Roll Call: Radisson Paul Gaugin 6/26--7/3

pennstatefan

Anyone else joining us in paradise?

What is everyone's pre or post cruise plans? My partner and I will be on Bora Bora and Moorea for one week before the cruise starts...we heeded the warning to do the pre cruise since we'd be soooo disappointed by on-land service after the Paul Gaugin!

Which shore excursions are you looking at?

Doug

Hi,

Just went and had a quick look at the Radisson page, and there were a few roll calls on that board. You may get better luck.

We are doing Tahitian Princess, July and have booked cars for each port, swim with dolphins, catamaran sunset sail, Bora Bora and polynesian dinner in Raiatea.

We are also heading to Papeete early, but not to worried about the service, I always just go with the flow. I had friends who have come back and no worries about service.

Michelene.

Hi,

As we live on the Queensland coast in Australia, we do enough beachy, snorkelling and such here. We have decided to give a miss to the most popular tour (from what I have read) Marcs picnic, as we are travelling with family, and sitting in a metre of water is not quite there style, but I would research it out. It is very popular and people rave about it. We have spent a long long time sailing across the pacific and know Tahiti pretty well, so we are hiring cars to give the family a personal tour. This way we can hit the highlights, go shopping when we want, eat when we want, and when we drive past that pretty little beach - stop for a swim. We are bringing all our own gear, snorkel, mask etc. We decided on the sunset sail for a trip down memory lane.

We prereserved cars as I heard somewhere that when the ships are in cars can be tight.

Hope this helps,
Basically - if you are going to Tahiti for water sports, book them, if you are the touring kind book that. Don't take my lead, we are doing this a little different to most.

Feel free to ask away,
Michelene

thanks. Good advice about booking the cars and watersports beforehand.

since it's our first time, we'll do lots of exploring (and relaxing). what's your favorite island? we're looking at the brand new LE TAHA'A for a precruise stay:

[url="http://www.letahaa.com"]http://www.letahaa.com[/url]

have you heard of it? Are there certain islands that are better for certain types of excusions?

thanks again

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Michelene:
Hi,

As we live on the Queensland coast in Australia, we do enough beachy, snorkelling and such here. We have decided to give a miss to the most popular tour (from what I have read) Marcs picnic, as we are travelling with family, and sitting in a metre of water is not quite there style, but I would research it out. It is very popular and people rave about it. We have spent a long long time sailing across the pacific and know Tahiti pretty well, so we are hiring cars to give the family a personal tour. This way we can hit the highlights, go shopping when we want, eat when we want, and when we drive past that pretty little beach - stop for a swim. We are bringing all our own gear, snorkel, mask etc. We decided on the sunset sail for a trip down memory lane.

We prereserved cars as I heard somewhere that when the ships are in cars can be tight.

Hope this helps,
Basically - if you are going to Tahiti for water sports, book them, if you are the touring kind book that. Don't take my lead, we are doing this a little different to most.

Feel free to ask away,
Michelene<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hi Pennstatefan,

Wow oh wow. I am drooling. Your resort looks absolutely fantastic. Go for it, I would say. I have never heard of it before but by the looks of it, how can you go wrong.

Favourite Island - I love Moorea, David likes them all, Bora Bora for watersports, you cannot beat the lagoon, so blue and so ah!!! wonderful, but Bora Bora has a nickname - Boring Boring. It is beautiful, but not much to do, besides hang out and relax. Sounds tough eh! - I also love Papeete, I have a thing for the french, love french food, etc. We are staying 3 days in Papeete prior to boarding the ship, but after seeing your place, I might have to extend at the end and go and hang out. We are the exploring types. When we want to relax in a resort we usually head to Thailand. Just love Thailand and they have fantastic resorts.

So - watersports in Bora Bora, - I would maybe suggest a sail of some kind as the lagoon is spectacular, or jetski - I like the slower less noise my self. Land touring in Moorea or Dolphins and Whales, eating in Papeete, and relaxing at LeTahaa sounds like the perfect vacation to me. It also looks like a great place to snorkel. Top it off with a cruise on the Paul Gaugain and I would say you are in Paradise. Pretty much 5 star to me.

When will you be in French Polynesia. What dates does your ship sail? If we are around at the same time, would you be interested in a hookup for a island cocktail?

Someone is very lucky,

Michelene.
Hope this helps.
PS - all just suggestions. [img]http://messages.cruisecritic.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Hi Michelene,

I love your name by the way! My partner Stan and I will arrive in Papeete June 18 and have 1 week on land (Bora Bora Lagoon AND Le Taha'a) before boarding the Paul Gaugin on June 26. We'll be in Papeete the first night, the night before we board, and on July 4.

would LOVE to get together if you're available then.

Le Taha'a is supposed to be "magnificent" and the most luxurious resort in French Polynesia! you must visit it!

we went to Australia and Queensland last year for the first time and LOVED it.

talk to you soon.

doug

ps feel free to also email me at: [email]dougshelton@yahoo.com[/email] thanks.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Michelene:
It's me again,

Sorry I just noticed you have a name,

Hi Doug,

Michelene<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Archived