HAL CC Group Caribbean Cruise ~ Final Poll

Which cruise works best for you?  

40 members have voted

1. 1. Which cruise works best for you?

• 10/29/06 or 11/12/06 Westerdam ~ 7-day "Eastern" Caribbean
    • 11/3/06 Volendam 10-day ~ "Southern" Caribbean
    • 11/5/06 Westerdam ~ 7-day "Western" Caribbean

Oh bummer...I wasn't expecting the 10/29 sailing to win! I was hoping for the 11/12 since the 10 day southern didn't get enough interest :(

Will have to re-think this one since the end of the month is so busy at work it is hard to imagine getting ready for a cruise too .....

Oh bummer...I wasn't expecting the 10/29 sailing to win! I was hoping for the 11/12 since the 10 day southern didn't get enough interest :(

Will have to re-think this one since the end of the month is so busy at work it is hard to imagine getting ready for a cruise too .....

By the time you cruise you will have practice with this crusie :) "Splendour of the Seas 10/22/05"

Hey this will be my first Retirement Cruise! If you all want to get in line to buy me a drink it will be okay with me! DH can buy his own. :D It is going to be so strange to be "free" and not have to check work schedules to see if I can get off. For those of you who are already retired, can you relate?

I have the feeling though that most of you are younger and not at that crossroad yet! We don't feel retirement age when we are out on the dance floor dancing up a storm. Only when we have to walk back to our seats! :D

Hope you all are not superstitious and think that us "bump-ees" (Iggi and us) will bring this cruise bad luck; meaning that a "bigger group" will bump us! :eek:

Heather, again thank you for all of your work. It is not easy trying to make something work for everyone, and you are so considerate of everyone's feelings. :)

This could end up being the longest pre-cruise thread ever, starting this early!

Nope...we leave October 18th for the Splendour and don't return to work until the 1st of November. That means I miss the end of the month "push" at work. ;)

I work in a manufacturing facility and customers can be very demanding during the last week of the month. "No don't build that - we need this one instead" :eek:

Nope...we leave October 18th for the Splendour and don't return to work until the 1st of November. That means I miss the end of the month "push" at work. ;)

I work in a manufacturing facility and customers can be very demanding during the last week of the month. "No don't build that - we need this one instead" :eek:

aaaaaaawww darn and I thought I solved your delema :(

Heather, et.al.

We've swung into the 'yeah, we'll go' side, barring bankruptcy or sudden death.

I'm already looking forward to it. I just checked the detailed itinerary on HAL's website and, wow ... SCUBA opportunities in every port! Not to mention trick or treating on the ship. :)

Blue skies ...

--rita

Does anyone know a good place to get Halloween costumes? All the places around here have the typical sm. med. lg. and extra large. The later being an extra large made for the junior figure. Not a problem for DH as they usually make costumes roomy enough for the average built man. But if you are the least bit busty, forget it! :eek:

We've cruised on Halloween (HAL) about four times and there never was any sort of big deal and almost no one wore costumes. As I recall, they had a party up at the Crownest in the evening and other than some cowboy boots and hats ....no one really wore costmes.

There is no reason we couldn't have our own party set up whevever....I think it possible we would get some cooperation from the crew finding us a place to party--- but we might feel a little conspicuous out and about the ship in costumes. NOT to say we couldn't/shouldn't do it but thought I'd mention Halloween is not usually a big deal on HAL ships.

Never saw or heard of any 'trick or treating'.

BUT....if we were to book the "PS", we surely could have a great party in there!!! (Don't think that's going to happen, though:) )

I so wish I could join you but being gone the last couple of days and the first 5 days of the month are totally forbidden for me in the car business and unfortunely I need this job to pay for my cruising addition. if my any chance the dates get changed to the middle of the month you could definitely count us in.

Oh well, maybe next time.

This is all such great news! Trubey, ExaltHim, so great you can make it!

As for Halloween, I know I won't be doing any trick or treating:eek: ... but if we have enough people going it will be everyone else who feels out of place if we decide to go in costume:D . We're cruising on Celebrity over Halloween this year and I'll be interested to see if they do anything.

Once we get going, CC will be creating a special page for our group cruise with all the info including prices, booking information and a message board just for us. The directions say CC will help us link our message board in our CC signature to help promote our cruise. I think Rita is right ... it could be the longest Roll Call ever!!!

Also, if any of you are handy it says if we create our own CC Group Cruise Web site, that can also be linked in our signature. I'm afraid that's a bit beyond my reach.

Lisa, maybe you can get that great brain of yours working and figure a way to get those few days off. We all want you to come so much.

I don't know about everyone else, but I've been busily checking out the deck plans to decide exactly where I want to be! Now I just have to talk DH into an "SS"!!! I've been thinking of one of the VA aft cabins but Brian sent me a link to some pictures of those and I'm not sure I like the "hallway" look.

Anybody every been in one of those?

Has anyone been to Turks and Caico's Island? If so, is it nice? Looking forward to all of these ports as I have never been to any of them. We have only done the Western Carribean. Also looking forward to our first HMC stop. Would be neat if we could rent all of the Cabanas! :)

Rita

Steve, delighted you can join us!!! We'll keep you posted. Living right here in the middle of hurricane season:D , I can tell you that by the end of October (particularly in the Eastern Caribbean) we're on pretty study ground. The peak season for Atlantic hurricanes is August/September. Any forming after that are generally out of the Gulf and should not affect us.

That said, I know it only takes one;) .

BTW, we have about 22 people saying they will likely or postively take this cruise. That is fantastic!! Many of those 22 are 2somes so we have between 35 and 40 likelies right now.

Let's book the ship!!!!!:D

Just got the "thumbs up" from DW! Since we'll be in a SS in June on the Zui....we'll probably get the same next Oct/Nov. We'll also look into booking a Cabana..we love to host parties!!! :D I need to go back and read about the Blenders again. :rolleyes:

I also checked the itinerary as some others have. I think HAL is listening! This is the same itinerary as we sailed this past January EXCEPT Turks & Caico replaced Nassau and the port time in Turks & Caico is longer than it was in Nassau. I know we noted on our survery that if we had Nassau as a port for a future cruise we wouldn't even get off the ship and alot of others shared the same opinion.

We just LOVED both St. Maarten and Tortola so this is a great itinerary for us.

I am so looking forward to meeting all of the CC folks on this cruise!

If we get enough of us we can become the big obnoxious group that everyone complains about! Have our own costume party, take over the aft pool, ask everyone we meet what their CC screen name is and then look at them in shock when they haven't a clue what we're talking about.....I know a bunch of Cardinal fans I wouldn't mind feeling like THEY were the out of place outsiders on the ship!

If our plans don't work out for a two week cruise on Statedam in Oct. or Dec., we very much would like to be a part this CC group cruise whichever date you decide, our first choice would be the 10 Day Volendam on 11-3 and 2nd would be the 10-29 date.

Also, if any of you are handy it says if we create our own CC Group Cruise Web site, that can also be linked in our signature. I'm afraid that's a bit beyond my reach.

I wonder if anyone here has the technical expertise to create an "official" banner for us. You see that in some people's signatures ... a special banner for one of their upcoming group cruises. I think that would be really nice for us to have.

I'll be taking an inside cabin on this cruise since I will more than likely be going solo and would like to be able to smoke in my cabin.

Unless, of course, there are any other solo travelers who smoke that would like to share a veranda suite? :)

Blue skies ...

--rita

Keith & Gina ... absolutely right! And don't forget we must be sure to get out on the aft deck pretty early and hog all the deck chairs. Maybe hold aside 20 or 30, throw towels and books and stuff on them!!!:D

boards, don't think you may have read everything. The final choice was the 7-day Eastern Caribbean on the Westerdam 10/29/05.

Rita, we'll have to watch and see if anyone is looking for a share!

Tyman, great news that DW wants to do it. Guess Amy's out of the picture:( . Boo hoo.

Yes, I agree that these are great ports and I'm thrilled Nassau is GONE!!! What a stupid stop and only until noon!!! I called it a sea day on our last cruise. It will be fun to have Turks and Caicos since we've never been there.

EKerr just called me from FLL. They're there and getting on the Volendam tomorrow for a 10 day cruise! Lucky dogs. She'll get well now for sure. She was so happy that we came to a decision and we're moving forward. She and DH are in for sure, too.

Sorry, thank you thats fine with me, so as I said we will be very much interested if the other plans fall through. This is a special year for us its our 50th anniversary and looking to do something special the CC group cruise just may be it. Thank you for all your efforts.

Archived