Cruise Critic Community
shawnamarie0509

Shopping talk/port talk???

Oh no Marie!! Sounds like a waste of 12 dollars! Thanks for the advice! I'm sorry you had that experience, but I'll definitely learn from the mistake!!

Still, sounds like a prize. Prize = Prize!

:p

The last cruise on Enchantment of the Seas offered a $30 card during this presentation. it gave you buy one, get one free DOD PLUS $30 off a spa treatment. So if you like going to the spa, not only is it free, u get some free drinks.

That sounds like a pretty sweet prize. Maybe I'll have to see what they're offering and decide from there. It would have to be pretty worth it though. From this board it seems like the presentation itself would be useless to me!!

But prizes are cool? :cool:

Just say yes to prizes!

Sometimes you should say NO to prizes. Mom & I went to a shopping talk on the Paradise last year. There were about 20 people in the Queen Mary Lounge for the talk. Mom won this wonderful purse. She couldn't really say no to it especially since we knew that the Talk would be shown on TV. We could see everyone's faces with the expression "thank G-d it wasn't me". Worst part of it is that we can't even give it away. We now threaten people with "if they don't like what we gave them, we can always give them the purse".:D

052510-Pursemomwon1a.jpg052510-Pursemomwon2a.jpg

The golden eyes are faceted nuggets & the purse is a suede-y material.

Any takers?!?

Edited by Rosefloater

Sometimes you should say NO to prizes. Mom & I went to a shopping talk on the Paradise last year. There were about 20 people in the Queen Mary Lounge for the talk. Mom won this wonderful purse. She couldn't really say no to it especially since we knew that the Talk would be shown on TV. We could see everyone's faces with the expression "thank G-d it wasn't me". Worst part of it is that we can't even give it away. We now threaten people with "if they don't like what we gave them, we can always give them the purse".:D

052510-Pursemomwon1a.jpg052510-Pursemomwon2a.jpg

The golden eyes are faceted nuggets & the purse is a suede-y material.

Any takers?!?

It deters thieves! ;)

That is honestly the WORST prize EVER!!! I spit coke out my nose (a little) when I saw it!!! I think you have single-handedly swayed anyone who might be tempted to attend for a prize AWAY! I'll be having nightmare about that one.(LOL)

In case anyone misunderstood my previous post...I meant coca-cola, not the coke that you put in your nose..Oops.

It deters thieves! ;)

Never thought of that. Maybe I'll keep it and take with me when I cruise to Mexico.

griffy - I guess that means that you don't want it?!?:D:rolleyes:

Never thought of that. Maybe I'll keep it and take with me when I cruise to Mexico.

griffy - I guess that means that you don't want it?!?:D:rolleyes:

Sis,

You should work on catalogs. You made it look good.

What Sis forgot to describe was the SHEEN that this purse has. Mom keeps it in the living room as a conversation starter! Unfortunatley this is one of the very few things mom has won in her life and we can't get her to part with it.

Sis,

You should work on catalogs. You made it look good.

What Sis forgot to describe was the SHEEN that this purse has. Mom keeps it in the living room as a conversation starter! Unfortunatley this is one of the very few things mom has won in her life and we can't get her to part with it.

That's because NO ONE wants it!!!!!!