Cruise Critic Community

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mustang67

Low carb Wine

Anybody know if RCCl, specifically the Navigator, stocks any of the new "Low carb" wines? I know you aren't supposed to bring any with you but I've read places that if you require a specific brand or type of wine that they do not sell themselves that they would allow you to bring on board.

Sorry for another alcohol question as I don't wish to perpetuate the bringing of alcohol on board threads but have not seen any "Low carb wine' posts.

Thanks

Guest OBAYbee

Is the reason you want to have the "new low carb" wines because you like the new brands or because you are carb conscious?

If it's the later, a red or white wine would be fine on a low carb diet. (Red has about 5gms carb per 5 oz vs. white with about 2gms.)

I have never tried the new low carb labeled wine. Mostly because I've always considered the term low carb over used in the market and not necessarily true. If you read the ingredients etc you can pretty much tell what is really low carb and what is not.

If it's the taste you like with those wines, it won't hurt to ask RCCL.

We are carb conscious but also are looking for something they do not stock on board so we can bring some with us. I've heard as "pinkrosesdeb" states that if they don't stock it they will allow it onboard. So short of a wine list I was trying to think of a wine that may not be in the ships inventory.

Anyone know of a wine list?

How many bottles would they allow?

Even if it wasn't Carb Lite we would like to bring some with us. Just looking for a brand to bring onboard.

Thanks for the responses so far.....

Is the reason you want to have the "new low carb" wines because you like the new brands or because you are carb conscious?

If it's the later, a red or white wine would be fine on a low carb diet. (Red has about 5gms carb per 5 oz vs. white with about 2gms.)

I have never tried the new low carb labeled wine. Mostly because I've always considered the term low carb over used in the market and not necessarily true. If you read the ingredients etc you can pretty much tell what is really low carb and what is not.

If it's the taste you like with those wines, it won't hurt to ask RCCL.

Absolutely true!

The so called "low carb wines" are simply an advertising gimmick. The actual difference in the "low carb wines" vs. all other wines is minimal. Drink what you want and have a great cruise!! It's your vacation!! :D

Cheers!