Brisbane port changes

suey

Maybe I missed it but when did Brisbane start to only allow passengers into the port building? I went to pick daughter-in-law up today and I had to walk to Portside for the toilet, short walk I know but not when you are desperate. So a drop-off now is literally that, drop off and go:(

Maybe I missed it but when did Brisbane start to only allow passengers into the port building? I went to pick daughter-in-law up today and I had to walk to Portside for the toilet, short walk I know but not when you are desperate. So a drop-off now is literally that, drop off and go:(

It may be because there is not enough room for every one, so passengers only would be a good think I think, 2000 people getting off and 2000 people wanting to get on..

It may be because there is not enough room for every one, so passengers only would be a good think I think, 2000 people getting off and 2000 people wanting to get on..

You are probably right but personally I have never had trouble getting a seat :)

The last time we were in the terminal building was in December when we went on Pacific Dawn at Christmas, and I don't remember seeing anthing about it being passengers only then. We've been in there before to meet and/or see off passengers without a problem, but the most recent for that was last year.

They'll probably claim it's a security thing.

When I left through there only 2 weeks ago, there was no restriction on coming through the doors. It was only when you went to go through the passageway after check in that they'd require your boarding pass.

Apparently it was that way (no entry) when daughter-in-law embarked at start of cruise so maybe this was the first cruise they have had this for.

We boarded on the same cruise as The_Big_M 2 weeks ago and didn't see any restrictions then.
could ask which cruise that was on?

When I left through there only 2 weeks ago, there was no restriction on coming through the doors. It was only when you went to go through the passageway after check in that they'd require your boarding pass.

We boarded on the same cruise as The_Big_M 2 weeks ago and didn't see any restrictions then.

Me three :D

Archived