Carnival pins?

mared1

Thanks! They are pretty special to me :) Especially the Carnivale. My first cruise!

I was 1 year old when you took that cruise :D LOL.

On another note I talked to a rep at CCL headquarters this morning and she told me that CCL is no longer making past guest pins to be given away on the cruise ships and that the only pins that will be available are the ones for purchase in the gift shops. Hope she was mistaken!! :eek:

I was 1 year old when you took that cruise :D LOL.

On another note I talked to a rep at CCL headquarters this morning and she told me that CCL is no longer making past guest pins to be given away on the cruise ships and that the only pins that will be available are the ones for purchase in the gift shops. Hope she was mistaken!! :eek:

Okay, I feel old now...I had just turned 15 when we took that cruise. How things have changed since then.

Were there ever Funnel Pins and Ship on a Sticks for the Mardi Gras????.....we have managed to get the Pins and Ship on a Sticks for for all of our cruises except the Mardi Gras

I think the Mardi Gras only had a shield-type pin not a funnel, not sure about the ship on the stick and I think the Festivale was the first to have the famous whale tail pins we all know and love lol (Please correct me if I am wrong)

My pins :D

Thanks for posting this :D

Edited by CruiseAdict218

So I emailed the seller on ebay in regards to his Carnival Breeze past guest pin. I asked him if he would guarantee in writting that this is authentic CCL merchandise and not a copy or fake. I also asked how he obtained the item already since the ship isnt scheduled to set sail until next year. His response....

You think that they start making the merchandising "after" the ship hits the water? Everything for this ship has been already made: towels, T-shirts, caps, napkins postcards, brochures, itineraries, bathrobes etc. I have only one from a batch of 25 samples

I questioned him myself and after 4 responses I get this:

Carisam for your information handles ALL purchases (including alcohol) not only for Carnival but other cruise lines in the world. All the stores you see in ships belong to them, not Carnival and all the spas on the ships belong to Steiner Leisure Ltd. So all retail merchandise is handle by a third party contractors. like Starboard, they handle sales. Call Carisam-Samuel Meisel (MD), Inc they will confirm what I'm saying

OK Renee

I will try to post my collection this weekend. Between the two of us and JoeB, everyone will see what the real pins look like.

This ebay thing has got a lot of attention. I am glad everyone is finding out the truth and no spending good money for nothing.

Also, I want to mention this again. The person selling the pins on ebay will not give refunds. This is the first time I have ever seen this done on ebay.

JR

You might be able to use the buyer protection. I have used this before, the seller in my case refused to return all the amount with postage. As it was not as described, and I was going to throw it away. I opened the case and after a few days PayPal refunded the entire amount.

What happens if a buyer believes an item is not authentic?

Items that are suspected of being counterfeit are covered by the eBay Buyer Protection Policy, subject to the above and these additional terms.. The rest is on eBay if someone needs it. It is listed on the auctions.

Edited by TinyG

I just checked Ebay and am surprised all of those fakes are still listed. I know a lot of us on here reported them. Is this something that Carnival should be made aware of? After all, the seller is using their name/logo and trying to pass them off as genuine and authentic.

Here is the photo of the pin that the ships gifts shop sell compared to the past guest pin

Frequent Floater

I want to Thank you again for your help with the Conquest. Yours on it way:)

If you know of anyone or are someone that has

Triumph

Elation

Fascination

I can trade a victory, or fantasy:D

CruiseAdict218

You are corect.

The Mardi Gras and Carnivale only had a shield-type pin not a funnel type

pin. The Festivale was the first to have the famous whale tail pins.

JR

Although very little attention is given to the gold tone(Platium tone on the Dream) ship shapped pins Carnival started with the Mardi Gras and every ship had them for sale in the gift shop until Carnival changed (stopped) selling them on the Dream.

Carnival called the shield type a "tie-tack" and sold the ship=shapped ones as a "hat-pin". JR is correct about the VIP (past Guest)funnel pins began with the Festivale and ended with the Dream.

There are:

• 13 Single Ship Name Pins
  • 24 Carnival Double name Pins
  • 15 2000 Dated Pins
  • 16 2001 Dated Pins