Any Brits Taken this Cruise?

Kittycat

Are there any Brits out there who have done the Tahitian Cruise - how was the flight? I know there's an overnight stopover in Los Angeles, but it seems an awfully long way - what do you think?

Island Princes, February 2004

Golden Princess, June 2002

We're not Brits but live in L.A. and know that many Brits use the Tahiti cruise as a reason to visit our much-maligned, yet beautiful city. Why don't you take a few extra days pre or post cruise and enjoy our beaches, cultural attractions (Walt Disney Concert Hall is a MUST), gorgeous neighborhood (Beverly Hills, Brentwood, etc.)?

Whenever Europeean friends come to visit, they're amazed by the diverstiy of L.A. and all it has to offer.

Bon Voyage!

• 1 month later...

We are also not English but are your cousins so to speak. We did the cruise in March and our table companions were from England. They did a back to back - one to the Marquesas and one to the Cook Islands - and they had a night in Los Angeles on the way home to break the journey. It makes sense to do the two trips on the ship, in fact I wish we had done the same as it is a long way to go for a short time.

It is well worth the flight though, the islands are so beautiful.

Jennie

Hi, I live in Scotland and we've just got back. We did the route different, via South America which was a long way.

We met a couple who had flown via LA and they had stayed for a few days on the way out.

We had no jet lag going to Tahiti, but it was bad coming back.

I suggest that you look at doing pre/post cruise to make it worth doing the journey.

I have to admit though, that I'd go back without hesitating, it was so fantastic and I loved every minute!

We have booked the TP cruise in French Polynesia and Bora Bora for our Silver Anniversary. Never been to Polynesia (a bit far from Scotland - and probably warmer!). I see the currency ashore is South Pacific Franc. Do they take US dollars in Tahiti and Bora Bora?

:confused:

Hi

We're from London and did this cruise as part of our honeymoon.

We flew to Papeete via LA (virgin / tahiti nui) about 22 hours. arrived papeete around 5.30 went to beachcomber for 1 night. very nice. Cruise was great. we spent another week on one of the other islands before heading back. Broke the journey with 3 days in LA on our return. I don't think we could have faced the same journey back all in one go!

Not many brits on the cruise (you may or may not think of this as a good thing!)

lots of honeymooners.

Ship does get bumpy especially on the raratonga leg.

You will definitely enjoy it though and worth the travel.

• 1 month later...
Are there any Brits out there who have done the Tahitian Cruise - how was the flight? I know there's an overnight stopover in Los Angeles, but it seems an awfully long way - what do you think?

Island Princes, February 2004

Golden Princess, June 2002

WE ARE GOING ON TP DECEMBER 23RD. WE LIVE IN HITCHIN, HERTFORDSHIRE, ENGLAND

WE ARE DOING THIS AS PART OF A R.O.W. TOUR INCUDING NEW ZEALAND AND AUSTRALIA.

HOWEVER.. WE WOULD LIKE ADVICE AS TO CLOTHING FOR THE TRIP.. ALSO INFO ABOUT POSSIBLE EVENTS AT CHRISTMAS AND NEW YEAR ....WHAT IS LIKELY WEATHER?

MANY THANKS

It is the humid and wet season in Tahiti from about November to the end of March, so the weather will be very warm and humid - around 90% plus humidity. The temperaturs are around 30C - 90F.

We were there in March this year. We were very lucky with the weather as we had very little rain but it was very hot and sticky.

Australia and New Zealand will be having summer. Some parts of N.Z. will not be so hot and a light jacket may be needed. In Australia it is our sumer time and Sydney, Brisbane and Cairns will be hot and humid.

If you come further south to Hobart, Melbourne and Adelaide, they will be warm but usually do not get the humidity. Hobart and Melbourne can be a lot cooler but then Melbourne can also be the hottest capital. Sometimes we have days of over 100F.

Even though it is summer, if a cool change comes by we can have quite unseasonal weather so be prepared and dress in layers.

Jennie

• 1 year later...

We took this cruise in jan. We flew into LAX , stayed at the Hilton as part of the package and had a lovely morning strolling along the beach.

We checked in nice and early for the air nui flight ( I emailed them to book specific seats beforehand) because the queues for security are a problem...got very drunk on the flight too much french champagne and felt very good at speaking french when all about us couldn't! that is a real point ...we did not realise what the benefits of being european were there until we arrived...flew through customs as EU passpport holders have a separate section as there were only 10 other brits on the plane...and on the islands everyone spoke french...our french wasn't brilliant but we were welcomed with our attempts ..imagine paris only in the pacific....order and take local currency from the UK as the rates are terrible for $

The jouney back is awful as it invloves 2 night flights..i grovelled to the virgin check in at LAX and he gave us as bulkhead seat on the LAX to LHR

Brilliant cruise, met wonderful people and have booked Tahiti to Hawaai for MAy 06...can't afford it but ...

Hi! We live in Glasgow and are booked on the TP in July 06. Have been in LA before, so are staying in San Francisco for a few days before flying to LA then Papeete. Reckon we need time to adjust to the different time-zone before we fly on to French Polynesia. Same on return. have booked a few days in SF before returning to Scotland

Archived