Two more questions: vegetarian dining, OBC credit

witchegirl

Thanks to everyone who helped me the other day (I'm new to HAL). I have two more questions I hope you can help with.

1. When I booked the cruise, the anytime dining option was default checked and I just went with it, thinking maybe it would be a nice change for myself and the girls. However, afterwards (and after reading about it here) I realized that may not really be the best option for us. I'm vegetarian (which I noted in the booking). On Carnival, I just ate off the regular menu, since there was always at least one veg option. But that was pretty boring and so I was looking forward to having the vegetarian menu to select from, for the next night's meal. I suspect that would be easier, or may only be possible, if I have traditional dining and regular waiters, etc. Thoughts? Can I call them and change it to traditional dining?

2. My mom purchased OBC for me more than a week ago and it's not showing up in my account. She specified for it to be delivered at sea, so I'm wondering if that's the reason? She wants me to confirm that I was credited for it, so I'm wondering if it usually shows up online in your account? or if I need to call. The other reason I'm concerned is that while I had a booking number, I couldn't access my account online within 24 hours after I'd paid, so after some calling around they found that I'd somehow been assigned 2 mariner numbers and that was confusing things. That's fixed, but my mom purchased the OBC during that twilight zone period, so I'm wondering if I should be worried that it's "lost."

Thanks again, everyone!

1. Once you get on board go see the dining room manger. Either you can be switched to a fixed dining time or you can be given a "standing reservation" within Open dining. Or a least assigned to the same waiter team every night, but not necessarily the same table.

2. Unless you booked on-line directly with HAL, generally only TA's can see the OBCs on your account. You should have gotten a confirmation email, which you should bring with you just in case, or you can contact your TA to get a Guest Copy of your account.

Archived