Cruise Critic Community
krazykar

Royal Clipper 8/27/11 Sicily and Amalfi Coast

Hi,

Any one sailing on this trip? Has anyone done this itinerary previously? Would appreciate any helpful tips. Sailed on the Star Clipper in March to the BVIS. Great time. Thanks!

We will be on the 8/27 sailing. Our third Star Clippers cruise but our first time to Italy and Croatia. The ship is sold out as we had some friends try to make the trip but couldn't because there was no room. Disappointed they couldn't make it but we will have fun none the less.

Hi,

Our cruise is 7 nights to Sicily and the Amalfi Coast. I think you are on a longer cruise also going to Croatia?

Kari

You are correct. Got my dates mixed up. 7/27 versus 8/27. Have a great time on your trip.

Hi!! I'll be on the 8/27 sailing. As of right now, I'm cruising solo - it's a 40th birthday present to myself, my husband HATES cruising and none of my friends could get the time off/afford it. So, I'm traveling solo (which I'm actually looking forward to). I'm coming from Chicago, and VERY EXCITED!!!:D

Hi!! I'll be on the 8/27 sailing. As of right now, I'm cruising solo - it's a 40th birthday present to myself, my husband HATES cruising and none of my friends could get the time off/afford it. So, I'm traveling solo (which I'm actually looking forward to). I'm coming from Chicago, and VERY EXCITED!!!:D

Welcome to Cruise Critic. You'll not be alone on the Royal. Everyone is so friendly. I know you'll have a wonderful cruise. Happy Birthday.

Great! I am traveling with three girlfriends. Two of us are in our early 40's and two are early 50's. We will see you on the ship! You will love it.

Kari

Welcome to Cruise Critic. You'll not be alone on the Royal. Everyone is so friendly. I know you'll have a wonderful cruise. Happy Birthday.

Thank you for the birthday wish!

I'm completely jealous of how much cruising you've done. I can only hope that I can get there one day.

Do you have any advice for a first-timer on Star Clippers? I've previously been on Celebrity (which I LOVED), and I'm expecting this to be completely different.

Great! I am traveling with three girlfriends. Two of us are in our early 40's and two are early 50's. We will see you on the ship! You will love it.

Kari

Can't wait to meet you!

I'm so excited about this trip, I feel like I'm going to explode. . . It's not going to come soon enough!;)