Cruise Critic Community

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mlbcruiser

Bruno's on Raiatea or Marc's on Huahine?

Which tour is better and why? From Marc's website, I have the impression that there is a special tour for Tahitian Princess pax and his usual one isn't avail. when the ship's in port. I am assuming one can only book this tour through Princess then? Is there anything exception we will miss on either island if we take one of these lengthy tours? Thanks for any input.

We're looking at doing both. I don't think Marc's is through Princess, I think it has to do with the time frame.

Laurie

Zenith 02/01

Century 01/02

Century 02/02

Tahitian Princess 01/03

Century 01/04

Tahitian Princess 01/05

When we went on Marc's Motu Picnic in April 2004 we booked directly with Marc. Princess also has a motu picnic on Huahine but on our sailing it was not through Marc. It really is worth your time and money. It was by far our favorite tour of the trip! The only bad thing is it is one of the first tours that you will do so you will always rate the rest against it. If you wish to do this tour make sure you book it early as if fills up quickly. Have a great trip!

Sapphire Princess - Coastal

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=0000ff&cdt=2004;6;11;17;0;00&timezone=GMT-0800

Doug&Nadine

Did you happen to take Brunos Tahaa tour? It's 110.00 pp which is a little high, and we were wondering if we should catch a similar tour at the dock or if his is worth the $$.

We also have Sharkboy booked for Bora Bora, if you did this tour, or any shark/ray tours, we'd apprecitate your comments.

Linda

Thanks, Doug and Nadine. I would also be very interested in knowing if we would save money yet be able to get a very simlar tour if we waited and booked at the dock. There are so many similar sounding tours on the various islands, it's getting so confusing! Would you happen to know which island is the best on which to do a 4X4 excursion? Which is the best for snorkeling or a motu picnic type excursion?

I also have the same questions... which 4x4..in which port... we will be on the tp sept 4. Have you booked tahiti safari already. I was wondering if moorea would be a better 4x4 excursion.. I too reserved Marc and I don't think Princess' excursion is through him. I'm getting pretty overwhelmed with so many posts and info and choices!

We had booked MONTHS in advance with Bruno. We waited for over an hour and he never showed up. We had read that he did this quite often, but decided we would chance it. Well, needless to say an hour was wasted in Paradise. We found Stephan on the pier in Raietea. He was awesome. He will carry 2 or up to 16 for $40pp for an all day excursion. He carries you stingray feeding, shark feeding, coral gardens, private island, includes fruits and drinks on his private island, pearl farm, and he sings and is a big comedian. Forget chancing Bruno. There were 12 in our group and they all ended up feeling the same way.

Bora Bora- we did Sharkboy, but honestly he didn't live up to our expectations after reading so much about him. Stephan had went out of his way the day before and the sharkfeeding was much better. We are proud we did Sharkboy though because the sites were awesome.

HAve a great time in paradise

Nancy

How do you get in touch with Stephan? We have booked with Bruno BUT......:eek:

I can tell you for a fact that Bruno's tour is worth every penny. Don't listen]

to the back comments. We loved his tour, the snorkeling is once in a lifetime.

the motu lunch was awesome and the day was the highlight of our tour. If Bruno isn't there by chance there is probably a good reason for it. Have a good time and tell Bruno hi!

We, too, have gone on Bruno's. In fact, we went twice (two years in a row). It is priced a little high but is well worth it. First timers on his tour with us last year raved and raved about it. The snorkeling is wonderful and amazing and even the lunch on the small motu was great. When was the last time you had fished grilled over a bar-b-que that were just caught. The taste was incredible. Even my hubby who doesn't eat fish at all, had some and thought it was great (although he only ate one side of the fish as he didn't realize he should have turned it over for another side - see I told you he doesn't eat fish.)

If you book with Bruno you will enjoy it. Remember that you are on "island" time here. It is the same in Hawaii, they have a different idea of punctuality.

Jackie

We took Bruno's tour last October. In a lot of respects, I thought it was even better than Marc's - although they were both worth it and both very enjoyable. We had no issues with Bruno at all!

If you can, do both! Both excursions were wonderful, some of the best snorkeling on the entire cruise and each offered a different feel...Marc's was like a big party, very relaxing and lots of fun! Bruno's tour was smaller, more cozy, a bit more educational (more thorough understanding of pearl farming, vanilla harvesting plantation, lagoonarium). Both also had great food!

BTW, we also heard that Stephan held up a group from Princess and would not provide the trip due to lack of people signed up. Bruno actually started the tour without waiting for additional people who were late (we had to tender due to rough seas and it had many of us behind schedule), he felt that he would have to cut some of the tour if we waited and did not want to have the tour shortened...so much for his lack of reliability vs Stephan!

Nancy - hope all is well with your family...please say hello to Alan, Michael and (my favorite) Lauren.

We're back and dreaming about FP still!! How was capt Heirfara's tour??

Our one day trip to Moorea has like a dream come true. The overwater bungalow at the Sheraton was UNBELIEVABLE!! It made my whole trip!!! I'll write to you on AOL later....lauren's calling me . take care and I'll write soon!! Nancy

I just got back from this cruise and Bruno didnt show up for some of his excurisons, people had to book tours on the pier with someone else. and i have heard similar complaints on this and other boards that this has happened before.

STEPHANES and MARC's tours were outstanding!

http://www.huahine-nautique.com/picnicR.htm

Marcs website, have to book in advance.

Howdy folks!

My first post on this board. I am pleasantly surprised at the wealth of info has to offer.

Anyone have contact info or website for Stephanes?

Thanks

Howdy folks!

My first post on this board. I am pleasantly surprised at the wealth of info has to offer.

Anyone have contact info or website for Stephanes?

Thanks

Stephan doesn't have a website or phone to call. But, you can find him in the information building, right on the pier on Raiatea. He had a booth in one corner, if he still does! He can also be found in Bora Bora, on the pier.

We took his excursion on Raiatea the year before last. It was very good! He's nice, too. :)

Thanks for the info. We are waitlisted with Bruno and will keep Stephan in mind. I have a few other questions, but will scan past posts first.

Hi - what great information I am finding on this board. We are going to Tahiti in March. How do you contact Bruno?

Also - any recommendations for a hotel in Moorea for a few days post cruise? Thanks so much

Just emailed you Bill, nope haven't gotten it yet I just checked. So send it along if you would please. Hope there aren't any underwater butt shots in them. lol

Humm, just went into the site and found a bunch from our group without any password. Hummmmmmmmmmmmm

I have reserved a spot on Marc's tour this coming August. He replied very quickly and professionally to my emails. I am looking forward to his tour. I have a question for the experienced cruisers (those who have visited the TP)...on Raiatea, I understand that the beaches are on the Motus. So swimming is out unless one takes a tour. How is the shopping? Is the shopping reasonably (ie within walking distance) close to the pier? Is there a place that one can just sit and 'people/scenic watch'? Are there bike rentals or scooter rentals? I prefer not to rent a car, never have been able to 'borrow' a friend's car without having a panic attack! LOL Are the roads quiet or busy (remember a scooter is very small compared to an SUV!) Where does the TP dock at Raiatea? Is it a tender port or pier? If anyone is going on the TP in Aug 2, 05 I would love to hear from you as this is the trip that I will be on.

I also have the same questions... which 4x4..in which port... we will be on the tp sept 4. Have you booked tahiti safari already. I was wondering if moorea would be a better 4x4 excursion.. I too reserved Marc and I don't think Princess' excursion is through him. I'm getting pretty overwhelmed with so many posts and info and choices!
Did you get any response...I'm feeling the same way with the information overload.

not much shopping. you can pick up tours where the ship docks, pearls, vanilla, snorleong etc. we are doing a 4X4 on Tahiti in january. I'll let you know how it was-on our own, not through Princess.

I understand from a Email we just got back from Marcs for those interested, that hes doing a combination 4x4 tour and then meet up with the snorkel and picnic group later after noon for a little more money, i believe its 100 per person, but you would get a chance to enjoy both.Eric and Sandy