance, I drank 124oz of water yesterday and only used the restroom 3 times, talk about holding on to some water!!!!!!!!!

If I was to get on a scale yesterday I probably would have been very upset.:eek: Stop putting yourselves through that.

Well, today will be a busy day we are starting up a whole new chicken program at one of our stores and it has been an extremely long road, I started in this venture 5 months ago, it takes a long time to get all your ducks in a row( figure of speech RONNI)LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!! It is very rewarding to come to this day though, and start the program up to the public and see all your hard work pay off. I will tell you though it has been rough going to all those meetings where we had to sample food(chicken, cobblers,potatoe wedges, mac&cheese) but I did good, most of the time I just had a taste and then let my buddy(you remember my buddy from the plane?) do the rest of the sampling.:p

Okay, I am rambling and I must go walk or eat a doughnut, HAHA just kidding I am going for a walk, just checking to see if all of you are paying attention. I will talk to all of you tonight.

Ana;)

Since nobody wanted to post today, I will post again. After my morning walk, I went home took a shower and got in my vehicle as I was driving up the road about a mile away I saw this object in the road which appeared to look like a big black dog, to my suprise as I got closer I realized it was a BIG BLACK BEAR!!!!!!!!!!!!:eek: Thank goodness I was in my vehicle, I know I live on the side of the mountain and I have been told that there is bear up here, but until you actually see one you really don't put it in perspective. So, I think for now on I will make sure it is daylight before I go on my morning walk.

Well, I hope everyone had a good day, I will talk to all of you later.

Ana;)

OMG, ANNA!! A BEAR???!!!!!!!!!!!:eek: Can you imagine what may have happened had you encountered him on your walk? Oh man, I hate to think about it. You better be careful. I thought I lived in the woods!!

Wellll, I went to the gym last night. I'm trying to lose that extra pounds from my party. Unlike you Ana, I can't resist weighing myself and since I weigh in in the mornings, I took 1 pound off and that means I'm only 1 pound up. Hopefully by Saturday that will be rectified. Although today's lunch certainly didn't help.....I had two pieces of fried chicken and yes, I ate the skin.:eek:

I have no plans to go to the gym tonight, but I will go tomorrow morning. Hopefully, I can work it out so I don't eat so many points for dinner.

Ana, I keep meaning to ask you..........what plan are you on?

Ronni

Ronni- You ate FRIED CHICKEN????????????and ate the skin, have you lost your mind???? I have been around that stuff for 2 days now and I am so sick of that smell. I went to the office yesterday afternoon after being in the store around chicken all day and I was walking through the hall I passed the CFO and he said"You smell like chicken, it smells good", Then everyone in the office had to come to my office so they could smell the chicken and give me a hard time, especially since I did not bring them any chicken.

Ronni, I am on a 1200-1500calorie a day no more than 25fat grams a day diet that is supervised through my doctor. I find myself lecturing people about what they eat and how many fat grams they are consuming, you would be amazed at how many people don't know how to read labels. The owner of the company ask me today how the chicken was and I had to tell him that I have not tried it, because I don't eat food like that, he is okay with it though he has really been supportive of me through this whole period, and probably has complimented me the most. He is a wonderful person along with his sons, I could not be more lucky than to work for such good people. I have headhunters call me all the time offering me jobs, but I would not leave these people for nothing.

Okay, I know I am rambling again, I can't help it especially when it comes to talking about my bosses.;)

I am a little terrified about the whole bear thing now, I think I am going to start using my glider for awhile until the bears go into hybernation. Does anybody know when bears go into hybernation???????????:eek: Okay, well gotta go I will talk to all of you later.

Ana;)

Oh, I forgot to tell all of you, I am going to get my haircut tommorow:eek: I found someone that is supposed to be really good, I go for a consultation at 12:00 and then we cut at 1:00 and color I figure might as well get rid of all that grey. I decided to go with a cut simular to Jennifer Love Hewitt's new cut, have you seen it????She is on that new show The Ghost Whisperer.Just long layers and bangs, I haven't had bangs in a long time and I look pretty good with bangs due to my big forehead.:p I will let you know how it goes, wish me luck.

Ana

Ana: YIKES a BEAR!!!! You are right to wait! Don't they sleep throughout the winter and come back in the spring? I'm unsure of the months probably could find it on the net.

Your so right about the bad eating. One my friends and I were talking about this just the other day. At our work place when we hit certain goals they reward us at times with food. 60% or more of the ladies that work there have weight issues. :( I work in the healthcare industry for heaven's sake!

Dee it's wonderful that you have recognized a trigger for yourself and are doing something about it! I can emotionally eat at times too. Can't we all? My leader last week gave us each a paper that says...FEEL...Don't FEED your emotions. I almost ate some chocolate this week at work due to stress but I gave myself a self talk and didn't do it. :D Have a WONDERFUL TRIP and you will look marvelous! The smaller you that you have become! We want details when you get back.

Ronni great progress and I know what you mean about fried chicken. As a girl I loved the turkey skin the crispy brown part. Once in awhile you have to do those things I think. It's hard not to weigh at home. I don't do it each week or everyday but sometimes I get in a mode and boy..I drive myself insane!

I'm off work today as the boys are out of school we had big plans to do something and it's 10:45 and I'm still in p.j.'s drinking coffee. Hmmm..the plans seemed to have changed. The boys are playing of course video games. ahhhh relaxation.

Hope everyone had a great weigh in this week. I stayed the same which is OK by me..I mean I'd take a loss! :)

Well, weigh in today certainly sucked. Up 2.8. Might as well be 3 pounds!:( I'm learning that what I do the day before weigh in often has a great impact on weigh in day. Last Friday I hardly ate at all, and yesterday I was really bad. I think I might be up 1 pound, but I really doubt I'm truly up 3 lbs.

Ana, it's so nice that you like your job so much. I like mine a lot too, but I'm not sure I like it as well as you like yours. Good luck with the haircut, I know how hard that is to do. I'm sure it's going to look great!:)

congratulations to you, Maria!!

Tina, staying the same certainly beats a gain, like me.

Off from work on Monday and Thursday this coming week, so more exercising for me!

Ronni

Hi Everybody

Weighed in today and was down .4lbs. Not great but at least at tiny bit of progress.

Ronni- I'm sorry you had disappointing results. This week will be better. It's probably fluid. I find the same thing that you do- day before eating and activity can rally affect your weigh-in. That's one of the reasons I go to meetings on Saturday. I am most likely to stray from the path on Friday night. Knowing that I will be weighed Satuday morning helps to keep me honest. On the other hand if I do eat something that I'm not supposed to eat on the weekend- I have most of the week to get back on track for the next weigh-in.

We had a long discussion at our meeting today about smart things to do to avoid overeating on a holiday,(Thanksgiving here this weekend) I hope that I can remember and follow most of them. (or at least some of them)

Congratulations to everyone on their determination to stay with their programs and thanks for your honesty about your results and problems. It makes it so much easier to know that I'm not the only one this is hard for.

At the meeting today we were also asked to choose from a list of foods normally served at Thanksgiving and list what we would have eaten and to calculate the points that we would have eaten in that meal. I (shockingly) came up with 38, including wine and dessert. Many people in the room said 10, 14, 16 etc. Strangely enough I was not in a room full of skinny people. What's the point if you're not going to be honest.

Ana, let us know about the haircut and stay away from those bears.

Brenda

Archived