Who is on the Dukan Diet?

SkiRacer

Hi Skiracer, (Cool name - we like to ski too)

I now it's been awhile since you posted on this thread, but I'm wondering how the Dukan diet is working. I need to lose weight for overall health and Nov 6th cruise :), and I'm hoping that the Dukan diet will work but that it's not too radical. Do you think that this diet will help with true long term weight loss?

Thanks

Hi Skiracer, (Cool name - we like to ski too)

I now it's been awhile since you posted on this thread, but I'm wondering how the Dukan diet is working. I need to lose weight for overall health and Nov 6th cruise :), and I'm hoping that the Dukan diet will work but that it's not too radical. Do you think that this diet will help with true long term weight loss?

Thanks

I'm not Skiracer but thought I'd comment. Have you read the book? It's probably one of the 1st ones to make since and show me how to keep it off for a lifetime. I lost 10 lbs the first 2 weeks! I havent been as strict the last week as I had several commitments I had made prior to starting the diet. But I havent gained any back.. I'm looking to lose another 11 lbs and do the various stages so it stays off!

Edited by Litewait

Hi thanks for your comment. Will you go off the Dukan diet completely when you cruise?

I know I'm not going to stick to it.. I was just gone for 3 days to a tournament and ate pretty good and did drink wine ect. I only gained 2 lbs. I came home and went back to attack phase on Monday and I've lost most of it ans expect to be back down tomorrow when I weigh. On the cruise I can do pretty well I think..I dont have to have the bread or rolls.. I will eat some of the desserts and I will drink, I'm not going to try and believe I won't. I went on a cruise last August and ate & drank anything I wanted and only gained 4 lbs. If I can do that again I will be happy. When I get back I will start attack again and go to cruise ect..I knew it would be tough right now, but I needed to lose atleaset the 10 to get back into my "cruise" clothes..:D

I will keep it up until I go on the cruise though! I have a dinner this Sat and an event the following Sat but thats it until I cruise. Every other day I stick to it like glue LOL! By Mid Dec. I should be at Permanent Stabalization which would be awesome!

I've started reading this book and am going to give this a go soon. I just need to find the bran and go stock up on meats.

Do you all have any secret tips for a newbie to this?

I got the bran at Henrys a local produce health food type store. I also make mine into the muffins ( the receipe is on here somewhere) and it works well.

I have that usually with coffee in the am. The first couple of days you may be a little hungry but after that I dont have hunger pains ect..

I like it so far. Make sure you have a variety of protein and use the spices it helps. Also, the shrimp w/homemade cocktail sauce is great!

I got the bran at Henrys a local produce health food type store. I also make mine into the muffins ( the receipe is on here somewhere) and it works well.

I have that usually with coffee in the am. The first couple of days you may be a little hungry but after that I dont have hunger pains ect..

I like it so far. Make sure you have a variety of protein and use the spices it helps. Also, the shrimp w/homemade cocktail sauce is great!

Thanks! We have Henry's around here too, so I will stop by there. I love fruit and veggies, so I think that may be what I struggle with the most, bread I could skip any day.

I have been considering starting this one when the kids go back to school next week. I have never been able to stick to Atkins but this one seems to be a bit better than Atkins.

Where do you find the oat bran? Is it like flour in the flour aisle in the grocery store? When you eat eggs, do you eat real eggs or egg substitute?

Can anyone post a shopping list for the Attack phase?

Started the Diet today...had a yummy ham and egg roll up from a recipe I found in a magazine this morning for breakfast and so far doing well. Plan to stop at the store and pick up the bran I need on my way home from work.

First day...so far, so good!

Hi everyone, my computer is finally fixed so I am back on line. Well I have been on the diet for 3 months this coming Sat. and I have lost just under 30 lbs.

As for where to find the oat bran, I find it near the hot cereals. usually in a bag.

I started yesterday too JMHAM! I was shocked when I weighed myself this morning, I lost 3.4 pounds yesterday. How is that POSSIBLE!!?!

I did drink what felt like 30 gallons of water, so I guess I flushed out a lot of excess water too.

Skiracer, 30 pounds is wonderful, be proud of yourself!

Edited by lovepea

JMHAM1, you must have bought the same magazine that I did. :) I saw the ham and egg roll-up recipe. I have been toying with the idea of starting this diet, but since I don't eat much meat, it makes it a little harder for me. Of course, I do love fish and even tofu.

I need to do a little more research before I get started. Maybe I will start on Saturday.

My daughter is vegetarian and started the diet last week. She is eating all fish and the yogurt and the muffins. She has done really well. She started yesterday adding the vegetables back in. She isnt big by any stretch but wants to get her weight under control and stabalized now. She has seen both her grandmother and I struggle and we all gain in the same area. Three generations of spare tires LOL!

She started at 128 and is at 122 today. She is 5'5 and wants to get to 118. What I've noticed is that the weoght we have both lost has really helped our mid section!

Good Luck!

What I've noticed is that the weoght we have both lost has really helped our mid section!

Good Luck!

This is great news! That and my rear is where I'd like to minimize.

I just noticed that you are going on the Inspiration the day we get off of it. We're bringing it on over from Tampa. :)

So where do you find the oat bran? I live in a metro area and have looked at all the grocery stores here and even Publix doesn't have it. Is it a health food store kind of thing? I have been doing really well so far but don't have the bran added in there yet.

Also the flavored cream cheeses that are avail now make things like ham roll up and tofu very yummy.

I'm down 5.6 already...probably just water but I will take it. Headaches were really bad the first 2 days but minimizing now. I'm trying to get off some stubborn baby weight which is ALL over my midsection. Baby + 40 = Belly bulge!!

How's everyone doing? I did 5 days of the attack phase and lost 9.6 pounds. I am kind of sad though, because my measurements did not change one little bit. I thought nearly 10 pounds would have made something shrink! LOL

I think for the cruise phase, I am going to stick to every other day a P+V day.

I started on Thursday and have lost 4 pound so far. That is the most I have ever lost in just three days. And that despite the fact that I have been sick in bed (bad summer cold) these past two days and have had no exercise at all.

Hopefully I will be back to normal shortly.

I got my oat bran at Fred Meyer, which is my favorite Northwest chain. They carry a lot of Kroeger products and sell the oat bran in bulk. So far all of my gallets have been savory and eaten with my morning omlette. I find that they taste much better without the egg yolk and have a better consistency if I add just enough milk to make the batter more like regular pancake batter.

I can do this! :)

Glad everyone is being successful! It is the easiest and most realistic diet I have done. Reading the book made complete since on how to make the changes for long term success.

My first week I lost 6.6 and my daughter lost 8. It's very motivating. I've lost a total of 14.5 lbs with 7 to go. I am 50 years ols and 5'7.5. Want to be at 140. The book says with it's calculations 144 is my stabilization weight but I like it just a little lower. Hoping to be there before I cruise, thats 3 weeks from now. When I get back it will be attack phase to get off any gained weight and then following thew plan till the end.

Keep up the great work!

After four days I am still only down 4 pounds, but that is certainly a bigger loss than I have ever had on any other diet, so I will keep on keeping on.

Today was my first PV day and I did enjoy my baby tomato and baby yellow pepper with my breakfast.

At lunch, which will probably be pretty soon here, I will make some tzadziki dressing for my fish. While I love, love, love my veggies, I think I will take it a little bit easy on them until I see how this plan works.

OBTW, I have a rotten chest cold and stayed in bed all weekend. Today I stayed home from work and am hoping and praying to be better by tomorrow. Taking the Zicam religeously.

My weight went back up after my first PV day (0.6 pound). And then it went up again the next day(1 pound). But I know things fluctuate a little, even if I did follow the plan faithfully. I am sticking to plenty of proteins, no matter which day, just veggie day I am adding a few servings of the veggies.

I really hope your cold gets better PunkiC! That's never fun at all.

Thanks, lovepea. The worst thing about being sick is that I can't go to the gym and that makes me feel like a slug.

So, I finished Day 5 down 5 pounds. YEAH!!! I am loving this.

Yesterday I had some fish and onions and some tofu sticks. I cut them up like french fries, let them drain on a paper towel and "fry" them with zero/zero cooking spray in a non-stick pan. I like to use Trader Joe's Everyday seasoning on them--well I sort of like to use TJ's Everyday seasoning on a lot of stuff. ;)

So far, this plan is working well for me and I am loving it.