Hawaii by Land & Sea – POA Cruise 5-14-2011

Sunny AZ Girl

Now that Webshots has announced they are closing on Dec 1st I will be taking this review out of my signature as of their closing date. All of my pictures will be nothing more than a big red X.:( I will be opening a Flickr account soon, but it won't help this review at all. Hopefully Flickr will not have the same problems as Webshots and any pictures posted through them will last a long time. I will be returning to Hawaii in 2014. Can't wait to do another Hawaii review!:)

This was a fabulous review & the pics are AMAZING!|

I am in early planning for my youngest daughter's HS graduation cruise. She wants to cruise TO Hawaii...alas, there aren't any cruises available during summer months. However, the information I gathered from your review has given me new insight. I appreciate it very much!

Speaking of your pics...would you mind if I 'pinned' one of them for a cruise contest?

This was a fabulous review & the pics are AMAZING!|

I am in early planning for my youngest daughter's HS graduation cruise. She wants to cruise TO Hawaii...alas, there aren't any cruises available during summer months. However, the information I gathered from your review has given me new insight. I appreciate it very much!

Speaking of your pics...would you mind if I 'pinned' one of them for a cruise contest?

Not at all. Thank you. All I ask is that I get the credit.:)

My pictures, and everyone else's who were using Webshots, will no longer be supported by Webshots after Dec 1 (or earlier). I am in the process of reloading them onto SmugMug and will provide a link to them in this review when I am done. Unfortunately, it is way to late to edit the review itself.

Ginny, thanks so much for your detailed review. I will bookmark it for future planning and I am so sorry to hear about Webshots after you spent so much time on this review. I look forward to your 2014 trip review :D

Ginny, thanks so much for your detailed review. I will bookmark it for future planning and I am so sorry to hear about Webshots after you spent so much time on this review. I look forward to your 2014 trip review :D

I have opened up a Smug Mug account and will provide a link for each Hawaii album here, in case anyone is still reading! The Webshots pictures will disappear shortly.

I am glad you enjoyed the review!

• 2 months later...

Since Webshots has closed my picture links have disappeared. However, all of my Hawaii pictures are available on SmugMug if you still care to see them.

Here are the links:

Oahu Day 1

Oahu Day 2 (Pearl Harbor/Punchbowl)

Oahu - Day 3 (Turtle Bay Resort/North Shore)

Oahu Day 4 (Boarding the Pride of America)

Mauai - Day 1

Maui - Day 2 (Molokini Crater Snorkel Trip)

Hilo (Volcano National Park)

Kona

Kauai - Day 1 (including Smith Family Luau)

Kauai - Day 2 (AirVentures Hawaii & Napali Sailby)

Honolulu/Waikiki Post Cruise

Click on the link for the slide show for the best presentation.

I am planning another trip to Hawaii for May 3, 2014 - 13 nights on the Rhapsody of the Seas. (Honolulu - Vancouver) We are hoping to spend several pre-cruise days once again on the North Shore as we loved that part so much. This is a great itinerary. It includes an overnight in Honolulu and an overnight in Maui (Lahaina), 7 full days in Hawaii as part of the cruise (much more than most cruises, the same as the POA), 5 wonderful sea days, and a full day in Victoria, BC! Since we have the time to devote to an extended trip now we decided to go for it.:) If you are in the planning stages and haven't yet decided on a cruise we would love to have you join us. Aloha!

• 1 month later...

I don't remember how I ended up at your trip report, but after reading a hundred other POA reviews and reports, I enjoyed spending several days leisurely perusing your report and pics and have really appreciated your insights. Very entertaining, good writing (I'm an English professor, so I can say this with authority!), and super informative. Thanks for taking the time to do it. I know how involved it can be but you've done a lot of good for a lot of people. Many thanks.

PS: POA will be dry docked in April and we will be sailing 6/22/13, among the first several POA cruises to experience the renovations predicted by your captain. So excited!

I don't remember how I ended up at your trip report, but after reading a hundred other POA reviews and reports, I enjoyed spending several days leisurely perusing your report and pics and have really appreciated your insights. Very entertaining, good writing (I'm an English professor, so I can say this with authority!), and super informative. Thanks for taking the time to do it. I know how involved it can be but you've done a lot of good for a lot of people. Many thanks.

PS: POA will be dry docked in April and we will be sailing 6/22/13, among the first several POA cruises to experience the renovations predicted by your captain. So excited!

Thank you so much for your kind words. I am glad I was able to help you out. Enjoy your cruise and the new POA! I would love to hear your thoughts about the islands and the ship upon your return.

Ginny-I am really enjoying reading your review and was so happy to see that you had a great view of the Napoli Coast from your aft balcony-We also have booked an aft cabin for our cruise in Oct. and I was beginning to consider changing it to a mid ship portside to ensure we would be able to view the coast from our balcony. I am sure by than we will be needing some time in a lounge chair. :D Thanks again for the wonderful pictures and in-depth review!!!

Ginny-I am really enjoying reading your review and was so happy to see that you had a great view of the Napoli Coast from your aft balcony-We also have booked an aft cabin for our cruise in Oct. and I was beginning to consider changing it to a mid ship portside to ensure we would be able to view the coast from our balcony. I am sure by than we will be needing some time in a lounge chair. :D Thanks again for the wonderful pictures and in-depth review!!!

Yes - keep your aft balcony! I think it was the best view on the ship.:D Enjoy your cruise.

Archived