Looking for a WL buddy... sailing Feb 2012

brokenglass

JustUs - I know it wasn't what you were hoping, but my congratulations! Every week you don't gain I really think helps you lower that set point. And it sounds like this is becoming a lifestyle change :D And that's critical. I tend to clean my plate, too, so to walk away when you are full, that's a big high five.

I'm doing much better. Not exercising still but yesterday and today I am feeling a little more optimistic and have a little more energy. So I was able to to eat "normally". So no stars or rats. Tomorrow I'm going to try again!

I am not sure how to tell you about copying down the icons...I have a mac, so little different controls, but on a pc you should be able to mouse over the image, right click and in a second a little dropdown menu should appear next to the cursor and give you the option to save image as (or something like that)...

Well, I'm back from our family vacation and man am I exhausted!!! I need another vacation to recover from this one. We did a lot of walking around visiting museums and amusement parks but we also ate a lot and drank (a little).

I didn't weigh myself but it feels like I gained so I am going back on the saddle and verify what I eat and exercise more. We do have more or less 6 months to our cruises. Am I right ladies? The most important is to lose weight and/or not gain.

I am having a hard time with my wardrobe now. Nothing fits me right at the moment. I am still wearing the clothes from before I lost my 33 pounds and I am floating in them but I have some smaller size clothing items that are still a bit tight at the moment. So now, I am pretty discouraged because I don't fit comfortably in what I want yet and I don't want to buy anything either since I know I'll fit in my old clothing before our cruise. I'm sick and tired of wearing my old wardrobe. Ugh!!!

Have a great day girls!

Guylaine

Welcome back Missguy! Hi, Everyone!

Well, I had a fun weekend. The trip was great, I thought I did ok with the food. I had a sub for lunch Sat., and a Margarita. but we walked our butts off sightseeing. I went to the gym this morning fully believeing I at least lost a pound. I did the bike class, and weighted myself. I had gained the 2 pounds back that I lost last week! Really! I'm so disappointed I could scream. AAARRRGGGG!!! RATS! Double rats for 2 pounds in the wrong direction! My thoughts at the gym were....why do I bother? I went every single day last week. I'm planning on going every single day this week. It feels, right now, like I'm wasting my time. I ate very healthy so far today, so I'm going to keep at it. I'm just discouraged right now!

Don't be discouraged luvtrips!!! Do you feel like you've lost a little weight? When I lost the weight before and was working out, I was not losing WEIGHT fast, but boy I was I losing inches. Remember muscle is heavier than fat. So maybe you are losing inches but for a bit the scale doesn't show it until those new muscles start burning ...

Just a thought. And NO rats if you stuck to plan!!!!! Not allowed!!!

That's an idea I didn't think of. I thought I had lost a bit because my pants seemed to fit better. That's why I couldn't believe it when I weighed myself. Maybe I should just not weigh, and go by how I feel in my clothes. Hmmm..... ok, thanks for the encouragement. I feel better. Having a good week so far, gym and eating healthy.

Hope you all are doing well, our trip is only 5 and a half months away now!

Awesome! I'm so glad - I didn't want to be blowing smoke. But if you "feel" lighter YOU ARE.

I can't say I did well today. Didn't eat too much but having a beer right now so that = a RAT.

BF will be here Sunday for a week and a half. I am going to try again after that. I won't go overboard, it's just right now my emotions are all over the place. We've been doing the long distance thing for over a year now (UGH)...it's been almost five months this time. So you can imagine I am lucky to function half the time :-) Trust me I'm not complaining. It's not like he's in the military! Just family stuff and who needed to be where and when. Fortunately there is Skype. How did people ever do it before the internet????

Hi everyone! Can you believe August is half over??? :eek: I'm excited to say that I lost that pesky pound! 8.5 lbs to go. The weather here is perfect for walking after I get home from work so I've been doing a lot of that, so that's probably helping. Can't claim a star though, more of those darn chips n salsa again for lunch. :o

Bobblefrog, I'm glad your BF will be here - I can't imagine a long distance relationship for a year...yes, Skype is a wonderful thing. Just try to maintain if you can - you'll feel better to know you didn't gain anything. You can do it! :)

Good job luvtrips - yes I definitely agree, if you feel lighter and your clothes fit better, then phooey on the scales and yay for feeling better!

Missguy, do you sew at all? When I hit my 30 lb mark, I took in some of my favorite clothes so I can wear them a little while longer. I got rid of most of my bigger clothes though, because I don't want to grow back into them. I'm still hoping to go down 1 more size, so I'm not buying many new things yet either. I really need to get in gear and get to my goal weight before fall - I bought quite a few new things last fall and I was at my highest weight then, so just about everything for fall/winter will be too big. But that's a great problem to have! LOL

Have a great Wednesday everyone...in six short months, we'll be very close to getting ready to leave for our cruises - whooo hooo! :D

Lost 1 lb this week :)

total loss 31.5 lbs

my goal: 40 lbs

Hi everyone! Can you believe August is half over??? :eek: I'm excited to say that I lost that pesky pound! 8.5 lbs to go. The weather here is perfect for walking after I get home from work so I've been doing a lot of that, so that's probably helping. Can't claim a star though, more of those darn chips n salsa again for lunch. :o

Lost 1 lb this week :)

total loss 31.5 lbs

my goal: 40 lbs

YAYYYYY!!!! I saw this post earlier and thought I'd done a congrats - CONGRATSSSSSSSSS. I hope you are doing the happy dance. Isn't it funny how some pounds just don't want to go?

How is everyone else doing?

I haven't been too bad the last days - can't say I've stuck to plan, but haven't overeaten. Two more days and I get to pick my baby up at the airport - :D

So for being on a diet...I sure have been studying those new menus on the Carnival board AWFULLY hard! ROFLOL!

Thanks!!! Well, for some reason the scales is missing out of the restroom at work, what an odd thing to go missing! :confused: So I don't know what I weighed yesterday, and I'm off work today and tomorrow for our getaway weekend - yay! Hoping I can at least maintain over the weekend, but we do have plans to eat at a couple of restaurants that sound really good...LOL :)

Have a great weekend everyone, hope we can all give a good report on Monday!

I've read alot of complaining about the new menus, but, hey, they look just fine to me!

I've had a good week, gym every day and sticking to the eating plan. We don't plan on going out to eat at all this weekend, so that will definitely help!

Everyone have a wonderful weekend!

Hello all! Our weekend getaway was wonderful, but boy did I indulge! :eek: The scales is still missing-in-action, so I didn't have to see the results this morning LOL. We do have one of those tall scales like at the dr's office but it always weighs me heavier than the electronic one...but then my dr office scales weighs me heavier too so maybe I need to resign myself to weighing on the big scales! :p

We did a lot of walking too this weekend and even went to the fitness center once for a while. We shared desserts and I had several salads, so it could have been a lot worse for sure.

Hope everyone is doing well - how are your weight loss efforts going? Our cruises are getting closer day by day, you know! :)

JustUs- glad your weekend was fun! Watch out for using different scales. I used to do that, and always disappointed myself. Now I only use the one in the gym ladies locker room. I lost one pound last week, that's all.

ok, where's everyone else at?

Oh, I guess Bobblefrog is having a great time with her boyfriend!

Missguy- have you thought of trying the Goodwill for some "between sizes" clothes? Or yard sales? I find pretty nice stuff at these 2, especially yard sales, cause I'm a yard sale fanatic. Get things really cheap, then when you lose more weight, it won't hurt your pocketbook.

luvtrips - Congrats on your pound lost!!!! I don't know what happened to the other posters! It is so hard to stay motivated...:( hopefully they will be back or at least found another source of motivation. I've had success at Goodwill too, not so much success for my clothes at our local yard sales - but I do find a lot for the grandkids! :) I've found some good clearance bargains recently too.

So with the scales, I don't like switching between scales either. I'm trying to get used to the big scales at work with weights that you move. But I don't really know where I'm at now compared to a week ago, since it's different scales...so I'm just going with what is on the big scales and starting from there - even though it's 6 lbs heavier than the small scales! :eek: I keep telling myself it doesn't really matter, just start from here - my smaller clothes do still fit, after all. LOL

sorry to have been MIA.. luvtrips congrats on that pound! Must say I've had a bit of bad luck, with getting a cold, then injuring my foot, and most recently my knee. Which has been making getting exercise difficult! I'm not used to getting injured so much!! Over stupid stuff, even. But today my knee is feeling much better finally so once again I have renewed confidence! So needless to say progress has been slower than what I would have liked, but I have at least been sticking to a diet fairly well and eating healthier. Really looking forward to this next week, they are predicting highs mostly in the upper 70s. Also, I agree... I see a lot of complaints about the new menus but hey they still look good to me!! :)

Hi, Kathydeux, so sorry about your injuries! Glad you're doing better. Highs in the 70's? That sounds lovely. We've had the hottest August and breaking records this summer! It's regularly been 115 degrees or more. Sheesh, I love hot weather, but even I'm complaining to my DH.

kathyduex, glad you are feeling better. Wow - high of upper 70's, that is perfect weather as far as I'm concern! luvtrips, now that IS hot! It has been so hot here all summer too with awful humidity...we got our electric bill this week :eek:

My semi-annual dr appt was this morning - the doc and all the nurses were so pleased with the weight loss, according to their scales I've lost 33 lbs since my last visit in March. :) What a great feeling to have my doctor happy with me, instead of nudging me to lose weight and exercise so my health improves. We bought a used bowflex treadclimber last night. It says to do a 30 min workout 3 times a week...wow really??? LOL I did a total of 20 minutes today, with a minute break in the middle. Maybe I will work up to a 30 min with no breaks someday! :o But in the meantime, whatever I do is better than nothing right?

Have a wonderful Sunday everyone.

Heeeellllooooo all! Sorry I went awol. Rick went back last Thursday already, but I moped around over the weekend and just now starting to feel back like my old self. I really really hope this is the "last" run. He's supposed to be here permanently after the first of the year - but you all know how this economy has been. We have to do what we have to do to keep the lights on and kibbles in the bowl.

TODAY I am recommitted. I'm so tired of feeling blech! I am so proud of everyone here persevering. Congrats on all your losses. Kathydeaux sorry about your injury. That's what happened to me the one time in the last few years I had been successful - came down with a horrible bonespur that took almost 4 months to recover from. By that time I had put all the weight back on.

Does anyone use sparkpeople.com? They have great daily inspiration emails and an awesome calorie/fitness tracker. It has helped me in the past, although right now I feel too busy to keep up with it.

Did everyone have a good labor day weekend?

Hi, friends. Labor day weekend was uneventful. our daughter moved out, so she finished collecting her things. we turned her room into our son's room. It looks really nice, he loves it. He's the last kid home, and he's almost 16.

I've been going to the gym regularly, but not losing a thing! At least going to the gym keeps me motivated. I have arthritis, so working out regularly keeps my knees from hurting.

Our price dropped a bit for our cruise, so we had a small price reduction on ES rates. Woohoo!

Now we have our airline booked, and our precruise hotel. Just need to make the final payment for the cruise, but it's not due till Nov. Gotta sell more EBay!!!

Welcome back Bobblefrog - glad to see you again and that you are recommitted! :D

Wonderful news on the price drop luvtrips! I keep watching ours, but it is even higher than when I booked it.

I've been hanging in there, not losing but not gaining either. I've been doing good about getting my time in on the treadclimber 3 times a week so I'm hoping to lose inches even if the scales don't budge.

We had exciting news in our family last week - my youngest daughter is pregnant with her second child! :) Her daughter will be 5 when this one is born, they had just about given up on getting pregnant again...she even sold her baby furniture and a lot of other things this spring! :eek: :p This will make grandchild #5 for us.

Hope we can all have a positive report next week! :)

Wonderful news from everyone! I love it when ES drops luvtrips :-) We did get one, quite nice, but our cruise has been going up ever since and our class is sold out. So not expecting anything further. I have no complaints though as any lower pricing and they would have been towing us in a dinghy behind the ship!

And congrats JustUs on the new member to the family to be! There is nothing like a new baby on the way is there?

I have been doing okay this week - not consistent but eating better and exercising a little. Still struggling with anxiety and depression though, sigh. I really wish I could get it together - the joys of perimenopause. I should probably do meds, but I am so fundamentally against it. Not sure why. No one is going to give me a medal at the end of my life for suffering through it - LOL! Okay, that makes me sound like I'm a Debbie Downer. Truly I'm not. The last years though the hormones having been doing a number on me, that's all. While I hate the signs of aging, part of me is wondering if I'll be happier "after" the big M. My mother says she is, so ...

Everyone hang in there - weight loss or not, the exercise and paying attention pays off in increments and is also necessary for emotional health and longevity and all those good things!

JustUs, congrats on the soon to be new grandbaby! We just added grandchild #8 two days ago.

Bobblefrog, the menopause thing is the pits! I've been dealing with the hot flashes and stuff for a year now, and at the moment it's calmed down a bit. I don't do meds at all, but I have added vitamin B-12 and vitamin E to my regular vitamins. My Dr. told me about it, and it seems to help some. My regular vites are C, D, and fish oil. At least it feels like I'm doing something helpful!

Hi everyone!

So now that the kiddos are back to school and everyone is settled in, I can think of myself now. Boy have I been busy!

Shopping for myself and I realized that I stayed the same weight for a while now so I have to kick up a knotch in my weight loss plan. Especially now that we just booked a 3-day Bahamas cruise for THIS NOVEMBER!!!AHHH!!! That will give me more motivation, don't you think? We'll be celebrating our 20th wedding anniversary (was in May but better late than sorry). I cannot wait!!

Gotta to go walk now! See ya!

Guylaine

Archived