Best time for Eiffel Tower

akcruz

We will be in Paris a few days pre-cruise. Since we don't have a lot of time trying to book ahead what I can. We arrive in Paris about 8-9 PM on a Thursday and leave about 5 PM on Saturday. When would you suggest is the best to book the Eiffel Tower to be able to go to the upper level? I've heard go in the morning to beat crowds but have also heard its not all its cracked up to be so go later when the city is all lit up. All thoughts are appreciated.

Also if there is anything else others recommend pre-booking? Pretty sure we will get a museum pass. Thanks!

By best time do you mean like sunset or something related to what you will see or when it is least crowded? If the latter, the reservation takes the crowd out of the picture. Inside is always going to be fairly full no matter what time you go. We are going in June and choose the 20:00 time slot so we will see some of the impact of the setting sun.

Kirk

Paris during the summer is hot and can be overcast. I suggest going to the Eiffel Tower at night. If you can get tickets in advance do so.

We stood in line without tickets and opted to do the stairs (still for a fee) and at night the line took 1.5 hours. We only had stamina to walk up to the first level- it took about 15 minutes of walking.

I was advised before going to book a meal at the Le Jules Verne which is on the second level (the higher level) and the views from there are spectacular. We were unable to get a reservation but if you can do so for lunch or dinner, then this would be ideal because you have a private elevator and no wait time when you have a meal reservation.

I peeked into the lower, level 1 restaurant and it was nice but you aren't terribly high up there. It was a nice view and there is a sense of accomplishment when you do the climb up. If I was picking a restaurant I'd do the more expensive Le Jules Verne. Next time I'll try to secure a reservation.

As to the elevators- if you are a claustrophobe don't do it! You are in there like sardines. I am a claustrophobe and have a fear of heights so this would be scarey for me!!! But it wouldn't stop me.

You should get a reservation at:

http://www.tour-eiffel.com/

Kirk

Just a word of warning, when I tried to book tickets to the summit for 29 June it kept coming up as not available. When I contacted them I was told for 2 weeks from 16 June they were only selling advance tickets to the second floor and we should be able to get summit tickets on the day from the office on the second floor.

Paris during the summer is hot and can be overcast. I suggest going to the Eiffel Tower at night. If you can get tickets in advance do so.

We stood in line without tickets and opted to do the stairs (still for a fee) and at night the line took 1.5 hours. We only had stamina to walk up to the first level- it took about 15 minutes of walking.

I was advised before going to book a meal at the Le Jules Verne which is on the second level (the higher level) and the views from there are spectacular. We were unable to get a reservation but if you can do so for lunch or dinner, then this would be ideal because you have a private elevator and no wait time when you have a meal reservation.

I peeked into the lower, level 1 restaurant and it was nice but you aren't terribly high up there. It was a nice view and there is a sense of accomplishment when you do the climb up. If I was picking a restaurant I'd do the more expensive Le Jules Verne. Next time I'll try to secure a reservation.

As to the elevators- if you are a claustrophobe don't do it! You are in there like sardines. I am a claustrophobe and have a fear of heights so this would be scarey for me!!! But it wouldn't stop me.

Thanks, this is the type of info I was looking for.

Any other thoughts anybody?

I have been trying to buy tickets on this site for some time now, for end of May, but all dates come up sold out. Does anyone have any ideas? Should we reserve a spot to dine in the Jules Verne, then buy a ticket to the top from there? Dont' want to spend hours waiting in line.

Thanks for any ideas.

yes- book the dinner at Le Jules Verne now if its available. I can't answer the second question about going higher than the restaurant on the elevator and if you can get tickets just for that portion. But you will be very high up at the restaurant so don't know if I'd bother going higher.

I have been trying to buy tickets on this site for some time now, for end of May, but all dates come up sold out.

I just checked availability for the end of May. Here's what I learned:

5/25 Sold Out

5/26 Sold Out

5/27 20:00 Available

5/28 Sold Out

5/29 20:00 Available

5/30 9:30 19:30 Available

5/31 9:30 17:30 21:30 Available

Do any of the above dates and times work for you?

Lew

Archived