ON THE DAWN-What shows can't be missed?? And other entertainment questions...

We were on the Dawn sailing 2/27/05. Do not, under any circumstances, miss Second City! It was hysterical and we laughed until we cried. That was the only big production show we saw. The Not So Newlywed Show was also amusing.

I thought the production shows were fantastic!

All the seats offer excellent views of the show although the price you pay is that there is very little leg room.

If you are used to having a drink while watching the show, don't count on it unless you are on the end. There are no places for drinks to be placed in the showroom and you will be holding it throughout the show.

It did not bother me a bit!

Don

We sat in the "balcony" sections for all the shows and there is room to put down a drink and be very comfortable - might be something to consider. ;)

We found the productions pretty darn good. As it was our first cruise, we had nothing to compare it to, but were impressed.

G

Was I the only one who enjoyed Bollywood,Southbeach Rave and Adrew Lloyd Webbers Music of the Night.

The Andrew Lloyd Webber show on the Dawn has now been replaced by the 2nd City Comedy Troupe. Bollywood and South Beach Rave are still being shown and some of us have seen them on three different cruises. Time for some new shows.

I am hoping the Murder Mystery Dinner will be on still in May. That sounds like it would be alot of fun.

Second City sounds great! The "Music of the Night" show was my least favorite so I am glad it has been replaced. Maybe in the future the other shows will also be replaced.

I really enjoy the extra shows like Comedy, No so Newly Wed and even CD Mikes, Shippendales. He and the crew really did a fun show. They were great.

FIRST TIME CRUISER; Have a great time. You picked a great ship.

Jeanne

Not too long ago, within the last month, I read on a thread that when the Dawn comes out of drydock she will have all new shows. It led me to believe that the only one staying would be Second City. That thread was written by someone just coming off the Dawn on one of her last sailings. Did anyone else see this info or have any other info to add?

Not too long ago, within the last month, I read on a thread that when the Dawn comes out of drydock she will have all new shows. It led me to believe that the only one staying would be Second City. That thread was written by someone just coming off the Dawn on one of her last sailings. Did anyone else see this info or have any other info to add?

I never saw that. I would be very surprised. The press release from Jan. indicated that with the introduction of Second City only one of the current shows would go. No mention of this change on my Feb. Dawn cruise.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=110&pp=100

“The Best of Second City” will replace Norwegian Dawn’s current Music of the Night performance, which features the musical scores of Sir Andrew Lloyd Webber.

I was on the Feb. 27th sailing of the Dawn and I'm sure Colin Kerr told the audience that this was the last week of the Jean Ann Ryan productions; therefore Bollywood and South Beach Rave will probably be replaced with new production shows. Those CC members going on the next Dawn sailing, please let us know about the new entertainment and don't miss Second City !

Archived